Could 10000 time-travelling midget wrestlers with off-road kart racers and automatic weapons bring down the Roman...

Could 10000 time-travelling midget wrestlers with off-road kart racers and automatic weapons bring down the Roman Empire?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How much ammo do they get?
We're they trained with the weapons they use?
Do they get to attack first?

They could do a lot of damage but it's unlikely that they could take the empire down

They don't have unlimited ammo of course but they can carry it in their kart racers.
They'll be trained before time-travelling to use and maintain their weapons ; But as I said, it isn't unlimited and they must pack it.
They will land on the borders of the Roman Empire and they'll get to attack first.

Can they fix their vehicles and how much fuel do they have?

According to me, it's 50/50

They just have enough material to do quick maintenance on their karts (Like changing a wheel), but of course they can break down eventually ; Still off-road karts are durable.
They'll get enough little fuel tanks to go to Greece or Hispania, strating from Germania, but no more and they'll waste fuel if they have to maneuver accross the entire Empire.

If they were to cooperate, without a doubt. But 10.000 people cooperating is less likely than time-travell of this amount of midgets.

I don't see them ever having adequate cover from archers for very long, so no doubt a great number of them would be killed from that. But archers wouldn't know how to take cover from firearms, so many of them would be killed as well.

Romans would have literally no idea how to go about fighting enemies with those kinds of arms, so I'm gonna say your basic foot soldier is going to be wiped out in open combat. Though when you move into city environments they could easily ambush groups of the midgets and dispatch them before they could react.

All in all I'd guess that the midgets would definitely do a lot of damage, but they'd lack the ability to properly siege a city, and if they moved into an urban environment the playing field would be more even, so I don't see them succeeding in the end

anonbro, you better get a patent on this game right quick, it's a playa.

>watch Netflix Original Veeky Forums
>it's another midges vs Rome episode

What if they are strongly and ideologically united midgets ?

Literally any and all modern states could be conquered by such a force in a matter of weeks, not to mention rome. They would be like mongol horse archers on tonnes of methamphetamines, ultra mobile and impossible to predict.

The world shall fear the midget warrior

>the first midget reich
Not even Constantinople would be safe.

> tfw midgets rape the vestal virgins

One person could bring down the whole Empire if they knew enough about it. I mean they are time travellers and with hindsight they could just easily take advantage of some weakness.

>10,000 midgets with kalashnikovs and dune buggies could destroy the US

I dont think so

I was thinking more of a weapon adapted to their small stature, like an FN P90.
However don't forget that they're also wrestlers.

They would obliterate them.

Rome would collapse within weeks.

Eventually the Romans will do with the midgets what they did with Odoacer, offer him the tittle of Caesar, thus a new midget dynasty is born, all of the midget emperors are deified, christians equate midgets with the beast of the apocalypse and the antichrist. If the midgets come to be the new rulers of the empire they bring death and destruction to the Germanic tribes and the Parthians who come to fear them as the wrath of god.

This thread actually prompted me to look for videos of midgets firing assault rifles on youtube. They are absolutely capable, apparently.

I would have said yes until this addition.
>They will land on the borders of the Roman Empire and they'll get to attack first.
Full time travel would allow you to control location, because the Earth is revolving around the sun. With location accuracy your 10000 minutes could position themselves in all of the key cities and could kill all the key figures simultaneously.

Since they are centrally located on the boarder, logistics would be a nightmare and even if these are off road carts they would do poorly crossing the provinces of Rome and would leave many regions of the empire untouched for years. Naturally these regions would not submit to midget rule. Because bullets are limited and these are wrestler midgets and not engineer or scientist midgets in the coming decades these guns will become separated at one point and the midget contingent will fall to a riot or a coup, because ancient peoples are assholes and would not submit to midgets.

My prediction for the midget force:
-takes 2-7 provinces, a few major cities and possibly Rome, but not North Africa or Syria
-last 20 to 70 years
-Ends by riot or coup and no one figures out how to make guns
-

>Midgets go back in time
>break the empire through propaganda and speratism without shooting a single bullet

>last 20 to 70 years
More like months. There's no way they can carry enough ammo on the karts to last them more than a year while actually waging war.

yes because rome would need a time machine to go back another 8000 years which they didnt have
victory midgets

Wouldn't the sheer horror of seeing midgets using karts and automatic weapons make the roman people comply to their will immediatly ?

Well I'm assuming that they have attained an income from raiding and their captured holdings. I am giving them the benefit of the doubt that they would be able to form their own bureaucracy and armies outside of themselves. I just think it is unlikely that this would be a permanent situation, though they could definitely hole themselves off for a substantial amount of time.

Well there is no sheer horror to the people hearing about these tales from across the Mediterranean. Those on the edges of the empire might just think the Italians have gone soft and lost to an unusually short and mobile Germanic tribe with some magic weapons similar to magic all the different barbarian tribes claim with their shamans and sacrifices.

Alright.
What if, instead of moving around like a 10000 strong horde, the midgets send emissaries to other provinces of the Empire, or even foreign states of Rome ?

>Literally any and all modern states could be conquered by such a force in a matter of weeks, not to mention rome.

I disagree. Even factoring in unlimited ammo, gas for the go-carts and ideological purity on the part of the midgets, they wouldn’t be able to _conquer_ Rome in the sense of replacing the existing hierarchy and government.

However, they could _bring down_ the Roman Empire simply by killing so many people and disrupting the society so badly, that it descends into anarchy and/or is invaded by the Parthians and N.European barbarians.

This is why i still come here, .thank you very much OP.

Well, I think they would do that as a state once they take over Gaul and maybe Italy. The problem is that this is just regular diplomacy. A emissary group is not going to change anyone's opinion. Just look at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongol_conquest_of_Khwarezmia
What matters is the midgets ability to project power consistently. They could have one or two grand campaigns in Iberia or the Balkans, but with their limited fuel the ruse would become clear. It is more likely that the midgets would be more conservative with their fuel and save if for a time they really needed rather than waste it to show how big their dicks are to the North Africans and the Sassanids.

AMERICAN PICKERS GUY ON LEFT