Why are you wasting your time lifting weights for the sole purpose of being able to do the same movement with even...

why are you wasting your time lifting weights for the sole purpose of being able to do the same movement with even heavier weights when you could be doing pic related things outdoors on the sun and get mad respect?

if getting vag is your priority then tricking and gymnastics will get you more of it than lifting ever will

youtube.com/watch?v=Q69nII2xTXk
youtube.com/watch?v=NUTO6psKGQk
youtube.com/watch?v=mxnAsktGLWA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rX4zPm95dAY
youtube.com/watch?v=1KY0zDr5t-E
tricktheory.com/,
gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fuck off

Do not test me

if I did this shit outside I'd be even more autistically conscious about myself, the moment someone would come over and be all "hey that's pretty cool :)" I'd drop my spaghetti so hard the world hunger would get solved

feeling lucky guy?

>If getting vag is your priority

Not gonna make it

If pulling chicks is a problem for you, neither lifting nor this crap will solve it, you fucking autist.

>Oh my god that guy can do really cool tricks, I want him to fuck me
>Said no girl ever

so when i go to work, where i have to lift heavy things, i'll just sommersault to the heavy object, stand on my hands and get the fuck out ?

im not your guy, buddy

I don't know how to get into this stuff

This.

Imagine if that someone was an attractive woman too. I'd freak the shit out.

>Straddle planche with hip tilt
>Good but not quite monster tier
>Reverses it into a Mana
>Goodbye humanity.

Damn thats awesome. How old is that guy?

The guy in the first video I mean.

who

simon ata, he's 26

is this english

planche = handstand looking position with feet in the air

manna = that V shape looking thing (torso to ceiling and legs to head)

Olympic gymnasts use resistance training too
Shut the fuck up you retarded sperg

Im going to the gym to gain muscle mass and get an aesthethic body (aka Bodybuilding), the weight are just a tool, I don't care about how much I bench or squat because I don't want to be a weightlifter

I'm saying, I saw his straddle planche with less than ideal hip positioning and thought (hey, that's pretty good, but not amazing), then I saw him reverse it into a Mana and thought (Holy shit, this guy is wicked strong)

With regards to the mana, there is speculation about whether or not certain body types can even do it, and if some are even able to do it if they have not been training in a dedicated fashion for many years.

The mana

"Hey user I can't lift this heavy box can you help me?"
"Sorry I'm really weak cause I think gymastics don't require lifting, but here I can do some cool flips for you"

what body types would be unable to do this?
You just need to move your center of gravity over your hands. What would make this impossible? Really short arms? kek

The manna is the hard one
youtu.be/rX4zPm95dAY

After further investigation it may not be as hard as I had thought. There are women that can do it.

Still a beastly move.

Flexibility and strength are big on it.
Planche is balance and strength.

You can do both with high bodyfat, but straight arm strength, anterior delts, pecs, lats, basically the whole upper body is involved.

>Teleports behind you with a loaded barbell
>"hehe how are your handstands gunna save you now?"
>unleash massive protein fart
>send out my natty warcry "NO GF"

would absolutely love to, purely for the appeal of training outside. Don't know how to start though

Man I love bodyweight training.
If I wasn't addicted to seeing my squat and deads go up I'd drop the gym completely and go calisthenics mode.

>i can't just add deadlifts to a gymnastic routine

>*dodges easily with my superior mobility*
>*handstand leaps in your direction while doing an L sit in midair*
>*my body is now a boomerang striking you endlessly until you faint*
>"heh, bet they didn't teach you that in the squat academy....nothing personnel"

Man, I love dragon flags and I know they're a legitimately good exercise , but I feel like a total fucking douche if I do them in the gym.

And here we can see a classic case of delusional narcicism

Kek, fat bodybuilders in denial mode

I get so much attention from my weighted pull ups and weighted dips in my gym, even if i'm weak as fuck in deadlifts and squats, everyone thinks i'm some sort of god (there has been people even saying that they already know i'm the shit so i can stop wrecking my body with the weighted dips and pullups)

I can even sense the milfs getting closer to me and getting wet from my raw gymnastic strength ability

You should see how the gym stops to look at me when i do my dragon flags

>weighted pull ups and weighted dips
To gymnasts, you're that guy who squats 3 plates on the Smith machine.

>see regular progress via putting more weight for your lifts
>pack on some mass within your first few months even if it's small it feels huge to a noob
>everyday chores get notably easier quickly
>posture gets better almost immediately

vs

>lay down like a fuccboi for a few months i swear you'll be able to do cool shit some day ;)

>weighted pull ups and weighted dips
> gymnastic strength

???

>gymnasts don't do strength training with weighted calisthenics

stay mad fattie

if your most bragworthy feat is simply weighted dips and chins, you're the fatty desu.

You'd probably need to lift to be able to do this shit.

stop being so mad holy fucking christ your face is red stop

HOLY FUCK I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS.
How do I start my training?

Skip frog stand.

Go band assisted tuck planche

Then advanced tuck planche

Then straddle planche

Then full planche.
Do 15 sets of 50% of your max hold time for a position.
Have perfect form. Learn hollow body.

Straight strength, elbow joint strength, and wrist flexibility are all very necessary. Not sure how long it takes to build those since I've had them from other training.

Hop on myo-tone multivitamin.

You can also supplement with forward leaning pike holds and band assisted full planches. Keep hollow position though.
Other resources
>Ido Portal
>Google
>YouTube how to planche

You're asking me to teach you how to get 1.5 bodyweight overhead press.

You have to immerse yourself and train. To reach elite strength you need to develop and understand how you best train.

Everything I told you is just a general guideline.

even powerfats can do weighted calisthenics.

Do you lift? What's your background? I'd like to do bodyweight stuff but I decided to try to after I've built up some strength (subplate bench & ohp for reference of my strength level) because the beginner progressions for BW seem agonizingly boring.

I do bodyweight with a Rippetoe twist.

Started out I'm gymnastics, then did barbell for football and collegiate cheer.

Now that I'm out of sports I do calisthenics and barbell.

Can now rep my bodyweight on The Press.
I'll probably hit 3*5 10 singles on one arm chin tonight.

Everyone advises against band assisted planche, but I made the most progress that way. It's teaching your body progressive overload at a more consistent pace.

Pro-tip though, learn hollow body, otherwise you'll fuck up

Save money for the Rotator cuff surgery

More likely to injure wrist or anterior deltoid.

Tbh.

height/weight?
and you keep mentioning hollow body, why is that so important? it seems just like one particular exercise

Does one arm chin bother your joints at all? Have you seen some sick gains from it? Mirin.

The labrum tear is a given for amateur gymnasts

routines for 120 lbs manlets

Yuh. Easy prehab to prevent it though. Best not to go in without a whole lot of research.

5'11" IRL
6' online.
165-169lbs depending on a few things. 166 pretty consistently right now.

Dog, let me tell you
I used decreasing pulley resistance to progressively overload. I had mild joint pain in the moment as well, but prior to this I was doing 6*5 regular chins with 45% of my bodyweight.

During OAC training I was doing lots of singles. Didn't stress the joints. No tendonitis.

I still get muscle soreness bone deep and feel like my arms have the flu from time to time. Training it never gets easier.

Joint soreness is minimal and doesn't persist after workout.
Strength gains? Yeah.

Size, kind of.

The bracing muscles around my shoulder are big. Biceps look thicc but not large. Lats have gotten bigger for sure. Wife noticed this.

bodyweight """training""" aka middle-school PE warmup will land you in nogainz zone permanently.

>Being this stupid

Clever programming. Singles are a useful tool I find, since the majority of joint stress I believe comes from reversing the motion under tension.

So your scapular muscles grew...makes sense because you have to prevent excessive internal/external rotation. I would have expected lats to blow up because of the crazy adduction.

The brachialis lies deep to the biceps brachii and can increase the peak if you focus on developing it. Check out exrx for some ideas.

Thanks for replying!

Yeah, early on I did a tone of one arm shrug work. Very necessary. Definitely lots of bracing strength.

Yeah, gotta keep elbow tucked to lat for good form.

Lately I find them to be MUCH more explosive now that I can rep them.

If I felt like I was lagging I would do negatives too.

I can't emphasize heavy singles enough though. Do them until you get the movement. Work up to where you can do a few singles a day. I would rest as much as half an hour between singles.

youtube.com/watch?v=1KY0zDr5t-E

no you're just weak.

strange that people who do it never have any problems unless you already had pre-existing injury.

if you start slow and not with your ego you will get flexible and strengthen shoulder and wrists in the process. that's why there is a progression system.

start by reading overcoming gravity book. you can find it online and buy a set of rings. it has tons of great general information, progression charts, detailed information on how to do each exercise, and a whole section dedicated on injury prevention and rehabilitation. it's a really good book worth reading.

the book is only about strength moves and such and not about flips, carthweels, etc. for that you need to learn about tricking (tricktheory.com/, youtube, or join a parkour type gym where people can teach you).

you can even watch at some breakdancing (bboy) tutorials and then combine all of the above moves into your workout to have some fun.

you can still continue to lift weights on the side, especially since all of the above stuff lacks any real leg work so deadlifts and squats are a great addition, not to mention how great decline handstand pushups translate to pressing lifts. even oly lifters are doing it constantly because of that reason.

> I'm not mad
> you're mad

But I don't have pull up bar so I have to use weights for my back and biceps, desu~

if you have money buy or find another way to get Foundation One book. It's what I work with.

Link if you're rich gymnasticbodies.com/gb-courses/foundation-series/

go and fuck off somewhere else with your fucking "COCK RINGS" or whatever you fucking cuck

I'm feeling fit, buddy.

gib pdf

It was pretty correct btw, don't feel sad my man. I noticed your good work

Go to /asp/ and look for the BWG. There's the names for each exercise but you'll have to search for the movements yourself.

I own all of Gymnasticbodies programs so I can give you some insight if you want to know if it's worth it

I have a repaired SLAP tear from baseball which is basically held together with staples. Am I fucked?

>dat kip
its not very much, but he did
good for upper body and core and balance, but 1) you need to start fairly young
2)try doing that shit when youre 40
kip

Can I do this shit without rings? I have nowhere to put rings, I just want to do a planche

>its not very much, but he did
Even with kipping your fat ass would never be able to do a one arm pullup

Don't care about being part of that culture

Don't feel elitist about one type of training

Don't want to be as DYEL as him

just accessory stuff with 15 kg weighted bar, weighted dips and The Press usually

Why would you want to look like that?

Why no legs?

>dat projection

/bwg/ is dead and /asp/ is 'big guys(4u) acting out their fantasies' forum now

because heavy legs are dissadvantage in almost every event.
they got their leg strength from tumbling, jumping

>Landwhale detected

Why is /bwg/ dead, I always liked the idea of it being there for when I will need it

because /asp/ was overtaken by wrestling cucks and on Veeky Forums people shitpost too much

/asp/ looks absolutely cancerous from the few times I've been there. Bunch of kids discussing their favourite homosexual soap opera. It's not even a sport, dunno why those threads weren't banned from the get go.

Wrestling is far more of a sport than powerlifting or bodybuilding

You can't be serious. Powerlifting JUST qualifies as a sport, bodybuilding is a contest and wrestling is a show. If wrestling is a sport then so is ballet or circus.

I think he means proper wresting, not the entertainment shit on TV

>Wrestling aka I'm totally not gay, I just really love getting another mans ssweaty dick wrestled in my face
Absolute faggotry - the perfect sport for Veeky Forums

But what if I'm straight?

>Veeky Forums
>straight
Suuure

Hike with 40 lbs of gear.
Now, get your squats and deadlift up to 1.5 BW and 2.0 BW and do the same thing.
It's a lot easier when you're stronger.

dyels lmao

This lmao OP i used to do a Maltese followed up by 1 arm chin ups in 7th grade.

>circus
don't shit talk the circus performers. They are way beyond the level of anyone here.