Christmas is almost over and my depression is worse than ever...

Christmas is almost over and my depression is worse than ever. I have a whole week of lifting ahead of me but the new years is coming up and I can already feel the anxiety building again. How do you lonely guys make it through these holidays? I know this post is r9k as fuck but goddamn sometimes lifting doesn't help at all

Just stop being a pussy ffs
Life isnt hard

Life gets easier when you realize that mankind emerged from the primordial soup and we go back into it. Then you look in the mirror and realize how lucky you are you have a beating heart,and 2 arms and 2 legs.

Life isn't a bowl of cherries, once you realize that, it gets easier.

i get it, another person whining on the internet, but bruh you have no idea what some people might be going through, consider youself lucky if you've never had some heavy shit going on in your life

I occupy myself with shit and power through. The feeling will go sooner or later.

Either that, or my feelings are just an obstacle for me to get over. I'm going to achieve my goals, and being a depressed little bitch won't do me any good.
Sure, it's really fucking hard to start when I'm feeling like that, but I don't have much of a choice, do I?

Whether I'm happy, or satisfied, or whatever, doesn't matter when it comes to my goals and ambitions. I have shit to do to get there, and if I'm sat here shitposting on Veeky Forums, then I'm just wasting my time when I could be working my ass off to get where I want to be.

tldr; everything is shit, your feelings don't matter, get over it.

>I want to remain friends, I don't want to erase you from my life
>Not even a merry christmas

guess it reminded you too much of how you probably cheated last christmas, cunt

Well yeah people can be going through hard times, but whining about it on Veeky Forums isnt going to help them.

hes just asking for things to do, hes probs too hopeless to realize what he would enjoy so he needs us to spitball ideas lol

The fact is, people whine just about anything.

I know a guy who says he's depressed 24/7.

But he's also fat, chainsmokes, plays games all day, drinks a fuckton and doesn't study.

Ofcourse you're gonna feel like shit.

And then he always gives a reason for all his 'problems' but won't ever fix them.

This so much.

Time just keeps on ticking. Doing nothing and complaining takes just as long as empowering yourself.

tranquility is preferable - and attainable - to the illusion of happiness

but what can you do when everything is so futile?

not Op, but I'm lonely and always alone ( no friends or gf)
there seems to be no way i can improve my social skills, and get friends, it's been years since i had someone i could call a friend
how can i empower myself when nothing goes right and i can't even do diverting basic like get friends or a gf

>tfw 30 year old kv

Just because you haven't done it yet, doesn't mean that you can't.
The only way you can improve is by practice. Go out and talk to people in public, shit like that.
Small talk would be good for a start.
Don't be afraid of spaghetti, because it happens to a lot of people. If you're just making small talk, it's not likely that the other person will give a shit.

You just have to focus on confidence, then everything else will be fine.

I mean, unless you're full autismo, understanding other people and being able to talk shouldn't be that hard of a task.

This. I've spent my whole adult life whining and playing the victim to myself. I'm in my 30s now and my life is a fucking joke but I think I'm finally getting it. Life IS fucking hard and tragic and unfair for hundreds of millions of people and that is considering we are living in the most spoilt, comfy times in human history.

You have to just focus on what is in your control. Going to the gym is a prime example. You can't control genetics but you can control dragging yourself to the gym 4 times a week and doing everything in your power to change yourself for the better. Don't let life beat you down. Don't wish things were easier, pray they get even harder.

I was getting down today as its another Xmas alone whilst all my friends are successful and have hrs. Two of them got engaged today which rubs it in even more. But duck feeling sorry for myself again, I just manned the fuck up and I'm going to lift at 7am tomorrow

Life's a cunt but fight back.

Related.
I'm going to try to help you OP. The first step I suggest you take is to make a list of what bad things are happening to you that are making you feel this way. Then look at your list and figure out which ones you can actually manage and improve. The ones you can't? Fuck em. I was raised Buddhist and the most valuable lesson I ever got from it was to never really worry too much. Whenever life gives me some really shit situation, I look at it and think
>Can I do something about it? If I can, I'll figure out how to manage it. If I can't, then I can't help it and worrying/stressing out won't solve it.

I think a lot of people focus on thinking about the problem, instead of trying to think about a solution. (I actually got that from a high-fantasy novel kek).

Now that you have your list of things that you can actually manage, think of ACTIONABLE steps to manage them. The keyword is "actionable". It's easy to have so esoteric, pie in the sky new year's goal like "lose weight" but if you don't think of specific steps to reach your desired end goal, it's hard to keep yourself accountable daily. For me I am a lazy piece of shit who, if I had it my way, would be getting stoned and playing Civ instead of studying. So I force myself to study for two hours every day. It kind of sucks, but I know in the end it'll be worth it.

So what do you not like about yourself man? You can improve your body image, both by going to the gym and working on a better mental attitude about it.

Last thing I'd suggest is spend less time on Veeky Forums. It's fun for cheap laughs, but this place can be very toxic to your mental health if you take the bantz too seriously. There are a lot of people on here with so much self-hate that they spend their days insulting people on this mongolian cartoon forum.

Maybe he finds the solution to his problems to be too difficult so he doesn't even try properly.

Because that's me. I'm not overweight though.

What's going on in that gif?

its from a documentary about Bruce Lee, those are chinese triads marching, lee often fought them a lot

bump

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeoning of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

iktf

I was thinking about going to workout, but then I remembered that my community center gym is closed.

fucking hate my life.

What's your goal