Hi fit, I got sliding genioplasty. This made me feel better than any amount of lifting ever has. Pic related. Ama

Hi fit, I got sliding genioplasty. This made me feel better than any amount of lifting ever has. Pic related. Ama.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/pqz8xrvbc7etqr7/[James_R._Hupp,_Myron_R._Tucker,_Edward_Ellis_III].pdf?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How much did you pay?
Where?
How's recuperation?

25,000$
California
Idk what that is

How many people on this board do you think can blow $25k on their crippling insecurity?

>still a jawlet
>tbqh still a chinlet
rofl hope it was worth it

All of them

Looking good man.

Are you able to still box and fight and shit like that without serious repercussions?

6k USD. I can't exercise for another 2 weeks. This is what it looked like a few weeks ago (had the operation December 2nd).

Thats okay, I didn't expect to become a male model. I just hated having a recessed subhuman bird profile.

Yes. The bone growth finalizes 4 months post op. Im going to have my amateur mma bout in 2017. I also have two screws in my chin.

>you find a gf wife material
>become engaged
>consider future together, kids
>kids
>someone shows her your pic when u had no jaw
>she bangs chad instead

PS, heres my current chin 3 weeks post op. 80% swelling down, no pain. I just have to wear a wrap for another week while I sleep so I don't sleep on my chin / mouth breathe
Thanks. I hated having a recessed chin. I would cover it any time a qt was standing next to me. Can't say that in public though lol

downs to stupid

its an improvement

My skull grew wrong not because of genetics, but because of various factors.

-i slept on my stomach. This put unneeded pressure on my maxilla which fucked up my jaw and bite development
-my deviated septum since I was very young made me mouth breathe. This fucked up my chin.
-un needed extractions when I was younger fucked up my palate growth.

When I raise my child I'll make sure none of this happens to them.

Lol thank you

Do you even lift?

I have been considering getting sliding genioplasty... $6k though??? I expected 2, maybe 3k based off what I read online. How far in advance did you book the appointment? When did you pay? What made you go for sliding geno vs. getting implants? Really nice change btw, definitely worth the investment imo

>lying about genetics

good on ya op. looks good.

Not to be callous, but my chin kind of looks like the after chin and I've thought about getting an implant from my crippling insecurity.

how do people react to your plastic surgey in real life? I feel like the embarrassment would keep me from ever doing it

I was going to give you a hard time, but then I looked at the before photo again and realised that no amount of mewing or special braces would have fixed that terrible chin.

You look 10X better senpai

I think about it every day brehs. I've told myself that I'm not gonna get an operation done and instead improve myself in other ways. But it really is bad isn't it. I only just turned 19 so I don't have any money unfortunately, and if I did it would be going toward paying for college not this. Fuck this gay earth. It sucks because I actually have a good face, just ruined by my profile.

Lel

Am girl. Not that bad, I don't think I would really notice or care if you had other stuff going for you.

Don't listen to this faggot Coming from an actual faggot; That looks very unattractive. If you have the money to spend like OP did, spending 6k and all, then go for it, because I know it would definitely improve your life immensely if that's actually you.

I'm paying it off in installments over the next 12 months. I got a loan.
I say it was for a medical reason. Fuck them anyways, and all the disingenuous people who said it looked fine.
Get it done asap. Do anything in your power to get it done. Work two jobs. Ask your parents. You will improve drastically.

Don't listen to this poster How disingenuous can you be???? Fuck you seriously

Hey OP, would you please share how much you make annually? I'd like to know, as I have a few surgeries I would like to have done myself, which would definitely improve my life.
I plan on getting them in approximately 18 months or so after working overtime every week until then.

This would be life changing for you man.
65k a year. Gonna live rent free in my truck soon desu. I work a tech job in silicon valley. There's a shower and everything in my building.

I realize it may not seem bad to you, and if you mean it, I'm glad it not a huge turnoff to everyone at least.
This is really the first time I've ever considered the operation in my life. I have a few thousand saved up from working full time over summers , as I will do again this year. My parents would understand where I'm coming from but they are currently paying for roughly half of my college education and I can't ask for that too.
Wow I've never seen what I was actually supposed to look like if I wasn't malformed. Really makes me sad of what could have been without operations and money and embarrassment throughout high school and so far part of college. I appreciate man, got me a little emotional.

You think I"m being disingenuous because I don't think it's a big deal if someone has a weak chin? It certainly wouldn't stop me from liking someone.

Eventually when your chin heals and you still can't get women, you'll realize it wasn't your chin holding you back but your personality.

Get it done before summer of 2017. You still have time to enjoy college to the fullest. Do your research and find a good maxfac in your area to fix it. Remember, your chin is deformed. You fix deformities. Fuck everyone who says shit like "just be confident" "you're fine" blah blah blah. We are by and large driven by our proframming--that means looks are 100% important and should be your top priority. It's a hard truth. Good luck. I wish someone would have told me about my recessed chin when I was 19 instead of 25.
My chin was deformed. Would you ever date a handicapped person? No? What if their personality was so confident and awesome? You have no idea how i am in person. Go fuck yourself. You have it so easy in the dating world as a female (if you LOOK good).

Your chin wasn't deformed. It just wasn't perfect. Give me a break.

I have dated a handicapped person.

How the fuck are you only payed 65k in silicon valley

I'm the person with the weak chin you're talking about. I wouldn't really do this to get women and I've actually been suprisingly good with girls because it's forced me to be more personable and have a good body. The reason I want to do it is because of my own insecurity and to actually look like a man. Someone with a chin like mine isn't a person who is powerful or respected. It's seen as weak and unmanly. If there was any other option but surgery I would do it, but this isn't something I can just put a lot of hard work into to fix. The pic related that the other user made of me, do you not find that not only more attractive but respectable and masculine?
Goddamn man, I really am seriously considering this now. It would be crazy to look back and think such a huge improvement to my life came from a thread on Veeky Forums. Really appreciate it my dude.

Great, youre the statistical outlier. Now stop misleading impressionable young men by telling them that their flaws are okay instead of fixing them. Here in reality, it may as well he a deformity. Hell get attention from way more women if his chin wasn't recessed. It's a leg in, from there personality will do the rest.

Do what makes you happy, user.

I do think the stronger chin looks better, but it's not so dramatic that it would change anything other than mild initial attraction. Within 15 minutes of talking to you, it literally would not matter anymore.

Wow, just wow. You are in for a rude awakening. Don't say I didn't warn you.

Rude awakening? I feel way better now that I fixed a glaring flaw. You're clueless and have never faced a man's issues. Go away.
IN my research I decided to take a deeper look at it within a contemporary oral & maxillofacial surgery textbook. Some interesting tidbits of info I found

- Implants may slide around, and erode the bone. They cost roughly the same as genio, a FAR better procedure
- Few procedures are as simple and as satisfying as chin augmentation

-The recovery time is typically 2 weeks, with no excessive bleeing / you may comfortably open your mouth after the procedure.
-That's right, this is LESS INVASIVE than getting your wisdom teeth removed.

Still not convinced? Let's get into aesthetics.

-One prominent feature of facial aging is loss of jawline definition (A true death sentence for males)
-Leaving this untreated will increase the laxity in the lower face and neck EARLIER and with GREATER SEVERITY because of lack of skeletal support

Conclusion: Your recessed chin is RUINING your life

If you want to read more, download this

dropbox.com/s/pqz8xrvbc7etqr7/[James_R._Hupp,_Myron_R._Tucker,_Edward_Ellis_III].pdf?dl=0

At the very least read chapter 26.

>Rude awakening? I feel way better now that I fixed a glaring flaw. You're clueless and have never faced a man's issues. Go away.

Yeah, we women are never judged for our looks. I have no idea what that's like.

The other user has already stated he does well with girls, and judging by his posts here, he has a nice personality and he spoke to me as an equal.

You on the other hand, well it's clear why women don't like you. And an extra half inch to your chin isn't going to fix it.

Thanks, I'm sure you're right but there are a lot of shallow people I will interact with throughout life and the first impression can be huge. Attractive people get selected over unnatractive people with the same qualities for employment all the time due to subconscious decisions.
Based on my limited research, I was leaning more towards the implant. It is much less invasive and has a shorter recovery time, costs less, and less likely to lead to complications. I tried your link but it 404'd.

Women have it way easier in the dating market. There's way more pressure on males to look good. We have to be tall, not bald, good face, smart, decent job, exciting interests. I'm a nice person, I just don't like it when people are disingenuous and say it's okay to have glaring, fixable flaws. And I don't like that my first long term girlfriend ditched me to fuck better looking frat guys because she would "resent me" if she stayed with me even though I did "nothing wrong". You know what wouldve been nice? Some FUCKING honesty. "I'm not attracted to you anymore" would've been nice. But I believed her. Oops.

>I think about it every day brehs. I've told myself that I'm not gonna get an operation done and instead improve myself in other ways. But it really is bad isn't it. I only just turned 19 so I don't have any money unfortunately, and if I did it would be going toward paying for college not this. Fuck this gay earth. It sucks because I actually have a good face, just ruined by my profile.
correcting your posture and building your frame will do more than enough for you. having power and looking dominant comes from within my bitch friend

>My chin was deformed. Would you ever date a handicapped person? No? What if their personality was so confident and awesome? You have no idea how i am in person. Go fuck yourself. You have it so easy in the dating world as a female (if you LOOK good).
Just fucking listen to yourself you insecure faggot. I don't know anyone who would type out something like this and not physically wince from the embarrassment. You're a pathetic excuse for a man, and if you weren't so repulsively unlikable, you'd be almost pitiable. Your chin isn't the reason you're a lonely virgin, it's your disgusting personality and utter lack of redeeming traits.
Hopefully you'll come to realize this one day when you notice you're still lonely, but instead you're likely to feel like you wasted your money and will just off yourself like the pathetic beta incel you are. As a matter of fact, if that's the type of response you have to someone's kind words, just off yourself right now, you'll be doing society a favor.
By the way, you still look like shit.

>$25,000

how did you explain swelling to your coworkers?

>Says the man who only knows me from a tiny picture of my chin.
My posture is great and I know because it used to be bad and now I get complimented on it.
My frame is muscular and lean, I'm as big as I can be without hindering my sports performance.

he's the janitor user

ey, baby, what's your number

sweeping sand is an easy job

>repulsively unlikeable
>physically winces at my post if said in person irl
>tells someone to kill themselves, that they should die, goes onto say I look like shit

Would YOU say that to someone irl? Fucking hypocrite. I would never tell someone to off themselves, not even on an anonymous message board. I'm just helping him avoid the torment of being ugly. The whole point of this thread is to help out people in similar scenarios. And I'm not a virgin. So fuck off.
I said it was for medical reasons

Its entry level, were not turning a profit yet. So I don't really have leverage. It's been a year, no raise. Its my first job out of college.

How much should I ask? I was thinking of going to Silicon Valley to work as a software developer. 5 years experience, but worked as a project lead recently.

I feel you on that one. I'm working for a small tech startup in Berkeley, making $75k a year, and no one has gotten a pay raise in over a year and a half now. Hopefully shit takes off this year so I can afford to consider surgery for my deviated septum and some dental work I'd like to get done...

>>physically winces at my post if said in person irl
You're illiterate too? Wow, you might as well tie the noose already. Because I said I don't know anyone pathetic enough to TYPE something like that, let alone fucking say it. It wasn't the meanness of your response that I was referring to, it was how fucking pathetic, insecure, and self-loathing you sound. You calling yourself handicapped is like a hamplanet blaming their obesity on genetics, or a tumblr SJW saying they have PTSD. Keep pretending you're a victim when you're really just a weak person.

>Would YOU say that to someone irl? Fucking hypocrite.
Yes I would, and I have, but only to people who deserve it, like you. And I haven't suffered for it socially.
You're the instigator in this scenario, so don't try to take the moral high ground. Don't think of this as me being spiteful, think of it as tough love, because you seem to respond negatively to kindness.
I'll say it again: you're still fugly, DYEL, a shit person, and insecure. You have NOTHING going for you, and you think some sub-par little cosmetic operation is going to turn your life around while you're still the shitty person you are? Fucking hilarious. You've got a long way to go, otherwise, get to tying, faggot.
Go ahead, type another rage-filled, insecurity-riddled post. You'll be screaming into nothing because I won't be here to read it. I've got to go to sleep, and I'll be glad to wake up and see someone with a fucking chin in the mirror. Merry Christmas, cunt.