Tfw gym overflowing with new years resolutions people for a couple months

>tfw gym overflowing with new years resolutions people for a couple months

get ready guys

>mentality of a beta that needs to put other down to feel stronger

Niggah all I see is more bros and brahs I can befriend and help achieve mutual aesthetics

Dubs of infinite truth

>tfw started 2 months ago so people are going to look at me like Im a NYEfag as well

Feels bad man

The only people who give a shit about anyone joining in new years are inevitably the faggots who've been training for a few months and think they're adonis.

Koo

Been going to the gym for 4+ years now, and the new years fatfucks are still annoying.

All they do is take up space and make the place overly crowded and devoid of oxygen.... and they're more likely to damage the equipment.

People who are fat need a dietitian and a psychologist, not a gym and/or a trainer. It's pretty sad so many people are so ignorant.

you don't own the gym. just because other people aren't aesthetically pleasing to you and want to get fit doesn't mean you should shit on them.

there's only one way for fat people to get fit.

Thanks for living up to my last statement.

fat cunt detected

>there's only one way for fat people to get fit.

There's lots of ways... but the best and easiest ways don't start in the gym... it starts with learning to feed themselves properly.

If you're overweight, you should shed the weight before going to the gym. Exercising while overweight and dieting is a very stupid thing to do, and it fails wayyyyy more often than not. I see it all the time.

its annoying for me because I've got a fucked up back and had to de-load to baby weight on everything for the last two months, and now because I look big I'm going to have normies following me around the gym trying to lift more than me in some weird competitive thing.

I hurt my back bow hunting because I'm dumb and fell down the side of a hill.

lol i was doing wide gripped pull ups the other day (maxed at 12) and these two brofags walk buy and say oh remember when I could do like 35 of those.. yeah man!

(I had previously over heard these faggots talking about not even being able to do one pull up)

35 is a joke - literally nobody at my gym could do that.

Pay literally zero attention to insecure fucks....

they'll all be gone in 1-2 weeks. your job is to make them as insecure as possible during that time in case they are really committed.

never looked at it like that. how do i make people insecure besides staring at them? grunting loudly while lifting? grunting loudly while resting?

ask to work in with people squatting and curl the weight on the bar.

this

See someone squatting 1pl8 and ask to work in. OHP it for reps

Homegym master race here but even if i was a gym peasant i wouldnt mind others coming to the gym. I mean at the end of the day theyre just there to better themselves however long it lasts.

this i could do
that probably not

good ideas though, any more?

See someone deadlifting 2pl8. Ask to work in, do pendlay rows for reps

this man speaks the only truth
OP is, literally, a faggot

you don't know how it feels trying to work out in an overcrowded gym. if there's more than 10 people in the room, not only do i get irritated, but also most if not all of the equipment is taken. we only have two benches for barbells and three for dumbbells. only one squat rack and that's in use half of the time by some dumb fags squatting in front of it, deadlifting, or yes, even curling. it happens all the time and it will happen more often in january so we have good reason to be upset

don't think this will work that well. many people, especially new years resolutioners won't know the difference between rows and deadlifts

this is the newfag thread? help me guys
I am the ultimate newfag to lifting, I despise my weak and mortal body and need muscle mass desperately, I'm an underweight, lanky skeleton despite having a round stomach etc.
someone bought me a barbell for christmas and I have no idea what the fuck to do with it, heavy lifting is out from the start because I have no rack or bench and no experience. No gym because I live an hour from civilisation. Is there hope for me?

Do calisthenics and start running, eat more protein.

Start lifting weights as soon as able.

Definitely do bodyweight squats (build mobility/movement pattern), pushups (learn to do them correctly because you definitely don't know how), pullups ( again you don't know how to do them), planks, hip thrusts, l-sits, lying leg raises, etc cetera.

Running will help you with regards to building work capacity and fixing posture problems especially with regards to your hips which are probably shit if you sit a ton.

look up on youtube:
>power clean
>front squat
>military press
>deadlift
and do push ups until you can afford a bench. also find some place or equipment to do pull ups, they're most important

i love my gym for a single reason: you can only join if you sign a 1 year contract. it deters 95% of the NYR fags. the other 4% waste their money and maybe 1% commit to it.

Does lifting take more calories for different people?

Like say your average joe vs a bodybuilder doing the same exact routine.

Would the body builder burn less calories because its easier for him or would he burn more because he is working larger muscles or does non of that matter and its the same for each?

Didn't want to make an entire thread for one question.

same here, but it's only 16 bucks a month. and a lot of people seem to think 190 is a good price for a fit and healthy body (lol)

larger muscles do burn more calories by default, but i'm not sure if that would be compensated for by the workout being less strenuous. good question actually, have a bump

>used to lift
>reaching 1/2/3/4
>got hurt squatting 3pl8
>stopped going
>never felt motivated to go back
>"i can start again anytime"
>got fat
>made a ny resolution last week to return and lift again
>i'm a nyrfaggot now
JUST

muscle requires more calories than fat by default. not to mention a bodybuilder would be able to lift much heavier weights thus increasing his caloric need even further.

fuck you desu

No one here is saying go talk shit to them, so no one is shitting on them by pointing out that they are inconvenient as fuck. I've been going for years, and the gym being crowded is always inconvenient. The gym just so happens to be most crowded after new years.

Grunting excessively doesn't make people insecure, it makes you look insecure... or severely autistic...

>exact same routine
probably implied same weights too. if not, the bodybuilder will definitely burn more

i thought that was the reason why it's prohibited at planet fitness. so no grunting, just staring?

Dude. Think of all the fresh QT cardio bunnies that will be walking around all nervous and timid just waiting for you to glance at them before you go back to staring at the floor because you are a beta and nobody will ever love u :)

>tfw took a year off due to various injuries and moving and want to get back inshape
>tfw cant use the gym becase everyone will think im sone nye faggot

I sometimes know this feel.

"show me"
easiest two words to put down an arrogant brofag

>those retarded sleeves
>teabag still in
>unkempt dog hair
>facebook angle
put women in concentration camps

i hate them all desu

>be in uk
>the gyms gonna be overflowing with 28% bodyfat pajeets and pakis with giant pot bellies and 10 inch arms

I'll have to wear a bane mask to hide the stench, shame I can't shield my eyes.

just wear gas mask

you still find this funny? whats middle school like?

this. i kinda like the hair though

this guy's totally not a curryfag.

Just hate these guys who doesnt deload or blocking a machine or place while doing literally nothing, taking photos or browsing instagram.

>mfw I'm taking this week off because i havent took a break in 10 months and Im switching routines
>still look dyel and like a new year resolutioner because I fell for thr strength training meme
Oh well

>b-but, guys...i'm not a NYR fag. I've lurked here for 3 m-months now

i play pokemon go in between sets. what do you do while resting?

+Bodybuilder has higher upkeep because more muscles
-his muscles and CNS are more adapted, so more efficient
+he needs much more weight to benefit from the training, no normal fatty can follow his program

>tfw a nyrfag but i probably lift more than 80% of the people on this board who cry about nyrfags
not sure about this feel

you probably look dyel because you didn't eat enough, not because you trained right

So to summarise...
1. IF you're fat, don't exercise at all. Least of all in a gym, you might piss some fag off.
>don't test me.jpg
2. They take up room in the gym.
This one i can kind of see your logic, but being fat and inexperienced is the same as being a twig and inexperienced. You're both new to this shit, and EVERY WEEK I see fuckers messging with the cables and light dumbbells (shadowboxing and shit) and its ALWAYS SKINNY GUYS.
3. You probably are a skinny, insecure little fucker. Don't take up my space in the real world you degenerate. Stay inside where you belong.

Not even trolling, I have lifted for 4+ years, look better than you ever will, outperform your every lift, and only lurk here but this got to me

but that's because you're fat. big numbers on a fatty count as much as abs on a skinny guy. if you don't have both you better keep your mouth shut

Just sitting there and staring in the mirror or watch others.

Fuck you, sleeves like that are comfy AF

Hey Adam Sandler, what is your routine like?

Look at the wall and listen to music/podcast

I hope you're a woman because if you're a man I'll have to track you down and make you one

and that's better because?

>said every angsty faggot who can't relax during his breaks and won't acknowledge that breaks for heavy compounds need to be longer than 30 seconds.

>I can't handle comfortable things because rawr manly man :3
>men want gravel in their food and condoms made of barbed wire and thistles

C'mon man, it's okay to enjoy good things even when women liked them first.

Real men like cuddles during rain storms, hot cocoa and the occasional prostate massage

Because im not wasting time, while im checking 10 minutes my phone while doing nothing and dont let anybody work in, maybe thats why, anything up to 3-5 minutes is ok, but 10 mins is way too much and i saw guys doing this.

>being this butthurt
user pls

I was trying to imply that I'm going to hunt you down and make you my woman. Post pics of yourself in cute sleeves and stockings faggot

i sometimes rest for more than five minutes when i'm going for that PR. then again i do let others work in if they ask politely. if they don't i make sure to do a couple of extra sets

Implying men use condoms

Resting more than 5 minutes if fine, if you're going for a PR like this user said . When I'm testing my 1RM I sometimes take 15 minutes rest if it's diddly/squat.

>Excercising while overweight and dieting is a very stupid thing to do.
t. retard

they go hand in hand

what do you expect them to do? get a calorie deficit of 500 going and then lay in bed all day waiting to lose weight? You are an insufferable faggot.

>When I'm testing my 1RM I sometimes take 15 minutes rest if it's diddly/squat.
>spends 3 hours a day in the gym, but only 5 minutes of it is lifting

these are the fags who say overtraining doesn't exist.

the worst thing about the NYR crowd?
the thing about them that makes me hate them with the fury of a million /pol/tards?

after two months, they stop coming to the gym
because they said fuck it
because they gave up

Oh yeah because deadlifting 3x bodyweight at 97-100% with sub 5 minute rest times is REAL smart.

And I said 1RM attempts, so maybe once every 8-12 weeks you retard.

No, but come here and let's wrestle for top positions. I have oil

My gym's clientele is mostly dudes ages 20-60, we have like one girl to every 50 of us.

yeh lol basically if someone comes on new years i wont even look at them until after a full year, and even then i still hate them because they waited for 'new year' to start lifting.

I work out at 5AM before work.
The gym is always empty, sometimes talk to the cleaning woman - they are both really nice.

5 AM, sheesh. A buddy of mine does that, I can never muster the motivation to leave my bed that early in the morning. I suppose it helps his gym is right by his work tho.

>Tfw gym closed for renovation for at least three months
>Gonna have to find a new gym till then
>Gonna look like a nyrfag
>Tfw hate starting out at a new gym
>Fuck

>months
try 3 weeks.

If you look like you lift you won't look like a nyrfag.

Theres still the pain of a new gym. I just fucking hate unfamiliar gyms. My regular gym feels like home.

I hope they stick to it and get healthier

>lifting for 4 months
>still dyel
>people will think i'm a nyrfag

just kill me, kek

good thing I'll look like I lift by december next year though

>tfw you got a oil job in the middle of nowhere
>tfw you got a set of two 50kg oly dumbells from santa
>tfw you may never see another new years fag again

>What is Veeky Forums

>more bros and brahs
Neck yourself.

>People who are fat need a dietitian and a psychologist, not a gym and/or a trainer
if they want to end up skinny fat yeah.

Last year was surprisingly fine

Dont forget
>People received gym memberships for christmas

This. 90% will be gone in 2 week. The remaining 5% in 4. Then there will be 5% left after 3 months. These are those who will make it and you don't know who that is, so be helpful and respectful to the newbies. Make sure to tell them if they break the rules, but don't be a dick. They might be a fellow sikkunt one day.

Most people that complain about NYRs are neither big, nor strong.

>tfw Sheiko skills test first week of the new year

Gonna be squatting 500+, deadlifting 550+, and benching 300+.

Get the fuck out of my gym normies.

>All they do is take up space and make the place overly crowded and devoid of oxygen
THEY PAY FOR MOST OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP YOU TARD
if they wouldn't show up every year and buy memberships and then stop showing up the price per membership would go waay up in month most of them will be gone in 2 month evrything will be back to normal and newyear fags will continoue to subsidize your memebrship for a year

>squatting 150kg working set
>everyone looks at me like I'm squatting 800kg

can't they just fuck off holy shit
at least don't stare at me, I also don't stare at you fat fucks

What gym do you go to?

>befriending weaklings that WILL stop within a month
Why