Getting Veeky Forums through manual labor

I wanna take up carpentry as a job. Seems like a based profession to make some money and get jacked.
Discuss

take up plumbing

more money, less work, way dirtier though

>less work
Trying to get jacked tho

You absolutely will not get jacked. You might lose weight from the increased activity and from having less time to eat. Or you might gain weight from having more money to spend on candy or whatever. But you will not get jacked. You will not experience progressive resistance to the point of noticeable results unless you are a no muscle having dyel of laughable proportions. Even if you are, your gains will stall while you're still in dyel mode.

My job is basically the same thing on a daily basis as far as physical activity. If anything I work harder than the average carpenter and lift heavier shit. I make more gains during the winter slowdown then the summer busy season because I have more free time to lift.

name 1(one) jacked plumber

Ever try lifting?

If you want ottermode do it. You actually dont need to do a second of lifting if you do physical work. But always strive for TDEE oterhwise you end like every fat manual labour you easily see on the streets.

Framing sucks. I've been doing it for a year and my body feels beat down every day. Knees and lower back are fucked. You won't have any energy to train.

You won't get jacked. At all. Itl give you a fucking hell of an appetite though so you'll eat alot of food. Combine that with going to the gym and proper sleep then you'll make gains. Youll be tired as fuck at first but get used to it

T. Used to work construction full time between school semesters

Be a finishing carpenter, you still have to go down on your knees and shit a lot but you don't have to lift heavy

Being a medieval smith will get you python size arms and forearms

My dad is a landscaper/gardener. He's stronger than the average guy his age definitely and has quite defined pulling muscles and shoulders. Nowhere near what I would call jacked though, kind of a wirey physique is the best way I can describe it. Get jacked by lifting weights

Im not him but I guess youre right, why would someone with a profession such as plumbing ever go to the gym.

Just get a job working the front desk at your local gym

They'll let you lift for free as much as you want

Manual labor won't get you jacked
You'll be strong as hell, but you won't be jacked

My dad was a carpenter, now he's a foreman for his crew and the best part of their physiques are their beer bellies

And no money

Look at this asshole using a 2 foot level for a 10 foot stud.

this made me kek. I now know what it feels like to kek

I have family members in carpentry it is absolutely not a fit lifestyle job. Full of losers and druggies. You will spend your days hunched over with a sore back from toolbags, your wrists will be fucked from swinging a hammer all day. You work 6 10 hour shifts a week, so there is no chance you will have energy for the gym ever. And your diet wl be shit from going job site to job site and grabbing Carls jr on your 30 min lunch break. Plus you will end up smoking or at least chewing tobacco. Old carpenters are ugly, scrawny hunched over men with bad backs strong forearms and mangled hands.

It is not a fit lifestyle and you don't want to pursue it.

Construction will give you strong functional muscles; however it will not give you pronounced muscle features. I've worked in the construction field for three years (landscaping, masonry, carpentry), and it helps you use your muscles and nothing else.

As a tradesman (Union Pipefitter, Commercial HVAC), the most jacked workers are cement masons. Months on months of lifting 50 to 100 pound cements bags, heavy ass bricks and mortar and you have no choice but to get big. The most impressive thing i have ever seen on a worksite was a cement mason lift up a coworker, with whom he was arguing about the Packers vs Vikings, with one arm by the neck. He was even straining. Plumbers and my pipefitters tend to be the fattest.

Become a treeman.
My dad's a climber, and is jacked as fuck.

Another HVAC guy here. Service Technician tho