He isn't evolving both his physique and his mind while in lifting

>he isn't evolving both his physique and his mind while in lifting

Explain right now why you don't listen to audiobooks or podcasts while working out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAe_uSLrSZY
youtube.com/watch?v=ewBOcdz29Sw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUoRKQhBXw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R45wnNkeuCA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=84Ly_9Lv4p4
youtube.com/watch?v=kZHaSM_wT10
youtube.com/watch?v=3AtIhuKn2No
plato.stanford.edu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do people actively listen to this crap while staying productive? I seriously can't perform other tasks if I'm really trying to pay attention to someone narrating something.

>talks about expanding mind
>podcasts or audiobooks

100% Semen

because listening and applying what u heard is two different things

also both of those are shit. just read a book faggot

Listening to podcasts makes you stupid though. It's like mental catabolism, and that's bad for gains.

>tfw to inteligent to lift

That's literally retarded. Study math textbooks in between sets. Audiobooks are for low IQ shitstains.

PROPERTIES

>tfw to intelligent to ignore posters that reply with old pctures

Because i can't multi-task.

TFW only thing listen to while lifting is anime music

youtube.com/watch?v=EAe_uSLrSZY

>tfw your waifu forgot about you and moves on with her life fucking chad whilst you look for her in train stations
sad!

youtube.com/watch?v=ewBOcdz29Sw

I don't have the attention span for audiobooks. Just goes through one ear and out the other.

OP, if you actually have the attention to spare to pay attention to podcasts and audiobooks while you're lifting, then you're obviously not working hard enough at the gym, and likewise must not have shit for gains.

When you're doing your scheduled training, ALL of your attention should be on THE WORK, not distractions like 'audiobooks', 'podcasts', or any other shit. You're allowed to watch whatever sports are on the TVs in the minute or so between sets, but when you're working you pay attention to THE WORK and nothing else.

Suggest audio books, Veeky Forums

mien kampf

Just read you nigger.

I'm completely confused with American phenomenon of audiobooks. Is it because of the cars? Why would you listen to a book, it's so insanely slow. Almost every year I give podcasts a chance, they are usually a mash up of things you'd learn from reading a wiki article stretched to an hour, dudebros, boring content dumbed down for normies or some combination of that. If it has interesting content, it's narrated by dudebros; if it has normal speakers it's a literal copy of wiki page which takes me five minutes to read; if it's a topic of interes and has normal speakers you can guarantee it's gonna be the most shallow treatment of the topic which any retard who's interested in it knows (usually, from reading the wiki).

Youtube is similar, literally only channel I like and follow on semiregular basis is School of Life.

How about we recommend actual books to each other?

Fuck you, this reminded me of my long distance gf and i teared up.
fuck you, i thought i was finally over her.

>Uses nigger
>Watches school of life
Didn't really think you'd be the type to subscribe to that cuck bullshit

what an oddly unsettling world

>is it because of cars?
pretty much yeah. A lot of white collar workers commute 1-3 hours a day.

I'm actually reading that right now

I've actually found it surprisingly balanced on political and socioeconomic topics, they have a way of pulling out lots of pros and a few cons of every side, so it's agreeable to everyone and they give off a very non-judgemental vibe. I've found a lot of the stuff they post at the very least thought provoking, even if I disagreed, which is something I prefer. I found it more entertaining that way than 10 different rehashes of 20 popular popsci topics a la vsauce/kurtsgesagt/computerphile/cold something.

Any specific reasons you thinks it's cuck bullshit? More importantly, got anything better?

I used to watch it too but I came to realise the quality went downhill pretty quick:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-wUoRKQhBXw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=R45wnNkeuCA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=84Ly_9Lv4p4
This stuff is a bit bent mate. I will say some of the a working day videos were quite nice. And just because it's better than other things, doesn't mean it's good.

Its nice to listen to audiobooks ore informational podcasts when you do work which doesnt require much thinking.

Ive learned a lot of physio stuff that way, and a lot from Layne Norton.

>Explain right now why you don't listen to audiobooks or podcasts while working out.

Because multitasking is for retards. I'm either going to be too focused on lifting to be able to pay any attention to what's said in the podcast or whatever, or too focuses on hearing the podcast to be able to focus on staying tight under 585 lbs. You don't understand this because you lift bitch weight.

Compartmentalize, dipshit. When you work out, focus on working out. Then go focus on whatever "mind" improvements you like that allow you to masturbate all over yourself about how enlightened you are, since this is what it's really about.

What do I think about during cardio sessions? Right now I just focus on not hating myself.

I listen to Fash the Nation and The Daily Shoah while lifting. It helps keep me on track, especially when the Evropa Report comes on.

It's tough to hear over the steady hum of the 500x gravity machine I practice my killing techniques inside of

youtube.com/watch?v=kZHaSM_wT10

Eeh, haven't bothered to watch those as the topic doesn't interest me, but yeah, I can definitely agree that quality has gone down a bit.

YouTube has a few quality channels I like (nurdrage, chessexplained, primitive technology come to mind, maybe even old, old, old khan academy), but informative, entertaining and original is really hard to find, they really cater to the lowest common denominator. Instead of 15 channels explaining, for example, nuclear power on the primary school level, I'd seriously pay money to support a high quality channel that would go in depth into specific types, physics behind it etc. Depth, not breadth. The only way to really get that is to read books.

I, for one, enjoy listening to pro wrestling review podcasts while playing vidya or some such.

I get too easily distracted when listening to audiobooks, right now I'm listening to a Hardcore History podcast and I feel like I just tuned out for an hour.

>Doing LISS cardio
>Making it

Pick one and only one.

I get what my fencing buddies and I call fight brain. Normally after we're done in the pit, we notice a sharp rise in agression and confidence, but a stall in cognitive function. It becomes difficult to think clearly and enunciate or learn new concepts or ideas. Also, I like to get comfy and read at home.

>Tfw I think I started this meme and it's gotten out of control

>I listened to old man and the sea

I hope nobody listens to this fucktard. Some people can use their bodies and ears, and some people are retarded.

>Cars

It has way more to do with the amount of middle class income jobs being in a cubicle. Most will let you listen to what you like as long as it's not loud.

>fencing
Spotted the pretentious faggot.

>i wank over my pseudo intellectualism on an anime lifting board.

That's what I stick to. Getting triggered helps me lift. I'm surprised how prevalent TRS listeners are on 4chinz.

this the kind of simple mind nigga that can't drive and listen to the radio at the same time.

Explain right now why you don't listen to audiobooks or podcasts while working out.

>Explain why you're not WORKING OUT WHILE WORKING OUT
>Faggot

I do listen to podcasts and audiobooks while lifting tho.

I only listen to trash audiobooks while exercising. Stephen King stuff - I lose track of I try to listen to something academic. That stuff is left for dog walks and hiking.

I recognized that I became more "radicalized" as in reading right wing politics/philosophy and stuff like this
I dont want to become the stereotypical /pol/fag that cries about niggers on the internet but is still a virgin and cant even bench 2pl8lmao

So I stopped reading and focus more on the stuff at hand

I used to do that

As soon as I started actually having to exert myself it became impossible to focus on what they were saying

Makes me wonder if you apply yourself or not

Like what audiobooks ? What´s with you faggots with audiobooks meme ? Like if i want to learn a language, how is audiobook going to help ? How ? No really How ?

As if you faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=3AtIhuKn2No

>fencing
>aggressive and confident
Pick 1 lmao

If you're doing cardio then there is benefit.
I listened to audio books/podcasts when I first started lifting but now I find that it interferes with mind-muscle connection. these days I just wear earplugs or listening to appropriate music when lifting.

Liftin while podcastin is dope

>Youtube is similar, literally only channel I like and follow on semiregular basis is School of Life.
are you memeing school of life is garbage. literatlly pop-philosophy for kids who can't even bother to read plato.stanford.edu/
kys you're just as bad as the dudebros you whine about