Who /military/ here?

Who /military/ here?

Do any of you actually have a job that requires you to be Veeky Forums? How do you retain gains while in the field/on deployment? How do you manage your diet while having to eat at the chow hall? Any SOF guys?

Dfac is great for gains, use the field to cut. Besides that, just take advantage of the free gyms all over post

>best body I ever had was coming back from Afghanistan doing nothing but patrolling, pull ups, dips, push-ups and eating MREs

Looked so good but felt so shitty

>Dfac is great for gains
How do you count your calories? Or do you just eat as much as you can for mass

In the Navy, harbor patrol. Doesn't require me to be fit at all, as I'm sitting almost my entire 12 hour shift. I work out in my off time to keep in shape though

ex-mil working at an MWR (LUL)

there are great stuff out there when it comes to programming (if you're at a high speed unit)

if not you're gonna have to read up and use their fancy toys

Navy here, my ship is too small for a proper gym, so sailing is a nightmare for gains.

Urgh, I'll get ripped for this, I work in admin but I'm attached to a chopper regiment. Non deployable for a while with the transition of new equipment, reg PT every morning but I hit the gym in the night too

Tl:Dr office job but don't want to get branded as a fat cuntoid

USMC ATC pog, fitness beyond minimum requirements is not needed ever. There's tons of down time for eating and going to the gym. Chow hall sucks for very structured dieting and I save money now that I don't pay for it by buying groceries. Bulking at Chow hall is easy. Lots of big guys in garrison, it's up to you really. I know a lot of people who spent all their time at the gym during deployment and got huge. Short story is yes, you get lots of time to exercise in almost every job.

>basic
>verified skelle
>double rations
>they never rescinded double rations
>freegainz for life bby

do you guys do PRT or the old school PT?

Not a fraud thread but I'm feeling like doing a cycle. Eq test and var... Worth the risk?

Difference? I'm fresh to the forces but not to life

Please tell stories about fat wooks

There's truly nothing I hate more than seeing a fat slut in uniform walking around base. Luckily I'm a grunt so I almost never have to work with them

A lot of military girls are shredded tho

Pretty sure our drug tests don't screen for roids.

I wouldn't do it in my job because it's bad for your joints and my body's already fucked up

Its weird, I've seen news articles that outline disp action in recent years but they say its not tested (too expensive to run)

you do MCHAMMER shit instead of sticking to the APFT stuff

No weird shit I'm afraid..

Army 12B - Combat Engineer
Mostly I keep my gains same way I did outside the field. Pushups and situps to failure. Each morning and evening.
Gyms are guarenteed and most aren't complete garbage.
Pullups on trees and shit. Otherwise carrying your IOTV (ballistic vest) with ammo, water and shit gets you a decent workout throughout the day.

Most gyms are alright but on marine corps bases they're usually small and always packed with aggressive wannabe alphas. There's always HITT cages with barbells and pull-up/dip bars though

I literally get to play hearthstone and jackoff and play mobile games at least 2-3 hours a day. Can't believe people get choose wagecucking over this

Hey that's what I do!

Infantry??

American millatary? And if so, have you ever met mattis?

>getting up at 06:00 at the latest (02:30 if you're rucking)
>most likely 1000 miles away from your home
>incompetency, bullshit training seminars, online bullshit classes
>roomates/suitemates
>shit pay
it's not bad though

Anyone else /2 years through enlistment/?

>tfw gonna be on submarines

How the hell am I gonna lift? Doesn't sound like I'll be sleeping much either

I also came back from a deployment in the best shape of my life (Iraq). That said, I was on Victory in 06 so we did have gyms by that point. My life consisted of eating, sleeping, patrol, gym.

Is that Arifjan?

>submarine
hope you like sex with men

There are women onboard subs nowadays

Navy chef. Spend most mornings cooking and most evenings doing meal prep for the next day. Its pretty boring but it's structured and gives me the day free to lift and be an asshole.

Used to be undes in the Navy now I'm an HM. Work hospital shift hours so I get maximum time for working out. Gained around and 10lbs this winter due to wrist injury and lazyness. Best shape I've been is is probably fmtb school

Is it easy getting into harbour patrol? I'm looking to join the Canadian navy, curious about the positions available.

Thanks