How do you activate your pecs during a bench press?

how do you activate your pecs during a bench press?

Other urls found in this thread:

bodyrecomposition.com/training/benching-with-the-pecs.html/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's impossible to explain.
I rember when I was starting and had a personal trainer he would yell
> ACTIVATE YOUR PECKS
> lol wut how
> ACTIVATE THEM
> Nigga how
> JUST SQUEEZE THEM OR SOMETHING

Samefag.
After lifting for a few months you will kinda just feel it and be able to flex them.

think about bringing your humerus across your body

Just like your almonds.

I fucking hated when my trainer would do this, he would always scream "Activate your glutes" and I had no idea what the fuck he meant, it took me about 2 weeks to realize he just meant flex them.

>activate your pecs
I never had this issue. It just works. I always feel sore in my chest after a set of bench.

Massage your nipples it'll increase blood flow so you can squeeze your titties

Imagine you're holding a pencil with your back

Do you even know what "samefag" means, newfriend?

I don't think you understand that I was continuing my post and wanted to make sure it is obvious.
Didn't feel like writing "cont" so I wrote that. So yeah I am the "same fag" that posted the other post.

Don't worry. You will learn some of the advanced stuff you can do on week 2. Like making your own decisions.

fuck pecs, ACTIVATE YOUR ALMONDS

bodyrecomposition.com/training/benching-with-the-pecs.html/

if you have a disadvantageous build for bench press (long as fuck arms), try moving to an incline or decline, and perhaps switching to dumbbells for better ROM.

once you get your pecs activating properly (i'd give it a few sessions), add in some flyes or pec deck as 'insurance volume'. it won't hurt your progression, and if your body doesn't like em, drop em.

this, as explained in the article

The way I like to think about it is less about pressing the weight up and more about trying to touch the insides of my elbows together. Obviously you still have to be conscious of how you're pressing it but that always helped me.

200mg of test prior to lifting for full activation

>samefag
is this cunt fucked or trolling lmao

I have the same issue, the best thing I've found is doing a real good set of flies before benching. This will make them sore as shit and much easier to feel if what youre doing is activating them or not.

Also not exactly related but I've never had issues activating chest when dumbell benching. I'm assuming youre talking barbell here.

Touch your chest with the bar each rep

This, I find incline really helps me because I have a huge wingspan. Flat bench I feel more in my front delts and triceps, but incline really helps me hit my chest. A gym buddy of mine always told me too, "lead with your elbows not your wrists", so just try and make your elbow the first joint that moves in a lift.

fucking tuck yo shoulder blades in.

ur still in the wrong lol. u dont call for samefag as urself u use it to call out others u autismo

I bench with a slight arch in my back and keep my shoulder blades pulled together.

When I push the bar I try to imagine I am pushing that arch down while keeping my shoulders in place.

I almost always get sore in my chest when I do this, if I dont do it I just feel nothing the next day.

On the topic of benching whenever I do dumbell bench press it feel like my front left shoulder part/outter pec part always feels like giving out compared to my right is something wrong I don't feel it as much when benching. FYI when I bench one side doesn't overcome the other pretty stable. Something wrong with my left pec or shoulder idk need help.

Nice try samefag

>22 posters
>24 replies

Nice try again, butt these facts dont work on me samefag

use your hamon breathing to active overdrive

honestly this is what I do

what

drop bench press and do band push ups instead.

Do bench plus incline dumbell chest flys.

Pull your back together. Retract shoulder blades. Widen your grip. Use full RoM.

Wider grip.
Slight arched back.
Bring it down to your nipples. Don't bounce.

SUNLIGHTU YELLOW

OVERDRIVEUUUUUUUUU

I started doing incline dumbell bench press to feel my pecs, and then took the technique over the regular barbell.

However what helped me the most with chest development was dumbell incline bench press, Flyes and push ups.

i have a 72-74 inch wingspan and always struggled with pec development in bench press over tricep/delt activation

what i started doing was a real deep incline barbell bench press, akin to what you saw during the golden era of bb. i folllowed two rules: bring the barbell down to right below the collar bone, and full extension

best excercise ever

Pull your elbows toward eachother

the same way u activate your almonds

HAHAHAHAHHAAHAKEKEKEKEKEKEKEEKKEEKEKEKEELMAOOOOOOOO XDDDDDDDDDD: /thread

(50x gold 10 million upvotes)