So...

So, even cutting my calories in half from 3000 to 1500 and upping my activity won't make lose weight in 3 fucking months. 1500 calories for a 6'1", 250 lbs male. Fucking hell.

By now, I am pretty sure there's something wrong with my body. Since German doctors are shit-tier and won't even give me the time of the day, I will ask the internet hivemind: What illnesses or disorders can keep you fucking fat/make you store water like a motherfucker/magically break the laws of physics like a retarded wizard?

Seriously guys, something must be wrong with me and I don't know what. I don't even have to shit anymore because I don't eat enough food on some days.

So, am I going insane or do I have a medical problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/Soehnle-67080-Digitale-Küchenwaage-Profi/dp/B002RLFS20/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482689226&sr=8-2&keywords=digitalwaage küche
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_food_energy_intake
aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

are you taking fiber?

I feel like this happens to many people, and the response is usually "Well you must not be counting correctly," which is unhelpful. Though I assume that will probably be the next post.

Look up Layne Norton with reverse dieting. Youre fucking ruining your progress by having a huge deficit that quick. Google it or whatever he even got videoes on reverse dieting on youtube.

Can missing fiber make you keep fat or something? But I usually eat one big meal of meat/rice (or potatos)/vegs at lunch and one sandwich for dinner every day. Then some snacks and sweets to hit 1500.

Stuff is mostly self-made, so I guess, yeah, I should get enough fiber or at least not be completely deficient.

I re-calculated so often I almost became autistic. That's not the problem. There must be something else and it's getting on my fucking nerves!

Okay, will take a look.

So starvation mode, huh? I thought that didn't exist?

Do you track your food intake and calories? If yes - post yesterday's log, lets see if it was indeed 1500 kcal

And what is your activity level? What exactly are you doing?

There is no "medical problem" that would cause you to keep your weight when on 1500 kcal a day

There it is

It does when you go to the extreme. Your body can adapt to some degree. But its not like you wont lose weight at all. and you will lose a big portion of your muscles when you go into a big deficit. Which will make anyone look worse.

Here are few possible scenarios. One of them or a combination of few could be responsible:
1. You are not actually eating 1500 due to tracking errors lazyness and eyeballing portion sizes.
2. You barely sleep, have extremely stressfull life and or job. Due to this your cortisol levels stop you from a positive body progress.
3. You have cut your calories too abruptly resulting in instant starvation mode.
4. You dont lift weights which would prevent you from downregulation of metabolism caused by calorie deficit.
5. You dont drink nearly enough water.
6. Your diet is shit and mostly composed from palm fat and glucose-fructose syrup. Little to no healthy fats, veggies and fiber
7. You dont do any cardio work. No even 1 session.
8. Hormonal wreck overall.

Dont get me wrong, I want to help you. I was fat myself couple years ago (went from 110 to 80 kg). Again - post exactly what you had yesterday, with grams and calories. The easiest explenation is that you have an error in your calculations, not som magical condition

even with no. 2,3,4,5,6,7 and 8 there is no way you dont loose weight when at 50% tdee

OP, you'll get lots of dismissive comments here, inb4 "thinking about you hurtin'", but I was in your shoes and it wasn't until I lowered my intake to 1400 that I started seeing actual weight loss. I was STABLE on 1500-1600Kc a day WITH activity, and yes I counted things to a fucking gram. Fuck that shit, not everyone has the same metabolism regardless of what Veeky Forums might like to believe for their fat-hate-threads.

Lower your intake more, give it a try. I don't know what causes this but there are absolutely exceptions to the daily intake calculations and we're likely two proofs of this.

>Do you track your food intake and calories? If yes - post yesterday's log, lets see if it was indeed 1500 kcal
Yes, I eat the same always. Let me write it down:

Breakfast:
-
Lunch:
250 g Chicken thighs - 402 kcal
150g Jasmine rice (raw) - 534 kcal
100g mixed veggies - 62 kcal
____
989 kcal
Dinner:
2 slices of toast: 162 kcal
1 slices of Gouda - 100 kcal
1 slices of salami - 60 kcal
_____
320 kcal

=1309 kcal.

I usually eat a snack of sweets or crisps to make up for the rest, like 50 grams of Gummi Bears or potato chips.

Which brings me around 1400 to 1500 kcal everyday. Coinciedentally, that's almost exactly half of what i was eating before.

>1400 cal per day for a guy over 6'
Are you retarded?

Starvation mode only happens when you're actually STARVING. Not when you're eating 1,500 cal a day. Even then, it just decreases your BMR a bit, not enough that you magically start gaining weight while eating hardly anything. "Starvation mode" is just a muh excuse.

Which food scale do you own, OP?

add some beans and oatmeal my nigga
if you got some money just buy a fiber supplement

See pic.
amazon.de/Soehnle-67080-Digitale-Küchenwaage-Profi/dp/B002RLFS20/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1482689226&sr=8-2&keywords=digitalwaage küche

>beans, oats
Too many calories, I need my meat or I'll go crazy.

>Starvation mode only happens when you're actually STARVING. Not when you're eating 1,500 cal a day.
Under 1800 a day is starving, m8.

>According to the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, the average minimum daily energy requirement is about 1,800 kilocalories (7,500 kJ) per person.[3]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_food_energy_intake

Are YOU? What, was I creating energy out of thin air when I was eating 1500 a day? No, not everyone fits your cookie-cutter daily intake calculations, people's metabolism actually differs and there are exceptions you total dunce. And this wasn't like one week, it was MONTHS of 1500-1600Kc a day, fucking WRITTEN DOWN TO THE GRAM. Get it into your head, there are exceptions to the rule. And no, starvation mode only starts at much, much lower intake, not 1600Kc. Look at what anorectic girls eat, that's starvation mode, not some guy trying not to eat like a beast.

Are you a 5' girl or just a troll?

lmao that's terrible

I was your height, 200 lbs and lost 30 lbs in 4-5 months cutting at 1500. You must be getting calories sent to you through an interdimensional rift or some shit, because that makes no sense.

Were you gaining weight at 3000 calories? What's your TDEE supposed to be?

>Actually assuming you're a fat fuck because of medical conditions.

Jesus Christ.

There are NO medical conditions that prevent you from losing weight just as there are no medical conditions that make you balloon up.

Steroids don't make you balloon up, PCOS doesn't prevent you from losing weight, chronic conditions are exacerbated if someone is obese and exist because of obesity not despite it, lymphedema doesn't not add pounds to you, only move fat from one place of the body to another.

I fucking hate fat fucks so much.

What's your activity look like? Is it possible you actually went down in activity?

I sometimes find that on days when I exercise, I'm liable to think I've earned the right to lay around the house for the rest of the day so I wind up expending less energy than a normal day where I'm on my feet. Using a pedometer helped me with that.

If you "rested" for 24 hours you'd still burn over 1400 calories.

>Were you gaining weight at 3000 calories?
Nope, strangely enough.

>What's your TDEE supposed to be?
No idea, but my BMR is 2400, according to the doctor.

>What's your activity look like?
20 minutes bike ergometer + 40 minutes lifting 3 times a week. Beforehand, no cardio and 30 minutes lifting 3x a week.

You should probably try eating more and see if your body responses to that in anyway.

>Too many calories, I need my meat or I'll go crazy.
nigga you need to poop. beans n oatmeal don't have too many calories

>1500 is not enough to make you lose weight and 3000 is not enough to make you gain weight

Yeah, right.

Do you think you could have hypothyroidism? If it isn't from the fact that you're crash dieting that is.

>Bad counting
This

Read this. And stop being an idiot.
aworkoutroutine.com/starvation-mode/

have you tried veganism?

I lost 12 pounds in three months eating 1500kcal and I'm not even as fat as you so you must be doing something wrong

Drink any soda?

Start taking walks. I burn 300+ calories walking my dog for an hour and I'm half your size. Do that everyday and it adds up and more importantly, it's an hour you can't be shoving your face, which you're clearly doing.

thats not how that works.

mate. potato chips are 600 cals per 100 gram.

I'm not a doctor, but I am a physicist.

If, in the course of a day, you expend more energy than you take it, you will lose weight. If you take in more energy than you expend, you will gain weight. If energy in = energy out, you will stay the same weight. Conservation of energy.

If I had to guess, your body is thinking it is starving and is taking more calories from food and expending less than you want. Increase to 1800kcal and do a lot of cardio. Also, drink water.

>want to lose weight
>people tell you to eat more.
fuuuck you.

eat less op.

> I need my meat
> Didn't even consider dropping his nightly snacks
Never gonna make it.

>your body is thinking it is starving and is taking more calories from food and expending less than you want

In America maybe.

No.

Yes. Didn't lose weight either but also felt like complete shit.

>1 hour walk
>300 calories
No.

Well, this is my last post. Apparently, aside from "you're counting wrong" - I'm not - and "eat more to weigh less" - absurd-, you guys don't know what's up either.

Guess I'm fucked.

Other options

>youre lying to yourself
>youre misinformed about how many calories youre actually eating

How do you all eat 3k and 1.5k calories I barely eat 1k and function without a problem, wtf.

>Lunch
good, very good
>dinner
good but I'd drop the salami and eat more greens instead, add until you reach 1500 kcal

>sweets or crisps
It is not just the calories you eat but what you eat too, dimwit. If you keep adding refined sugar or junk-food to your diet it'll be much harder to lose weight. Drop those, if you must snack because you have no self-control eat a banana or some other fruit.

Also do not drink coca cola and shit like that.

Idiot, just drop the sugary and oily sweets/snacks and you'll be fine

>>It is not just the calories you eat but what you eat too, dimwit. If you keep adding refined sugar or junk-food to your diet it'll be much harder to lose weight.

This. I lost 5 kilos after switching from eating about 1000 kcal from pasta every day to 1000 kcal from peas.
Lots of people are diabetic in my family and eating so much carbohydrates must have been bad for me.

Also, as far as I know, how much kcalories food has was calculated by burning it by flame, not by a human body. While its a good approximate, it isnt 100% true. Pasta might have bigger bioavailablity than peas and while calculator shows its the same, for your body its not.

The most common medical condition are diabetics and thyroid problems.

Well mate you should probably check in to a science lab because you have some magic genetics that makes your body not need food

>say it with me
Didn't
Count
Right

Count everything.

It could be that you started cutting so hard that your body is retaining water weight but idk when it's been 3 months. Cut with something like 2250-2500 if 3000 is the amount you need to not gain.

You're literally breaking the laws of physics you fucking retard, there's obviously something that is wrong and you're not noticing/accepting it.