Who here gymnast rings?

I only use Barbells for lower body.
I only use rings + dip belt+Weight vest for upper.
This is the best way to train.
Prove me wrong.

You can't get big traps or shoulders this way.
>inb4 b-but gymnasts
They're on gear, faggot. Do your face pulls, lateral raises and deadlifts/shrugs.

Post pictures of your body.

Train for what?

Hanstand pushups & weighted pike pushups for shoulders. Deads are enough for traps. Band face pulls are part of my shoulder Re/Prehab routine.

I just got into it. I've been doing The Art of Manliness beginner routine. I couple it up with an Olympic Weightlifting program. Do you do weighted ring work? that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Then you're set.

Aesthetics and """"""""""""functional"""""""""""" strength.

Weighted ring pullups are fine.
I'm extremely careful with weighted ring dips and only progress in weight if I can easily do 12 reps.
Slapping on a weighted vest allows for easy loading of ring rows and pushups. If you're careful and have good straps it's safe.

Not OP. I've been doing weighted ring dips 2 times a week for a couple of weeks now and am now doing 25kg added ring dips for reps (I need to buy new weights). As long as you've built the necessary stability (I didn't start adding weight until I could do at least 15 ring dips with beautiful form) it's really not dangerous.

So you're not training, you're working out.

>powerlifting is the only sport in existence
>gymnasts are not training
I know you have a mental illness, but you can't be this retarded.

if you say so OP. but you'll need to post pics instead of shitposting.

I see, thanks. Currently I can only do 5 ring dips. I'll look to add some weight once I get more stable. Is there any type of progression chart for ring movements?

>One arm chins
>Planche
>Push ups
>OHP
>Deadlift
>Ab wheel

Ez and clean

I didn't do this myself but I've read getting in an L position with your legs, is going to make the movement harder to stabilize which might help you end up having better stability in the normal dip. Since you don't add weight, it's not a part of progressive overload though, view it as an assistance.

Not sure my friend. I went like this for dips before adding weight
>Ring dips
>Archer ring dips
>Bulgarian ring dips
>Ring turned out dips
Then I started adding weight although I'm sure there are other progressions.

>dat little butt lift off
Lucky the judges didn't see it.

He isn't training for gymnastics though.

If someone does bodybuilding style training and doesn't compete does that mean they don't train?

>15 ring dips with beautiful form
oh man... can we have a video please or picture of you body or whatever ?

Just because he isn't competing doesn't mean he's not doing gymnastics. Are you just here to shitpost? Back to your fat powerlifting buddies.

You're limited by neglecting weights for the upper body.

It is a very effective way to train, no doubt, but why anyone would go out of their way to avoid weights is beyond me.

If it helps you hit your goals, use it.

I'd very much like to incorporate bodyweight movements into my routine (Texas method) as I want to get my joocy handstand and l sit back up and would like to be able to do levers and press to handstands etc but I've never found any trustable material on how to do this optimally. Maybe I should just try it out.

Still looking like ass tbqh

>This is the best way to train.
>Prove me wrong.

so his results should be superior to the best of CBT threads. and yet he hasn't posted pics of his body. i do gymnastics work too. no salty here. OP just wants to shitpost

Yes training implies a goal. If you're training for bodybuilding that means you're training to compete in bodybuilding.
If you're training for powerlifting, you're training to compete in powerlifting.

Saying "I train for powerlifting. Yeah I just wanna look good." is nonsense.

Doing and training are two different things.

I wouldn't expect you guys to understand though, most of you haven't really trained for anything.

Are you the OP of this thread?

>Yes training implies a goal
So if my goal is to do a 100lbs added ring dip and I'm dedicating my workouts to reaching that goal am I not training?

He is not.

Nope, the dude with the 15 ring dips and 25kg added ring dips for reps.

OK. Good.

Were you trying to call me out on e-stating? kek

Yes, that is training (but not for gymnastics).

That's why I asked OP what is he training for.
To which he answer he "just wants to look good and be generally strong".
Which means he's not training, but only exercising/working out.
And thus his sentence that "this is the best way to train" is meaningless.

It wasn't me who said that.

No. I just wanted to make sure the OP of the thread posting "the best way to train" didn't also have that body. It's not terrible, it's just not the epitome of what a lot of people want to look like.,

>it's just not the epitome of what a lot of people want to look like
True, I'm also not happy with what I look like right now but I'm getting there.

Why do you people do weighted ring dips? Why not just do harder dip variations and use weight for regular dips? Its far safer.

What happens once the hardest progression becomes easy?

I don't have bars but I do have rings, so that's my reason.

This too.

You will still be adding weight to your regular dips.

IMO, aesthetics follow strength if you maintain a decent diet.

People saying they want to "train for aesthetics" are just looking for an easy way out.

It's all the same, you just have to pick the exercises to get there.

Rings are for girls, pommel horse is for real men.

Yep.

Unless by aesthetics they mean competitive bodybuilding in the "male aesthetics" category (or whatever it's called).

That's it. You've made it. Rumour has it you achieve a higher level of existence but I don't know about that

you're an idiot and by your own words, OP is training to look good and be generally strong. that is a goal that he works towards.

have fun with your hormones bruh, leave the lifting and thinking to men.

how is the easier apparatus more manly?

>OP is training to look good and be generally strong

That's not really a goal. He's just exercising and waiting until he looks fit. That's not training.

Training is when you have a specific long-term goal in mind, and you carefully plan or have a coach plan you a specifically designed guide, program, routine, etc.

Training generally implies a sport or competition, a challenge which you have to overcome. And thus you need to train.
Doesn't mean you can only train if you're competitive, though.
You can train alone in your homegym, with the goal of being as strong as you can in the overhead press, the squat, and the bench. You have a plan, a program that's not about what you do from monday to friday, but what you're gonna do for 1, 2, 3, 6 months even.
You're not just doing 3 sets of this 3 sets of that. You have it specifically designed to achieve your goal as fast as you can, 3 sets of 3 at 85%, 5 sets of 2 at 80%, 5 sets of 5 at 75%, 2 sets of 1 at 90%...
And you do everything you need to do outside of the weight room. You lose or gain weight to fit a weightclass, you change your diet in order to watercut, you focus on having enough nutrition from your meals, on sleeping enough, on massaging with foam rollers, doing prehab exercises to avoid injury, you record your lifts so you can check your form, or you train your technique, etc...

"I just wanna look good and be fit" is not training in any way. It's exercising.

>Training is when you have a specific long-term goal in mind
like looking good and being strong?

General aesthetics, not professional level.

That's why beginner programs are important. They get you in the habit of recording and managing a workout.

From there you're meant to develop on your own

Not specific enough.

You need to be able to deconstruct it to short term goals with both periodic benchmarks and a program template.

If you can't say where you're going to be and how you're going to get there from workout to workout, then O wouldn't call it training.

It implies a level of structure and understanding.

is this your case?

i dont think anyone is capable of holding the hardest gymnastic exercises for more than few seconds
i can assure you without being reincarnated into genetically superior body, training and eating steroids since age 4 every day for 20 years youll never hold them for even second

I was talking strictly about dip variations if you bothered to read the post the post I was replying to you'd know that.