Can somebody please explain to me why is American history education so fucking retarded...

Can somebody please explain to me why is American history education so fucking retarded? Posters here are the prime example

this sort of "thread" belongs on int with the rest of its kind

More of a "figure stuff out yourself" approach?
We need those dumb, ignorant masses to stay that way or this country will implode.

Honestly the American education system isn't even that bad (it's not good, either), mutts are just so innately stupid that not even the greatest education in the world could save them

I'm an American who learned this stuff, especially how it related to the colonies, in many different grades. You have to understand that America is a large nation, divided into fifty semi-sovereign states. Aside from federal grants and some guidelines and rules, these states teach however they like, with whatever resources they can muster. From there you have different counties with different ethnic and economic makeups, which can be further narrowed to towns, townships(a bunch of town that split the bill) and cities. Memes aside, are you really surprised that some of us seem hopelessly ignorant, while others can lead discussions?

Its more about the focus though. From what it feels like, you are taught the smallest details about history of USA itself, yet you don't know the slightest thing about world history. I am just wondering why is that.

>ITT: bongs whimpering we wuzz empire kangs and sheeit, you hear me, we wuzz empire kanngs, I say again, we wuzz empire kanngs

Well, as I explained, I can't speak for the other 49 states, but here in New Jersey(INB4 New Yawkers talking shit) we took a world (mostly European) history class in middle school, an ancient history class I think before then, it's been awhile, and another world history class in Freshmen year of High School. Depending on how well you did, you don't have to take a history course in senior year, but there are classes under the history label to choose from then. I chose anthropology, but I remember there was also "Vietnam War Era" for a semester long course.

It's another thread where every dumb poster MUST be American and none of the smart posters could POSSIBLY be American.

This shit belongs on /qa/, /int/, or /bant/, enjoy your ban. S&R.

no one gets banned on Veeky Forums
i dont even think we have mods....
STRIKE ME DOWN MODS

Simple, America is isolated in many ways. There is less emphasis on World events before WW2 because they didn't have the same level of effect on this continent. We do take World/Ancient history, but its not emphasized very much. Also, public schools are awful because they cater to idiots and put everybody who isn't dumb into advanced placement. If you are taking regular classes, you are forced to get a cursory education or else the class will move too slow to cover all the topics required by standardized testing. This leaves people who are interested in history to mostly study it for themselves, which usually leads to learning centered around specific topics they have a personal sentiment towards because it relates to them. That's why WW2 and the American Civil War are so well studied, even in comparison to the Revolutionary War/Colonial/formative period or the more recent Cold War period, despite being of similar importance.

This, there's also the fact that prior to the first world war, America was one of the least interventionist nations in history and practically isolationist, so we didn't really care what was going on in the rest of the world.

It's the easiest major to get in college, and the easiest job to get and keep in the real world. So it appeals to the most useless people in society. Liberals.

>easiest job to get and keep in the real world
fucking what? Have you ever met an adjunct history professor in your life? The fidelity of their jobs are at risk 24/7.

If fucking obama can do it, literally anyone can do it.

You do realize that all history professors, adjunct professors, and teachers are useless people, no?

He's talking about public K-12 teachers.

You know that WE WUZ doesn't work if they really were, right?

>Can somebody please explain to me why is American history education so fucking retarded?

Gentiles. These Goyish freaks have no perception of history.

The people who are saying that the seven years war doesn't really matter in the US and that it has little to no relevance to the conflict between the US and the Japanese Empire in WW2 are right though. The only part of the former conflict that mattered to the US is the fighting between Britain and the French and Native forces in the Americas, and that is covered albeit cursorily in school curriculums. The latter conflict and the fighting in Europe that occurred simultaneously are far more important to understanding how the US came to have such a predominant position in the world.

>If fucking obama can do it, literally anyone can do it.
Obama was a law student, not a history student. Also he was at fucking Harvard. His career was secured the moment he got in.
>You do realize that all history professors, adjunct professors, and teachers are useless people, no?
You do realize that wasn't the point I contested, no?

Woah thats so different from what I did in New Mexico (which for reference is pretty low ranked in term of education within the US). Middle school was World History in 6th, New Mexico History in 7th, US History in 8th.

High school history didnt start until sophomore year and there were AP options but quite limited. 10th grade was World History (or AP World), 11th: US History (or AP US), 12th: NM History (which was later made a freshman class) and Government.

Like I said though, NM ranks poorly in education within the US so AP classes were limited in the public schools

Does this prove Finns are Mongol rape babies?

>The people who are saying that the seven years war doesn't really matter in the US and that it has little to no relevance to the conflict between the US and the Japanese Empire in WW2 are right though.
That's not what they're saying. Nobody is saying that the Seven Years' War has relevance to WW2. They're saying that American's have stupidly precise, and practically useless, knowledge on ever little aspect of the Pacific Theater whilst knowing so little about the Seven Years' War that they make dumbass statements like "The 7 Years War doesn't affect the U.S." and "It's almost like there was a much more relevant conflict happening at the same time that Americans actual focus learning about." The Seven Years' War was integral in setting the stage for the American War for Independence. George Washington himself literally served in the war as a colonel.

Sure, if you ignore how much lower Kazakhstan ranks.

Americans think they didn't lost the Vietnam War. They have the muh freedom propaganda so up their asses they can barely see reality.

Seven Years' War was the war when Prussia was established as another world power. If you see no connection between Prussia and WWII then you are truly fucking retarded.

And he was a fucking adjunct professor.

If obama can do it, anyone can do it.

Yeah, we lost, which is why we use gook dollars to buy gook rice and speak gook.

>And he was a fucking adjunct professor
A LAW adjunct, not a HISTORY adjunct. Also, I see you're still conveniently ignoring the part about him going to Harvard.

Whats wrong with American education is that its solely interested in itself and development of USA as you can see in this thread when something isn't important in history that actually means it isn't important to USA

>Yeah, we lost, which is why we use gook dollars to buy gook rice and speak gook.
>Implying all wars are wars for the absolute existence of the constituents
America's goal in the war was to prevent the spread of communism to the rest of Vietnam. North Vietnam's goal was to remain sovereign and annex South Vietnam. The North Vietnamese achieved their goals, the Americans didn't. Therefore the America lost the war.

Thanks, you proved my point.

>Yuros taking the bait this hard

That besmirches Harvard, not enhances my opinion of Obama.

He taught the HISTORY of the 14th amendment as an ADJUNCT PROFESSOR.

Am I done here?

Gook.

what makes you think anyone can do what a hard working high IQ person can do???

>That besmirches Harvard, not enhances my opinion of Obama.
And? Who said I'm trying to enhance your opinion of Obama. I'm saying that his mere presence at Harvard makes his situation incomparable to that of the typical history adjunct. When you get into Harvard, you're handed so many resources and connections that a career is essentially guaranteed. Comparing that to some shmuck who graduated from UNLV is retarded.
>He taught the HISTORY of the 14th amendment as an ADJUNCT PROFESSOR
>hurr durr teaching a class about consitutional law at a law school means you're a history adjunct because the class technically has some history in it
How stupid are you? History and Law are separate fields with separate programs. Barrack Obama was never an adjunct serving at a history department, and thus he was never a history adjunct professor. He was a LAW adjunct professor that taught classes to LAW students at a LAW school.

>that's right bongbro, we wuzz empire kanggs and sheeit, we wuzz I tell you, kannggs, fo shuh, and sheeit

Our kids dont learn real history anymore. They learn about some woman in the Civil War crossdressed as a man to fight or how a black man escaped and became a major general in the Irish guard or some shit. Marxist history now.

But Africa really did have civilizations, but you're too much of a triggered whitey to accept that. Reals > feels.

What's your occupation, pal?

Shitposting Inspector, and my shitposting meter is off the charts.

>no not civilizations, we wuz kangggs and sheeit

>>he Seven Years' War was integral in setting the stage for the American War for Independence.
>>George Washington himself literally served in the war as a colonel.
Yeah, in the americas, which is why I said:

>>The only part of the former conflict that mattered to the US is the fighting between Britain and the French and Native forces in the Americas, and that is covered albeit cursorily in school curriculums.
The european theater of that war mattered for all of jack and shit for us.

Prussia was long gone as an independent state by the time of the second world war, and the Napoleonic Wars are what made the formation of a unified Germany inevitable and pretty much everything else that came from that.

Prussia in the 18th century had sweet fuck all to do with any of that.

Africa had civilizations. Niggers from sub-saharan africa did not.

For one thing, American schools teach about this war as the "French and Indian War," rather than the "7 years war."

They've been taught about the war, just not under it's Eurocentric name.

>They've been taught about the war, just not under it's Eurocentric name
You mean its actual name? Americans don't call the Pacific Theater a separate war from WW2 so why do they apply this retarded logic to the Seven Years' War.

For fucks sake, Prussia later formed Germany, Prussians formed German militaristic mentality, Prussia's politics were inherited by Germany. Are you really so fucking dense that you think history would happen exactly the same way if Germany was united by lets say Bavaria?

Also i'll admit you have the right to not know this, but Seven Years War was in fact the war that formed Prussia as we know it (or rather allowed it to exist), just google the whole history of Fridrich II. if you refuse to believe me.

Yes, Americans reference the Pacific Theater and European Theater, you retarded eurofag. It has to be that way, you know, given history of things and the different theaters the USA engaged, but then eurofags couldn't possibly understand that given their historical provinciality and lack of participation in the Pacific War.

More like the system is valid, but standards are kept atrociously low for political reasons. I mean with my master's degree plus extra classes in specific areas and a year's worth of further education on teaching and handling students I barely qualify for a teaching role in high school, whereas I'd be wayy overqualified in the US.

>Eurocentric name
Jesus christ, we're literally talking about the actual war the french and indian 'war' was a mere theather of. How can it even be taught without the necessary context?

>Yes, Americans reference the Pacific Theater and European Theater
Which is exactly what I said they did. My point is that they still call both of them "Theaters" of the same war. This is different from calling it its own war like they do with the Seven Years' War.