I've been researching bitcoin for a few weeks now and was planning on buying $5k worth...

I've been researching bitcoin for a few weeks now and was planning on buying $5k worth, but now with the hard forks coming up I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do

Should I buy btc now so when the split happens I get free btcgold/segwit2x? Or should I buy after the split since lots of people are predicting a dip?

Buy now

Price in a year = profit

after the split

this split could actually kill btc

You're are too dumb to time the market. Do you think Bitcoin has a long term future? Then buy now.

Bitgold will be worth a little bit, but not much. The idea that it's causing the current pump is fake news.

B2X is iffier. I think it's a shitcoin and will ultimately fail like bcash, but it will probably trade high initially.

If I were you, I'd get in before the fork at least partially and then find an entry a month or so later after drama.

Then just hold and don't fucking touch altcoins.

When's the split?

Bitcoin seems like a freaking meme. I want to buy some, but I also don't want to lose all of my money because everyone realizes it's a fucking meme.

the btcgold snapshot already was made weeks before, sheeps buying it now for btcgold will not get some and it is crap anyway.
this shit will undermine the confidence in crypto, so you will have a nice dip where you can buy BTC cheaper than now.

dont listen to this shit head. every btc millionare started in 2009. every altcoin millionare started whenever. btc is by far the shittesr of shitcoins in every aspect except market cap

If you think bitcoin is a meme, you don't deserve to own any.

If you think it's a meme, I guarantee you have not done any research on it.

You shouldn't buy it if you haven't done the research though.

You dont think its an elaborate scam by the chinese? They make a fork so they can shake off the weak hands and then they make the weak hands buy back in at a higher price. Its an asian technique that Lead Dr. Satoshi Nakamoto for the division of Defence in China made to "Enslave the West with Finance."

its a learning tool, its like a speculative bubble simulator 101

if you miss it theres like a fuckton of other ways to make money and this isnt a once in a lifetime oppurtunity theres an economic bubble to exploit every 2-3 years

Altcoin bagholder? Got it.

man fuck all these faggots coming out of the wood work. you can't sleep without a jew sticking his nose in your ass crack.

I shaved my cock n balls today so it's extra comfy when I have a wank and watch Bitcoin go to the moon while alts just stagnate n become irrelevant

Honestly op it Wotan matter I bought in at the all time high In august at 4,800 because of FOMO

I was a rookie and new to trading.

I felt so stupid to my whole family. I sold my escapade and put it all in bitcoin. 30k worth

I felt like shit that whole month

Now I don't feel so bad

Just buy it now

Buy now

In two months it won't matter

But now

It's so freaking volatile though. What are you going to do if it plummets to $2,000?

It will never reach 2000 again.
There's too many people waiting for it to dip to get in.
Shit, if it ever dip below 3000, i would squeeze any amount of fiat i can from anything i own to buy more.

in terms of price action crypto is the largest bubble in human history

So, realistic predictions for post split?

I know I fucked up this time. Dumbass lazy for not buying the last dip.

I'm thinkin pick some up at 4k then more at 3500 if it drops that far?

It's a fad. It isn't legal tender. It will go back to 250 within 40 years.

After the split BTC prices will come crashing down.

That's when you buy.

When is the hardfork scheduled?

btc gold on oct 25, segwit sometime in november

just buy and hold you fucking retards you guys are over thinking it trying to time a $500 dip.

Bitcoin is going to $25k easy!

Just buy and hold and try not to get caught up on the little things jesus christ.

It's just that I don't have much disposable income, and a $500 dip could let me afford two btc instead of one (as a general example), which is the difference between $25k and $50k down the road which is pretty significant. Tbf I'm not formally educated in economics so maybe I'm wrong but it seems right