/QTDDTOT/

/QTDDTOT/
prev thread Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/complete-power-look-program
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Home for the holidays and there's only junk food.
Thinking I'm just gonna buy 2.5lbs of whey and a bunch of nutrition bars to get me through.

Fatty on a diet here, what happens if I get my 1500kcal in turkey meat everyday?

you'll lose weight

At least throw some fucking spinach in the mix or something, probably going to get the fucking shits lol

30 minutes of cardio, what's the best type of cardio for fat burning on a treadmill?

how do i get a chest like chad and adam's abs for a shirtless selfie?
doing cardio everyday and pushups, dips, sitting leg raises, bicycle crunches. what else?

Any opinions on this routine? Coming from Canditos linear program, feel like Squats and deadlifts on the same day are a bit too much.

t-nation.com/training/complete-power-look-program

Best rep scheme to get up bench and squat?

I work on both (not same day) 2-3 times a week doing 6-7 sets of 3-5 reps depending on how I feel and can see some progress. Keep doing?

Currently doing Greyskull Linear Progression and I plan on adding fasted walking to my routine but I am unsure how many times a week i should do it and for how long/at what speed? I was planning to do it for 20mins or so at around 6mph on lifting days first thing then do weight training in the evening. Does this sound OK? Is there a guideline or is it down to personal goals? I know he recommends it in the book but I don't own a copy and don't know exactly what he says

To make it quick:

>be horribly fat girl, weighing in at 104kg in May
>decide to lose weight before starting university
>get to 96kg by drinking more water and cutting out chocolate
>since september, am down to 87kg just by being at uni and eating no white bread (still reward myself with cake, just one piece now instead of half the cake)
>so far, so good. however, not too much change visible in the mirror since i am still obese
>talk to another female friend about my weightloss and that I feel happy about it and wanna continue, ask her if she'd work out with me since she searches for a gym buddy
>she is completely negative towards my weightloss
>'you must be starving yourself'
>no I just walk more and eat less sweets and bread
>'this seems really unhealthy anonette, i have anorexic friends and they started out like that too'
>tell her that if you're obese, you lose waterweight and some fat rather quickly, then progress slows down
>'omg but that's just too unhealthy!!'

Is this kind of behaviour normal? I didn't expect this :(
Also is it true you tend to see progress as you slim down more and more? So far I've only lost one pant size.

What's the best way of losing fat quickly? What's the lowest in calories I should go?

I lift and keep track of calories, and everything is going good except for the retarded fat on my thighs that never goes away despite months of cutting at a time. Cutting for so long always leaves me so fucking drained. Every gram of fat goes away except for on my legs. After Christmas I now want to just start a cut and go until my legs finally thin out like pic related.

I understand my strength will be compromised and I'll feel like shit. But I'm tired of having chubby legs.

How do I go about this without killing myself and my reproductive system, in the quickest way possible?

I was thinking of doing Lyle McDonald's SFP 2x a week and eating 500kcal under maintenance, but that's what I did during my cut and it didn't work. :(

I ate 5500cal on x-mas on a slow bulk of 2300. Wat do?

How should I train while cutting? High reps or Low reps or both? Also can I follow 5/3/1 while cutting?

Eat little the following day, then pretend it didn't happen and carry on as usual. A one day binge won't do anything.

great job so far
I think she's just jelly and scared she might lose her cuckquean

lose 2kg per month wich equals 1lb per week wich is around a 500 cal deficit. but watching your weight is more important than watching your calories

diet doesn't affect routine. tip for 5/3/1: read 5/3/1 beyond

and some veggies

Eat a little as in eat at maintenance, or eat as if I were cutting/PSMF for one day?

30 min of normal running

make sure you always more than 25 min

As in cutting. I usually eat 500kcal less the day after. once I binged so hard I just didn't eat the following day. But that's a bad habit to get into. It's best to just eat lightly today and get back on track

>He doesn't do barbell training

What's better between:
Texas Method
5/3/1
Candito's 6 weeks

Should I also do cardio today, or will that hinder my gains? I've been having a hard time progressing on my OHP recently. Thanks.

Why do you even compare those. Texas method is intermediate and 531 is advanced. The former is weekly progression and the latter is monthly. Not at all comparable

This is truly awful advice lmao if you don't know what you're talking about then shut up

Is back angle angle a meme? Should I squat with a straight back even if I do low bar?

ok in general I'd say texas method. but you have to read practical programming and understand everything he writes and then do your own texas method variation depending on your level and your goals which means a lot of try and error

for 5/3/1 it is necessary to read 5/3/1 beyond, then best do pic related (a quote from the book) for a year. you will make sick gains without having to think much for yourself

then c6w pushes you more into powerlifting. I always loved the pump from the upper body workout but I don't think it is on the same level as the other two. and the deadlift variations suck. and of course not enough ohp

how many times can I train per week as a natty

this is not an argument

You can if you want to, it'll help with getting rid of the water weight.

Honestly your lifts might feel a bit off in the next few days as overeating messes your body up for a bit. Some people feel stronger, I always feel weaker. Do your best to carry on as normal this week, and by next week all should be back to how it was before.

What training are you doing? How long have you been training?

gym, i've been training for about 1,5 years

>be me
>at gym
cont. ?

do i have to stick to a certain setsxreps for all my exercises, or could i have different setups for them? like 5x5 bench and 3x8-12 abs?

At what point should one invest in wearing a lifting belt?

including pic for more feedback and might as well throw in another few questions

I'm 75kg and 5'4 and I'm looking to drop another 15kg or so. Started lifting a month months ago but only got serious yesterday because I have money invested in gym equipment now. Will I still get good strength gains at a 500-1000 caloric deficit each day? Will my muscles get bigger while the fat burns off?

Current stats for anyone who wants to laugh

deadlift 3x5x52.5kg (can lift 60kg1rep)
squat 3x5x35kg
press (overhead press) 3x5x12.5kg

I'm also doing bent over barbell rows and will probaby incorporate barbell curls and shrugs.

side questions:

does a receding hairline like this (yes pic is me) develop further into full baldness? I've never seen the process of balding.

What's the arm angle for chinups meant to be? If the angle becomes greater that 120 degrees I can't do a single rep. Also I can't do a single chinup even though I've been training with the lateral pulldown machine at gym (which I don't have access to come January).

Will strengthening forearms make me more or less insecure about my tiny hands and skinny wrists?

Also feel free to give me abuse over manlet wristlet handlet and general pathetic appearance because I'm already numb.

Also anyone got opinions on keto? Pretty much read what Veeky Forums had to say multiple times but might as well throw it in. What bothers me is the the only good food like steaks costs way to much to be having every day, not a fan of bacon. Sausages would be great forif I wanted to go keto but they have too many carbs. Last time I tried I ended up just drinking cream because it was the only thing other than eggs and chicken I could eat all the time.

Well if you've been consistently training in for 1.5 yrs, that's longer than me, so I can't really give you advice.

I've gotten to know bodybuilders, power lifters, and oli lifters and they train anywhere from 4-6 days a week. I only train times a week because I'm on SS

What is the best way to learn my body fat percentage?

count it

tfw you're so fucked not even Veeky Forums's willing to make fun of you

The cool thing about being new to lifting is that you'll make strength gains just by lifting alone. I wouldn't go past a 500 cal deficit, but that's just because I would feel hungry. If you can do that, more power to you, but as you get more and more Veeky Forums you probably will never have that much of a cut.

I personally think Keto is a meme. Count calories and track protein.

you keep the weight as in line as possible to the arches of your feet.

Working out more, less or the same on a cut ?

On Veeky Forums's GSLP. Should I do the plug-ins that the book mentions, or leave them out? I've been on the routine for a month and haven't done them yet. Currently on a slow bulk.

So greyskull is basically SS with accessory work and last sets going to failure?

I've read on here that SS will leave your body lopsided so i guess i will give Greyskull a try so i can do some accesories.

What accessories are best for what day? Should i do curls on benchpress day or on ohp day?

are dips + tricep pushdowns enough for triceps or should i also have skullcrushers?

i workout as much, but usually not as heavy since i take smaller rest period

I'm trying to lose weight

if I eat 250g baked chicken breast, 125g brown rice and 3 tomatos and 2 carrots a day will I have to take any suplements to my diet?

Girls are catty. They don't like when other girls get fit because it shows how easy it is. As you make progress, you'll lose "friends", but the ones that stick around are your real friends anyway. Tell her to fuck off. That's what I did.

wtf kid of diet is that. that's so little calories. clearly unsustainable as a diet.

you didnt read the sticky, right?

Would curls fit into Phrak's Greyskull LP? i.e. would you just do 3x5 with the last set being AMRAP?

believe me, i want to but i don't have access to a gym atm.

my gut feels hollow, like even if I were to cut there wouldn't be any muscle underneath.

just an empty fat storage vessel

mostly in the lower part, i feel like I have good upper middle abs, but nothing in the lower area

it's 943 cal and since I can't work out due to having had an knee operation a few months ago I have to drasticly lower my calory intake if I plan to be less of a fatass

The entire point of Greyskull LP is to customize the program to your own needs. Phrak is a faggot. Don't do isolations in a 3x5 scheme.

Does anyone else here buy their food on a day to day budget?

I am moving out alone soon and I have a budget of £120 per month which is like £3.80 per day. I think it would be easy enough to get my 1800 calories on that.

I got very fat from Binge Eating Disorder, so I don't trust myself to have food in an empty apartment with just me. The last time I had the current house to myself, I binge ate 2 family size biscuit boxes, 18 eggs and a cake my mother had baked for my sick sister (they were picking her from the hospital, the cake was in the shape of a beautiful bald girl because my sister had attempted suicide when bullies shaved her head)

Will this work? I fail to see major drawbacks.

>sub 1000cal diet

lmao. cmon son

what weights can I put in this? pockets too small for plates. I was thinking some small metal balls but I don't know if you can buy those. Feel like there's probably some industrial product used in construction or something that I could use but I don't know what they'd be called.

Any ideas? Thought of sand but really I'd want to load this with 25-50kg so sand wouldn't be dense enough. Plus it would be messy.

you didn't actually buy this right?

fix your mental problems first

please for the love of god eat more, it isn't a race

it's enough

it's been sitting by the front door for 3 months.

It's actually a pretty good idea because I can wear this outside for walking and running.

>a cake my mother had baked for my sick sister (they were picking her from the hospital, the cake was in the shape of a beautiful bald girl because my sister had attempted suicide when bullies shaved her head)
You're disgusting. You fat fuck, you don't have binge eating disorder, you just lack willpower. I thought I had B.E.D. b/c I could eat 6000cal in one sitting, but I realized it was because I didn't have the discipline to stop when I knew I should. If you're such a fatty that you eat your sick sister's cake, you deserve to stay fat.

Fat shit. Gonna post this is a FPH thread, bye. You don't have the fortitude to make it. Zyzz was wrong.

The back angle in the squat is determined by the center of mass of the bar-lifter system relative to the middle of the foot. In a low bar squat, the back must be at an angle to keep the bar (which becomes the center of mass as the weights get heavy) over mid foot.

In all bar loaded squat forms, the back angle should be relatively static throughout the movement.

Good bait. I'm gonna bite this one, but won't binge it.

Should I workout in the winter?

My weights are in the garage and it gets very cold

There a lot of broscience in GSLP and fasted cardio is one of them. It's bullshit

Whenever I am running after like 10 minutes my front calves hurt like motherfuckers and I need to stop. What could this be? I am not fat by the way

Sounds like shin splints. Take a break from running until they go away

> 5'4"

No, I've had shin splints before and I am sure this time it isn't. It's hurting on the outside muscle, I think it's called extensor digitorum longus.

It started hurting since I've been doing a lot of calf raises, could it be a pulled muscle?

you can do pretty much whatever you want 5x5 is standard for barbell compounds and 3x8-12 for accessories

Go to a movie alone Veeky Forums

Yes or no?

How to become flexible?

They are there if you want to use them
>What accessories are best for what day?
Best for what? Accessories are there to fill gaps, everything you do in the gym should have a purpose. Chin ups are a good accessory for building the back and grip strength for the deadlift,
>Should i do curls on benchpress day or on ohp day?
Both exactly as the program states

No

How do I look as lean/good as possible by New Years? Just got invited to a party where there'lol be swimming

No carbs until New Years, eat a lot of salty food the day before to deplete water

Currently doing a 5 day a week begginer routine, each day focusing on 1 major muscle group.

Mon - Chest,
Tues - Back,
Wed- Shoulder,
Thurs- Arms,
Fri- Legs and abs.

Each day has 1 major compound movement + supplement exercises. Seeing modest gains but could be better. Somone said to stick to major compounds only to wreck your nervous system and force growth.

If I was to do SS on Mon - Wed - Fri, what could I do on Tuesday/ Thursday if I still wanted to lift on those days? Cardio? Arms?

Cheers.

Is there another way to increase body hair than hopping on gear? I'm 20 but have literally zero chest hair, and facial hair of a heroin junkie. Have given up all hope to get anything naturally.

If so, what would increase hair the most?

Does anyone have an sprint training material? I was one of the fastest in my year and then I got fat. But I've lost a lot of weight this year and would like to try and get back to it.

>They are there if you want to use them
Yes, but will they help/hinder my progress and lifts? Will they make a large difference in aesthetics?

>t started hurting since I've been doing a lot of calf raises, could it be a pulled muscle?
no its probably just fatigued

yes

You're the drawback. If you're that weak, do you think you will be able to keep your weight off once you start living a normal life (like having a GF or going out with friends)? If you need to keep all the food out of your house just so you don't eat it, you might as well not diet since you'll go back to being fat within a year.

I´m 53kg and 5´7, what should i do to gain weight?
I am a man

The GSLP book has several GSLP variations with curls

My left lat hurts like fuck when I bench. I'm considering switching up and trying incline bench instead. Is this a good idea? I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with my lat btw, it's just sore asf when I compress my shoulders.

Chinups/pullups. You really can't do too many of them. They're great for arms too.

Eat more and lift more it's not rocket science

lift weights, maintain a calorie and protein surplus
lots of people recommend starting strength and other 5x5 beginner programs

I've never been to the movies and noticed someone who was alone. So go for it

Can someone give me advice on goal setting for running? Like with weight lifting its obvious that adding more on the bar is great, and when you start out 2.5kg/5lbs every session is great, and you can long term goals such as 1/2/3/4.

But with running I haven't got a clue. I've not done much cardio in the last 6 months, and before that it was sport so it was never a case of going out and doing a 5k where I am conscious of my time.

What is a good time for a mile, for example?

ok... so will they help or hinder?

Missing a gym day and i havent missed one for months, fuck gym holiday schedules..... its monday too so if i go on wed i would have not exercised for 4 days, help me fit.... i can feel my muscles getting atrophied right now... give me a routine i can do at my home.

1xf noose ties

4minute per km is pretty good

So my fucking OHP has been stuck at 32.5kg for a couple of weeks now but my bench is still progressing (got 45kg for 5x5 last week, going for 47.5kg on wednesday), does this mean my OHP will progress alongside my bench? At first it was my bench that was stuck, and I had to increase my OHP to get my bench up, but now it's the opposite. Why is this happening? Diet and sleep are both on point, but note that I always train fasted and I've had people here tell me that training fasted has a big effect on your strength levels. I'm going to start drinking fruit smoothies before I hit the gym, is this good enough?

broadly speaking they will help but...
It depends what exercises you do, how much of them you do sets x reps, how heavy %1rm, how frequently and what you mean by help (strength, aesthetics, etc). Also depends on individual differences, like weak points, leverages, injuries, inflexibility how big you want certain muscles to be etc
Realistically if you have enough energy to do loads of assistance work you were probably better off going harder on your primary lifts.

Does pic related mean I can replace a PPL with a full body e.g. do PPL for 3 days, rest, then full body for 3 days and repeat?

is it normal not to feel a chest pump when doing bench press? i tried all the 'squeeze your pecs at the top' and 'retract your shoulder blade' memes. im doing 4x6 and i cant feel shit.