Are you currently at a high point or low point in life?

Are you currently at a high point or low point in life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e6fBxXFdxb8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you know, when there are no high points and your life has been on a steady decline ever since you were born, could you even talk about a low "point" ?

I'm transitioning from low to high atm.
FINALLY started loving myself more.
Realized that HAPPYNESS DOESN'T JUST HAPPEN TO YOU
You have to work for it. Everyday.
Stop procrastinating. Stop putting yourself down.
You are your own best friend. Know what you want and fucking GET IT

Gains are at a high

Life is at a low unfortunately

High.
Got college education, steady job, gf, own a house, car, family and friends. Pretty decent pay and a growing savings account.

Yet I do feel there is something missing in my life. I try to live day by day, working, training in my home gym, talking walks, spending time with people, sometimes drinking. Yet when I have a moment for myself, I do struggle to find something to live for. I really am a lonely soul deep inside.

Good for you, transition phase too. Been going to psychotherapy for a year. Nothing makes you grow like facing your inner fears and insecurities head on and leaving them behind. Doesn't just make you happier but better person towards other people too I think.

and the best part about this is that when you think it cant get any worse, life sure will find a fucking way to make it worse.

it' the same dull low life since the end of my childhood. I always think it must change soon but the change never comes because I'm a lazy piece of shit who dislikes to be uncomfortable

at least I've been lifting for 4 months straight now

I'm sure your lives aren't as bad as you faggots are making them out to be

this tbqh, trying to be more social

Better than I always been in my life, but I don't consider it my highest point, since I try to improve every fucking day.
2016 was a good year for me.

One of the lowest.

2015 was mine

Trying to unJUST myself before going to college at 22, been neeting for 2 years and it's time to move on.

High:
Got fat but am going back to gym again
2 kids
Bought a house
Career soaring
Earnings well into 6 figures
Feel as though life is in balance

Just need to avoid falling into a trap. A lot of older people in my business (sales) either turn into cocky douchebags or end up divorced alcoholics by the age of 50. At this point I just need to keep a steady pace and not fuck up, and avoid the trap of falling into overwork

what did you achieve

Low enough that suicidal thoughts are a daily occurance.

this is fucking hilarious and sad as fuck at the same time.
i love reviewbrah

I am at a weird point some ways higher than ever others much lower
>tfw idk how to feel

Extremely low.

medium
i miss opiates

Gonna find out in about a month

Low point, it's been going down and down for the past 6 months or so, every time something comes around and I think it'll start going up, it usually just turns into something that makes it drop even more
Surely it'll end sometime soon, right?

pls elabourate

me too
I was never that heavy into it, but I stopped when it was best. Should have never opened pandoras box.

>transferred to a very good uni
>started talking to people
>got new friends that actually think I'm not a retard
>went to lots of house parties (never went to a party before 2016)
>don't live with my mom anymore, but with dudes in my dorm, that are now very good friends of mine
>kissed lots of girls (was kissless before 2016)
>fucked two girls (was virgin before 2016) and got a blowjob inside a cinema
>STARTED LIFTING IN JULY AND AM NOT A 50KG FAGGOT ANYMORE, NOW I'M 58 KG FAGGOT
>people actually said I'm better now
>passed all my classes
>don't play video games anymore
>in the Christmas party my relatives said I'm looking like a man, since I'm talking to everyone like a normal person and not behaving like an idiot
I know some of them are very mundane for some of you, but in 2015 I was actually miring suicide, since I was in a very shitty universities, had no friends and when I was not in the shitty uni, I was in my house browsing Veeky Forums or playing vidia games.
Life is fucking good, my nigga.

Got fat again after getting fit, I even won 3 medals in PL comps and now I'm reduced to playing dark souls all day while binging on crap. I have some form of an anxiety disorder and it's gotten so bad I get panic attacks moving faster than 1km/h or lifting more than my own weight. I guess it's true you never stop being a fatass.

how much were you using?
i thought it was cool cas i was only using 20mg a day and "it wasnt heroin" even tho its practically the same thing in your brain

>Stop procrastinating.
THIS is the #1 reason for most people here being depressed

get off of Veeky Forums, you're wasting unreal amounts of time on here and you know it

Very, very low.

If I get off Veeky Forums I watch films or play games.

I COULD do other things, but that is what I enjoy.

I used pain pills on the weekends for some months
And this october I used heroin three times "because its practically the same thing in the brain"

kinda woke me up, haven't done anything since

good for you man
i find forcing myself to hang out with people helps when i rather just have a pill, but the wanting the pill has seemed far more easy over the past few weeks then the volatile or boring interactions with people.

To be honest I had more friends and was happier when I was out drinking and doing blow every week. The fitter the more lonely I get.

very medium place
>about to graduate with a stem degree in april at 26 years old
>haven't had an internship yet despite a year of applications, working wagecuck retail job
> moved back in with mommy at the beginning of this semester
>no gf and haven't gotten laid since june
>had to go to the psych ward for 2 weeks over the summer because of drugs
on the upside I will be graduating with about 5k in savings and just got my car paid off after 5 years so thats nice.

This

There is no in between or balance, I either count every single calorie and plan every single second of my day or I completely eat like shit and go out every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=e6fBxXFdxb8

the way this girl cries and whines is like a fucking pig

I would say I'm midway. Lost 50 pounds in the last 6 months and I just need 20 more to go. I'm going back to school in January and I read more and play video games less.

well the problem is my friends are mostly users now and I can't hang out with them anymore. When I'm lonely I want to use again.

We need to find new friends who are more fun than pills

Kind of a low right now.
My socialability and confidence have been on the decline just when I thought I was getting somewhere. Haven't been to the gym in a while and haven't been very motivated in general. Cute girl I've been talking to hasn't messaged me in ages and I don't wanna be weird and message her out of nowhere. Started smoking weed again after I thew all my stuff away and tried to quit for good. And to top things off, I'm developing a serious addiction to amphetamines because of how talkative and social they make me (though even this is having diminishing returns)
Am in the gym right now, trying to get off Veeky Forums for a while and quit weed again. I've also been trying to get back into books, reading the Iliad right now with a Greek history book. Wish me luck Bros, I hope we all make it.

This, plus most anons overestimate their problems.

WAS at a high point 2 months ago
had a QT girlfriend
Smelled great and is overall a nice person
Get ghosted

Still have a great job, big christmas bonus, never been in better shape/ripped/swole, talk to my parents regulary, pretty boy face etc.

Not sure if i am in a low point.

Definitely low point

>be depressed and lazy last year cuz no gf and no social life at uni
>23 year old virgin
>fail most courses
>don't get my student loans for this year because I failed too much
>live off my old summerjob wage during autumn semester trying to finish enough courses to get my loans back
>manage but it might be too late and I may not get loans until january
>all out of money and rent is due in less than a week
>too ashamed to tell parents because I've told them I'm doing well

I might become homeless.

Slowly crawling to a higher point.
I always seem to fuck up badly though

I'm at an absolute nadir in my life. No friends, no money, no job, etc. I just read and sleep all day.

I'm finally getting back to a normal weight level and have stopped eating any junk food, but I feel like that's only a temporary satisfaction. What happens once I'm 70~ kg? Once I reach that goal I literally won't have anything else in life to look forward to. I can't afford a gym membership so no lifting.

High point, 3 years ago out of shape, depressed, only fucked like 4 ugly chicks, with crazy girlfriend, no prospects.
Today, in shape, confident, organized, productive, back in school, living with grandparents at 26 to persue while I pursue a masters but I do not allow it to hinder me, fuck new girls every week, keeping my head up high, saving money, going on trips, making new friends.

I credit at least some part of my new mindset to Veeky Forums, thanks fsggots

Hit my lowest point in 2015 but now I'm rising probably in 2017 I will be as happy as I was in my 16's-19's

you need a serious hobby or a lifelong goal desu. You have the money to afford such endeavors so find something that makes you feel alive

low point because uni is hard
but could be worse

Definitely a high. Finally moved away from my shitty town and joined the Army. Getting paid to do pt and learn shit where I can be as hands on as I want?
>feels good man

why?

Just read Of Mice And Men a few days ago.
Goddamn Lennie :(

high point

>got a raise at work
>no fap
>stopped drinking soda
>Veeky Forums pass for xmas

still no gf tho but im working on it

always gotta pretend your life is absolute shit when you're on the chans

fucking Chads stop trying to fit in, you're ruining everything

buy some dumbbells man. 40 pound set at walmart cost $15. if u can't come up with $15 somehow then you must be younger than 12 years old.

I'm in tune.. Just banging on my old piano.

I'm at a high point, and every day I work to improve myself and my life.

At a high point chief.

Found my spiritual niche, been sober six months, finally figuring out how to "play the game" with women, and my drive to succeed as a musician is coming back full swing.

Also my gf got my exercise equipment for Christmas and my side chick hooks me up with health food from the place she works 24/7. Ain't even mad.

I should be at a high point but the red pill is making me kind of depressed.

It's VERY fucking low on the inside even tho it looks high to 90% of the people that don't know me well.I have a better body and more money than ever yet I feel lower,suicidal and worthless than ever.I feel less than any man around me even tho I lift 6 times a week and am stronger and bigger than the average male.
I even hate my fucking friends and want beat the shit out of them just to feel superior.I know this isn't right at all and I don't know how to overcome it....

>Stronger than ever before
>World class in one lift
>Advanced in others
>Getting ready to open gym on the side
>Love life is amazing

>Increasingly find it hard to socialize with people that hold themselves back in life
>Pity old friends that only play vidya
>Pity friends that do not experience the joy of testing their body
>Pity the people that do not save to invest in their future
>Find myself with the same sad smile my dad gave to those that would never make anything of themselves
>Find myself giving it to old friends
>Victims of their own desires
>It's lonely at the top

Honestly i'm not sure

I finally got that loving, good looking gf i always dreamed of
Unfortunately that didnt change the fact that i feel an emptiness inside that is slowly killing me ...

So uhm ... high point i guess?

This. Have some respect

Everything is fine aside from not having the girl I desire.

I don't want any girl, I want her

Get a dog and walk it every second day.

Both.

>back in school getting a degree that im interested in after years wasted in the service industry

but

>crippling depression

Zero sum, I guess.

Yeah but Bowie died.

Same here. I'm finally getting to the point where doing what's best for me just feels right and I don't have to force myself anymore. And I finally learned when to stop wasting energy on women, it's better that they come as a side effect.

Low. 19. homeschooled through highschool. dropped out of community collage i've been dicking around in for 3 years due to mental breakdown. Got a second degree sprain in augest, so I couldn't lift or cardio for a solid month and a half, struggling to get back into lifting and dieting seriously. Working a soul draining dead end retail job making 10/hr under the table. Pretty much the only amusement i get out of life is getting stoned and playing WoW or watching netflix.

All i'm good at is world of warcraft. At least i'm one of the best dps death knights on the planet for what its worth.

Well I've wanted to kill myself for years but didn't because of people, animals to take care of and jobs I was going after, but lost everything that mattered to me over the last couple years. Now I don't care about anything or anyone anymore and I can do as many dangerous things as I want. On one hand, everything is awful and I want to kill myself every day, but on the other I am almost invincible in most social situations and have reduced fear in dangerous ones. So-so really.

I am at a crossroad. Right now I am getting a bachelors degree in Microbiology in hopes to become a doctor and specialize in dermatology. I currently live in a nice apartment with my best friend as a roommate (and his girlfriend) in a nice Minnesota college town and I have a girlfriend of almost 3 years who goes to school, also pre-med, in Wisconsin. I was just given an opportunity to buy my grandmother's house up north. I figured out the financials and with rounding up every bill I would owe $2,100 (mortgage, utilites, taxes, internet, etc). My family always celebrates Christmas at my grandmother's house and all of her 9 children grew up there so if I bought the house then she wouldn't have to sell it and I would be like a family hero and then host Christmas and come into a role as a sort of patriarch. I would be moving to a small town, about 600 people, and I would have a full ~$2,000 home gym set up. I would actually live even closer to my girlfriend but I would move away from my nuclear family, friends, and old life. 4 bedroom and 120 acres of land

TLDR:
I am going to school to become a doctor in a fairly wealthy neighborhood. Do I move up north and buy a house for an amazing deal (4 bedroom and 120 acres of land) and live a simpler life and raise a family or do I continue my studies and make a ton of money and live in the city?

I'm mostly over depression so I think 2017 is going to be a great year. It's still small but I have a social network now and I'm starting to enjoy myself and social interactions instead of just being the shy awkward guy. All that hard work I did in 2016 is paying off.

>it's lonely at the top

This guy gets it.

Been losing a lot of weight this year, which is great. Its slowing down a lot now though which is frustrating but its ok because the diet and exercise are a way of life now. I just have concernes because I'm a man and I'm looking increasingly pear shaped. I'm hoping it's just the way my body fat has lay and it'll soon drop off like the rest of it, but does anyone know if I can train my upper body to balance it out once I've lost all the weight? I don't mind looking like a skele-pear for a while if it's fixable

Can I ask, what was your hard work for better social skills? Like just in the gym, or a complete self-improvement stint or something?

gonna stop smoking or what

Midpoint with a larger probability to go low than high. I'm supposed to get my bachelors degree in spring provided I do good on the rest of my classes and every past year it's been stressing me out more and more. Then when I graduate I need to get a job ASAP. and my car is old and I'm not sure how long it'll last but I have no money to spend on a new one. I'm basically treading on thin ice so to speak. desu I just want to get my degree already, i've been fucking around in uni for too long.

Not him but you could look at how competent people do and copy them. Act like you are confident, and soon enough, as you see the positive results, you'll stop pretending.

That's how it worked for me that is.

Low but rising.

Parents are doing okay (I take care of them). Mom's new meds have her real lucid, she remembers my name most of the time.

I am very close to starting my new business (indoor agriculture facility making a rare but desirable product fresh in an area usually used to frozen forms of it). The USDA offers a loan for this specific biz and I might be qualified (0.5% interest over 20 years). People really like the idea.

No close friends, haven't been on a date since December 7th, 2011. Lonely as fuck.

The later. Training helped me become healthier both physically and mentally but it is not enough.You can't just walk into a gym for the first time, deadlift 6 plates and walk out. You need to learn how to do it properly and work your way up. I'd recommend books on anxiety and social interactions. Learn what are the problems hindering you and make a plan to fix those issues, steps by steps. I realized I was terrible at approaching strangers because I always felt like I was a bother so I found a volunteer job where I need to do that all afternoon. It's very easy work so the only stress is the social interactions. After a few times it just got better. Practice is the key like any other skill

Not kidding, read "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.

Well, it FEELS like I'm at a low point, but it's probably not as bad as I make it out to be because of depression

>lose 50 lbs
>escape skinnyfat dyel mode
>pretty muscular and Veeky Forums
>acne clearing up
>lookin good tbqh
>START
>FUCKING
>BALDING
it's always something right guys

Pretty shit year for this user in 2016:
>Failed my masters degree ( 2 exams out of 10 not passed)
>Because of poor time management, gains shrank
>stress eating, so gaining weight
>no girlfriend in 2016
>only fucked a couple of 5/10's

Dec/Jan will/is (be) better anons, resitting exams and back at the gym. I just need to find my confidence again... it's somewhere.

Well I'm at a high point but the years have passed so my personal best is still pathetic compared to my age.

Yea you heard me personal best and only getting better.

I have had exactly 10 major low points this year, and 4 major high points

Low
1. Fired from my job picking vegetables on a farm in the UK in January because I threw a potatoat a chicken and killed it
2. Had to move back to Lithuania
3. Got a job cleaning toilets in Lithuania
4. Dad beat me up for failing to make a living in England
5. Girlfriend of 4 years fucked my best friend on the farm
6. Started traking night classes to learn French and the teacher kicked me out for making a joke about the Bataclan (asked if how to say music hall in French was 'AHHHH' because the last time I was at a music hall in france everyone was pointing at the walls shouting 'AHHHH''
7. Fell at work and broke my hand
8. Fell at the gym and broke the same hand again
9. Mother died
10. Father died

High.
1. Started taking magnesium supplements
2. Moved into the house of a random stranger, who doesn't beat me
3. Lost 30lbs
4. Learnt over 40 new dinosaur species

>Are you currently at a high point or low point in life?
Low, got banned from /pol/ for asking about their opinion on suicide.

>I realized I was terrible at approaching strangers because I always felt like I was a bother so I found a volunteer job where I need to do that all afternoon.
I like this idea, what was your volunteer job?

wow...

How do you fuck new girls every week living with your grandparents bro?

why magnesium supplements?

>tfw I gotta transfer out of my shitty school where its 70% male but can't because of my low gpa.
I just wanna go to a big school and lose my virginity

I work part time for a hospital. I walk to the room of patients and chat with them and see if they need anything. The hospital has a store so if they need anything I help them get it. Some of them just want to talk too so this is a good opportunity to get more comfortable with it since you rarely know them and you never know which patient will feel like chatting. Some are pretty difficult to deal with too so it makes me work hard on my social skills. I spent 5 minutes arguing with a lady with no idea what was going on only for a nurse to tell me she was deaf

I personally think I'm at a low point in my life but when I stop to evaluate where I am and what I've done I can't say the same.

My parents are incredibly poor and our house is going under for foreclosure.

I just got out of a bad fight with my girlfriend and I don't even know if she believes our relationship has a basis to work on.

I just got dismissed from engineering school but I'm going to write my appeal by stating the foreclosure stuff above and hopefully get back in.

But I'm healthy, I'm alive, I live in the US, I'm not fighting in some war, overall life is not bad. But it could be better.

No clue, I'm in the middle between the two but no idea what direction its going in

Pros:
>just got my master's degree in finance with no debt
>learned how to invest by a former hedge funder and his academically backed strategy alledgedly averages 20% annual returns
>propecia MAY be halting my hairloss
>realize I have a decent chance of getting an Ivy League MBA later on in my career if I want to
>Trump got elected

Cons:
>no job after 4 months of doing the job search so far
>gains have been coming in slow, due to stress with finding a job
>miss being in a relationship
>gyno from propecia
>moles and sunspots keep appearing on my body

high
>got a job straight out of uni
>moved to a foreign country and am making a good life
>gf I moved with left me, but I'm starting to recognise that this was a good thing
>smashing f7a boulders indoor
>preparing to get into sport climbing
>a few more months until one arm pullup
and mainly:
>realised that you cannot and should not rely on another for fulfillment and happiness, you should wait until you find someone who you have a mutual bond with who is also fulfilled and happy. If you're happy in who you are, then any bad things that happen to you in relationships will pass like a bad cold.

and also, I feel that 22 is a good age to discover this at

currently trying to dig myself out of the miserable hell that is post break-up depression

Low point.

Just broke up with my gf who I was living with yesterday. One semester left in my masters degree but bombed an exam last semester making it nearly impossible to keep my average in 80s needed for a PhD program. Back living with my parents, all my shit is just sitting in my car unpacked, about to graduate 30k in debt with 3 degrees in maths and physics, but no PhD to actually work in the fields at 24, and 2 grand total in my savings. At least I Finally hit 2 pl8 squat and 3pl8 diddly

The highest point in my life but pretty low.

That said, progress.

You know you can move to England and you don't have to work in a farm?

You speak English so you can get a customer service job