Riding my bike up my hill at end of my daily commute

>riding my bike up my hill at end of my daily commute
>stop for red light, light turns green
>put leg on pedal and suddenly the most debilitating calf cramp i've ever had, i literally have to freeze because the pain is so intense, feels like calf is tearing in half
>4 hours later after trying to stretch it (horrible pain) and ice it still hurts

my god guys how the fuck do i prevent this?

Get a tennis ball and roll it out.

...unless you tore some shit

similar thing happened to me the other day. i woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my entire thigh was tied in a fucking knot. light activity and foam rolling every few hours really helped for me, although rolling it hurts like a bitch at first.

You have leg cancer, be grateful that you didn't have twisted balls while on a bike.

t. Medfag

Out of curiosity, were you dehydrated?

Potasium in general prevent this. Eat your bananas user.

i don't think so; why?

yeah this has happened to me in the middle of the night once before. same calf. pain so horrible it woke me up

maybe. it was weird i was fine pumping slowly up this big hill, stop for a few seconds on a red light, then literally just lifting my leg and it completely seizes up

i eat a banana in my shake every day bro

need more potassium.

does it feel like it's stretching when you do like normal movements? sounds like a calf strain

Your calves are tight OP. Need to stretch properly before working them and also make sure you train them at the gym. It's a sign saying yours are too small

Golem doesn't look good, is he okay?

I used get the craziest toe cramps were my toe would try and stretch away from each other

Drink water and eat some avocados or bananas.

>that feel when a hotel california guitar solo version of a calf cramp is beginning

>that feel when you feel the shift and there's like a 3 second pause that feels like an eternity where you know there's about to be a wave of splitting pain after this weird little interval of time

I wish it would just start honestly, those 3 seconds are insanity

I've gotten this with my calves, will wake up and know what's wrong before the pain even hits me. Sometimes it hurts so bad I'll start yelling. Usually stays tight and painful the rest of the day. I've been drinking more water, but I'm not sure if dehydration is the cause

dynamic stretches, hydration, potassium

Don't know if you boys know this but the best way to relieve these calf cramps is to pull your toes towards you while stretching out your leg.

Take a hot bath nigguh, take your time rubbing your calf vigorously.

Bananas don't have much potassium. Try Hydralite / ORS salts user. And limit your sodium.

Drinking more water won't help this at all. You need electrolytes nigguh, potassium and maybe some magnesium.