Squats favor manlets and diddlys favor lanklets. Is it true Veeky Forums?

Squats favor manlets and diddlys favor lanklets. Is it true Veeky Forums?

>Think squat
>deep deep

manlets have shorter moment arms for pretty much everything
manlets are better at lifting

there are dwarves lifting 7-8 times their bodyweight

>there are dwarves lifting 7-8 times their bodyweight
Yes, but all of them can't diddy for shit.
Andrzej Stanaszek deadlifted less than he benched.

Actually user, it's

>Think Squat
>Deep Deeper

this

the penalty for being tall is that your lifts are just harder by default, everything you do has a longer ROM

i don't know how diddlys would ever favor lanklets tbqh, can someone explain? unless you were a literal midget, the difficulty of DLs scales pretty much directly with the ratio of arm length: leg length.

>ok got
>I you

Not exactly. The proportions to have a strong deadlift are usually found in tall people. The proportions for a strong squat are usually found in short people.

Who /longlegsshorttorso/? I've heard high bar squats suit me better and that I should be doing sumo deadlifts. Recently switched over to high bar and it does feel better than low bar. But there's no way I'm switching over to sumo and look like a fag

it scales directly with torso:arm length

Us manlets are the master race, see Sergey Fedosienko.

Seeing as i can pull 385, but can hardly squat 225x1
Yeah, id say so
6'4 here

you aren't trying hard enough lankbro

Here. I know high bar might be better suited for me in theory but I personally like low bar squats more. And I'll keep doing them even if people tell me they look like good mornings. I've also got ridiculously long arms and can't bench for shit because of it. I'll never be able to compete in lifting but it doesn't matter for me since I'm training for sports and there long limbs are an advantage for me even if my numbers at the gym might be a bit lower.

squats for short femur
deadlifts for long arms

here is a (you)

>i don't know how diddlys would ever favor lanklets tbqh, can someone explain?
Tall people usually have longer arms/legs compared to torso. And manlets have smaller hands(grip problems). So lanklets get better proportions for pulling huge weights.

>mfw people keep telling me my hips are too high when I deadlift

when will manlets learn?

But short armed manlets are the ones with the high hips. Lanklets with long arms are naturally going to be more upright.

taller guys produce more mechanical tension in the muscle per kilogram lifted, which is why they'll always smash smaller guys in a toe to toe figth

its also the reason why you have weight divisions in one on one contact sports

Both favor shorter persons as far as progress goes, however from what i understand the upper limit is held for taller guys with solid proportions, simply because you can pack on more weight.

Eddie hall and Brian Shaw are 6'3" and 6'8" with god tier proportions for dead lifting. (Eddie>Brian)
The heaviest squat was done by a guy who is also 6'2" or something.

Pic related: his shins are already almost perfectly perpendicular and entire posterior chain already in optimal position (no joints are noticeably in a negative position.

Did Sasha hook the barbell to the battery again?

that webum's funny as fuck

>Pic related: his shins are already almost perfectly perpendicular and entire posterior chain already in optimal position (no joints are noticeably in a negative position.
are you stupid? he's not pulling from anything close to that position

>Both favor shorter persons as far as progress goes
Not really. Taller is stronger, since taller people weigh more. If some 170cm midget weighs as much as a normal-sized 185cm man, the midget is going to be stronger since he has more room for muscle. But when you compare people of different height who are both at an appropriate weight, the taller guy is going to put on strength faster since he has more muscle mass.

you're forgetting that taller people generally have proportionally much longer legs

ding ding
also true

long limbs are shitty for squat and bench, good for deadlift

short limbs are good for bench and squat, not good for deadlift

Im a manlet and im bad at squats.

>which is why they'll always smash smaller guys in a toe to toe figth
Are you retarded? Did you forget how Nate got fucked up by an Irish manlet?

>tfw 6'1" long limbs short torso
>squats are still improving at 380 and deadlifts are stalling at 410

That guys legs Hahahaha I love watching this. Gets funnier every time

And did you forget that Nate wobbled McNugget with a straight left hand then tapped him out? being a lanklet or a manlet have there pros and cons, but generally speaking, a big good guy is better than a small good guy.

>which is why they'll always smash smaller guys in a toe to toe figth
>always

that's because you are quarter squatting

Dead 345, squat 225x3, i know that feel

6ft2 but really fucking long legs

6ft1 squat 295x5, dl 315x3.

We both can do way more, get good user!

Im 6'7

1 rep maxes 6 weeks ago:
190kg DL
102.5kg Bench
122.5kg Squat

As another user said the leverages for a good deadlift are usually found in tall people (long arms) and the leverages for a better squat/bench are found in shorter guys (short arms/legs/long torso).

Most taller guys will need a closer grip when benching compared to manlets and squatting ATG is harder, but still doable however your forward lean will usually be more noticeable so you must keep that in mind.

honestly just stop squatting unless your goal is powerlifting, it is not going to be an effective exercise for you

you will probably find this out eventually for yourself

your leverages must be so unbelievably fucked for that ratio of squat to deadlift to happen

t. also 6'4", 6 years training (squatting since day 1), 150lbs of difference between my squat and deadlift

my squat is also shit cause long legs + shattered patella when i was younger so it hurts like a bitch if i go atg

so i started doing box squats - there i can go a bit heavier, and for more reps+lighter weight i do lunges
working good so far

I have long ass arms too

I do high bar squats because they are comfortable and I do sumo deadlifts because I'm not worried about random gymrats' opinions lol... Nobody wiill care m8.

dat muscle imbalance

his left left looking strong and ready while his right leg is shaking the entire time

wtf

5'11
405 dl
270 squat

whyyyyyyyy

Works this way for me anyway
6,2" with long arms and legs, short torso
DL over 200kg
Squat only like 130kg with proper rom

It's not muscle imbalance desu, pretty much all the weight is one side of his body which causes it to overcompensate

You need to focus on ankle flexibility. Do this before your next squat:

>load up bar to 135lb
>rack it in front squat position
>unrack it down to your thighs
>go into a squat but position the bar so it rests on the crest of your knee

This will force your ankles to open up nicely if you're doing it right. Wish someone told me about this years ago. Enjoy.

>6'3"
>LONG legs, long arms, short torso
>buttwink on squats and conventional deadlift
Highly recommend anyone built like this to try out squat stance deadlift, far less lower back pain on deads

>thinking 6'3" is tall

> thinking height is the reason he can't deadlift

shiggy

Not necessarily. It is more to do with relative limb/torso length and moment arms.

I'm 6'2 with a 200kg squat and 230kg DL.

I realize stretching and mobility would probably solve the issue, but the squat stance dl feels a lot more comfortable for my build, and I wanted to help out people who may have a similar problem

Also 6'4".
Squatting is harder, sure. But that shouldn't stop you. 225 is what I do for mid-reps.

But I've never DL'd more than 365. Form isn't good enough...

5'11''

5 pl sqt x 3
3.5 dl x 3