Thoughts on eggs? How many of them do you eat per day?

Thoughts on eggs? How many of them do you eat per day?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RtGf2FuzKo4
anabolicmen.com/cholesterol-and-testosterone-levels/
youtube.com/watch?v=Lbw66b5Glwo
ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf
nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199103283241306#t=article
nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000082000000000000000.html
blog.aicr.org/2015/10/09/study-vegetarian-meatloaf-just-as-satisfying-and-a-bonus-for-cancer-prevention/
nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-cholesterol-level/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminder that according to the FDA eggs are not to considered healthy, nutritious or even save.
youtube.com/watch?v=RtGf2FuzKo4

Really makes you think.
Though, natty lads aren't great thinkers.

Basically they know that eggs are one of nature's life hacks. Someone could eat 5 eggs a day and sustain themselves. It would destroy the food industry if this was known.

Yes of course. It's a big conspiracy upheld by the government. /s

I used to eat a lot of them before realizing they had so much cholesterol, so I've recently switched to just egg whites. They still have a lot of protein and I can eat a ton of them

Why are you worried about cholesterol. There is no relationship between blood clotting cholesterol and dietary cholesterol. As long as you aren't eating a high salt diet, or if you are getting plenty of water, you'll be fine. If it is good enough to feed a chicken from one whole cell to chick it's good enough for you

Of course there's a relationship

35 obviously

Anything wrong with this?
I eat roughly 20 egg white every day. From carton though, I don't ever buy whole eggs.

Yeah - an insignificant one.

I ate 48 for a long time but now I eat 60.

I eat like 3 a day.

lol what bullshit is this ? Some government at some point in time legally defined what "nutritious" and "healthy" means in a comercial ads, and by those somewhat arbitrary legal definitions (not scientific) eggs are not nuritious or "healthy".

So what man ? By those definitions i'm pretty sure that the following things are not nutritious or healthy :
-oil
-butter
-sugar
-pure calcium
- pure vitamins
-salt
-water
etc

So maybe you should stop incorporating all those things in your diet huh ?

>Believing Dr. Goldstein

anabolicmen.com/cholesterol-and-testosterone-levels/

> By those definitions i'm pretty sure that the following things are not nutritious or healthy :

Aside from water, you got that all right

>So what man ? By those definitions i'm pretty sure that the following things are not nutritious or healthy :
>-oil
>-butter
Both not healthy and actually unhealthy
>-sugar
Are you out of your mind?
>-pure calcium
>-pure vitamins
Vitamin and mineral supplements are never as effective as eating food with said minerals and vitamins.
>-salt
Necessary for your body but since western diets typically overshoot the required daily amount easily it's not something you need to focus on deliberately consuming.

>when you're trying to make a point but you just prove the opposite

If you want to live a healthy life, the bulk of your diet should consist of plant based food. Animal products are there for your enjoyment (like desserts) and as a good source of protein. Do not delude yourself into thinking you're actually eating something healthy.

t. heart attack victim by 30

I'm doing keto and eat like 8 to 10 eggs daily , plus butter and olive oil and my cholesterol is fine

>oil is unhealthy

Oil is not unhealthy, eating for every meal 100ml of olive oil is unhealthy.

kinda just want to post this
youtube.com/watch?v=Lbw66b5Glwo

geez user, you must be built like a barge.

>Trusting the government

While eating a bunch of eggs seems to not greatly affect your cholesterol, maybe it would be different for the people here who eat like 6-8 eggs every morning. I think a good medium is a couple eggs every day, plus add in as much egg white as you want as a source of protein

If you're not vegan, you're doing it wrong

Enjoy your prostate cancer for eating more than 2.5 eggs a week.

I eat 4 a day. 1 with my oats in the am. 2, 2 hours after lunch, and one 2 hours after that. just hitting my macros and spacing it out because I get a big workout for 2 hours after lunch each day loading and unloading my truck. don't want to lose my muscles

goob get out

The drawings are nice, but the information is wrong.

When you eat cholesterol, your blood levels of cholesterol rise-- although the amount it rises may depend on what your background diet is.

ibcmt.com/2009-03-16-EffectsOfDietaryCholesterolOnSerumCholesterol-PaulHopkins.pdf

>88 year old man ate 25 eggs per day without any changes to his cholesterol and health

They misread (or misheard without looking for themself) this study. It's a case report of a man who ate 25 eggs a day for at least 15 years and had "normal" cholesterol. The study isn't an experiment seeing what his cholesterol was before and after. He had a TC of about 200, which would be considered normal, but an abnormal LDL (bad cholesterol) count of 141mg/dl. You also probably wouldn't consider him healthy-- he was diagnosed with Alzheimers and had been treated for angina (chest pains typically associated with heart disease).

nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199103283241306#t=article

Even if we ignored that, why mention 1 person as evidence for anything?

>Studies show eggs are safe... except for people pre-disposed to coronary heart disease

In observational studies egg yolk consumption is usually measured in small amounts like 1 egg a week, 2 eggs a week, etc up to 1 egg a day-- sometimes, but rarely, 2 eggs being the highest amount being measured. Depending on the study population and if the scientists didn't carefully design their study, the associations between eggs and disease outcomes can be lost and confounded by looking at such low intakes. The fact that even when looking at the effect of 1 or 2 eggs a week, that people with other CVD risk factors like diabetes show higher CVD rates with egg consumption suggests that eggs contribute to CVD risk, made more statistically apparent by looking at a more at-risk subgroup.

>eggs contain vitamins and minerals

So does every food. Fluff and marketing make them sound more impressive than they really are.

T. Gaston

Fucking moron

t. Gaston

>Calcium
2% of RDA. You'd need to eat 50 egg yolks or 9225mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Iron
2% of RDA. You'd need to eat 50 egg yolks or 9225mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Zinc
3% of RDA. You'd need to eat 34 egg yolks or 6273mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Phosphorous
9% of RDA. You'd need to eat 11 egg yolks or 2029.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Copper
0.7% of your RDA. You'd need to eat 143 egg yolks or 26383.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Manganese
0.002% of your RDA. You'd need to eat 50000 egg yolks or 9225000mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Thiamin
3% of RDA. You'd need to eat 34 egg yolks or 6273mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin B5
9% of RDA. You'd need to eat 11 egg yolks or 2029.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin B6
5% of RDA. You'd need to eat 20 egg yolks or 3690mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin B9
6% of RDA. You'd need to eat 17 egg yolks or 3136.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin B12
14% of RDA. You'd need to eat 7 egg yolks or 1291.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin A
4% of RDA. You'd need to eat 25 egg yolks or 4612.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin E
5% of RDA. You'd need to eat 20 egg yolks or 3690mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Vitamin D
>Vitamin K
0.1% of RDA. You'd need to eat 1000 egg yolks or 184500mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Omega 3
>Choline
20% of RDA. You'd need to eat 5 egg yolks or 922.5mg cholesterol to reach the RDA
>Leucine
nutritiondata.self.com/foods-000082000000000000000.html
Egg yolk isn't even in the top 100 sources.

This might make your realize how inane it is to eat eggs / egg yolks for their nutritional content.
1. THEY ARE NOT NUTRIENT DENSE
2. There are better sources for all of these nutrients
3. You're eating a shitton of cholesterol

Bump for people to see that eggs are not healthy.

>no hidden testicles in the pic

In German testicles are referred to as "Eier", so eggs. I always wondered why no other language does that. The similarities are stunning.

I don't know man. I used to eat 5-6 eggs a day (I don't anymore) and my bloodwork would come out perfect.

I do agree eggs do not have many micronutrients which is why I eat them sparingly and with vegetables.

How young were you? I'm 21 and eat around 30-60g of saturated fat every day on top of red meat pretty often. My cholesterol is in the lower normal range, but I don't think it's going to stay like that if I keep eating like this. I also eat a shitton of fiber so that might help.

Same

3 for breakfast. My mom (doctor) says theres a lot of cholesterol in them and i should take out at least one yolk since there is still a lot of protein in whites.

According to them you also need to base your meals on grains and sugar.

Its all lies

>Eating half an egg.
Do you stick the other half up your bum?

so to lower cholesterol you just have to work out ?

i hate eggs but am on GOMAD so i dont need eggs lol

Idiot. Can't even spell "safe".

about 1 ~ 11/2 dozen per week

I eat at least a case a day. Eggs are basically blood.

That's not an argument.

one of the best things you can add to your diet

/thread

6 but also with sardines to get that extra fishy goodness

>According to them you also need to base your meals on grains and sugar.
No, you're supposed to base your diet on what is the most nutrient dense foods on the earth: Fruits, nuts, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. What kind of fucking mental gymnastics does it take to come to the conclusion that basing your diet on stuff that is pretty much nutrient free like meat, dairy and eggs is more healthy?

Like I already said >If you want to live a healthy life, the bulk of your diet should consist of plant based food. Animal products are there for your enjoyment (like desserts) and as a good source of protein. Do not delude yourself into thinking you're actually eating something healthy.

plants don't make me feal full

meat does

this means I am more easily able to watch my intake and remain healthy otherwise I would blow up because I feel hungry constantly

>"just eat tons of carbs and little to no protein!"

THANKS DUDE YOU'RE SO SMART

Eat 100 calories of broccoli and then eat 100 calories of meat. Which one is going to make you feel more full. Hint: It's the broccoli

>eating a plant based diet means you have to exclude meat
>implying legumes, nuts and grains don't have protein
>>Animal products are there for your enjoyment (like desserts) and as a good source of protein
>>a good source of protein
Can you even fucking read? No one tells you to stop eating meat, but if you actually think it's healthy, you're fucking delusional. Of course you should still eat at least .8g per lb of lean mass, but that doesn't mean it has to be all from meat, dairy and eggs.

>Eat 100 calories of broccoli and then eat 100 calories of meat. Which one is going to make you feel more full. Hint: It's the broccoli
and then I'll be hungry in 10 minutes again when I have just eaten,
except with meat I feel pretty good for an hour or so after letting it sit for 10 minutes

You can only talk for yourself so I will suppose it's true for you. But if it actually is, you have some sort of problem with your hormones or gastrointestinal bacteria and should probably do something about it. Eating complex carbs and fiber is supposed to be more filling for a longer period compared to meat.

>you have some sort of problem with your hormones or gastrointestinal bacteria

docs say I'm healthy even after doing blood work

underated post

blog.aicr.org/2015/10/09/study-vegetarian-meatloaf-just-as-satisfying-and-a-bonus-for-cancer-prevention/

>A fiber-rich bean-based meal can be just as satisfying as a protein-rich beef-based meal, according to a recent short-term study, published in the Journal of Food Science. The findings are good news if you want to cut back on red meat and up your fiber intake – both recommendations for cancer prevention.
>No differences were reported for appetite ratings or food intake later in the day. Interestingly, participants also reported similar visual appeal, smell, and taste acceptance between the two meals.
>We know from AICR’s evidenced-based recommendations, that increasing intake of plant foods including fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes such as beans can reduce the risk of many cancers. These same recommendations suggest additional protection from decreasing the amount of animal products we eat, especially red and processed meats. When it comes to colorectal cancer for example, diets high in red and processed meats are associated with increased risk, while foods containing fiber are shown to lower risk.
>This study suggests that you can be just as satisfied consuming plant foods while also lowering your risk of cancer.

There are many things you can't find or confirm through a blood sample. That's why stool samples and other methods are commonly used in medicine.

1 bowl a day

It would show healthy hormone levels if I am not mistaken.

>"I eat eggs and my cholesterol is normal"
>>normal

nutritionfacts.org/video/optimal-cholesterol-level/

Not what I expected, but I'll accept it. It seems meat is just as satiating as high fiber foods. Although the study design seems a bit weird. They seemed to use a meal that is traditionally supposed to be meat and turned it into a vegan dish by using beans. I suppose they did it to prevent people from subconsciously giving different answers based on their meal.

Not necessarily. What exactly was tested in your blood test? Did they measure leptin? There are other hormones then estrogen and testosterone, you know.

Didn't read the article, just the abstract and I just saw the graphs right now. Those actually seem to suggest there's a statistically insignificant higher fullness and a statistically insignificant lower hunger rating for the bean "meat" loaf.

>There are other hormones then estrogen and testosterone,

Man, I bet you use antlers in all of your decorating.