Is talking to yourself crazy?

Is talking to yourself crazy?

I thought it was (mildly), but a simple Google search made it seem like you're the next Ted Bundy if you do it often.

I talk to myself too, you are not alone OP

If you do it in your head, then there's nothing wrong with it

If you do it out loud, you're a degenerate

i know a few languages and i always talk to myself in foreign language in my head. don't know why

nothing wrong with talking to yourself

once you start talking back; that's when the problems arise

This. Thinking out loud or questioning stuff here and there is okay, though annoying to others if you do it out loud too often. There's a problem when you start doing it out loud frequently kr you find yourself having full blown back and forth conversations.

i have no friends and talking loud to the voice in my head makes me feel like i have one

>having a dialogue with yourself is bad
You don't reach any philosophical conclusions if you just allow your thoughts to stream singularly without insight.

Lmao I do that too.

>watching youtube
>person in video says something interesting
>pause video and have a conversion with the person in my head
>start video again when i have nothing more to say

This is normal right?

>internal monologue is the same thing as talking to yourself
Being retarded is degenerate

you don't reach philosophical conclusions by arguing with yourself out loud.

There's nothing wrong with internal monologue, however when you're having a debate or argument with yourself in public it's a sign of insanity.

Quads confirm

Also post pic of your quads

>in public
Isn't that the keyword? You can talk to yourself all you want as long as you maintain a stable public persona.

I look at my consciousness like a different individual in my head. It's still part of me but a part I can't exactly control it its way of thoughts so I mostly just observe it and sometimes learn something from a random thought

No, I'm pretty sure having full blown conversations with yourself in private is still a problem. Especially if you're doing it out loud and you are legitimately questioning yourself and asking a question expecting a reply you couldn't have formulated on your own, without asking the question. It implies someone is there, ready with an answer and it's not your having a philosophical argument or thinking, it's literally someone else answering the question.

E.g.
"Where did I leave my keys? ...Oh right I left them in the drawer."

Is okay.

"Where did I leave my keys?"
>"You left them in the drawer, pal"
"Thanks, voice"

Is not okay, and is a sign you should go see a doctor.

Any type of voice heard in your head is deemed insane, even if you're reading quietly. The mind must be completely thoughtless function sanely.

No, you can imagine a voice in your head when you're reading to say the words. Thats okay. It's a problem if you have a voice in your head that'd talking to you without your explicit thoughts and direction on the exact words that voice is saying. Like if there's another person in there and you can't control what the voice is saying you have to seek medical attention inmediately.

i always get that right before i fall asleep. just my thoughts wandering off and i hear incoherent words, but just for a couple of seconds before i drift off completely

Everyday when i take my dogs for a walk i start having conversations with myself, mostly in my head but my lips will start moving and sometimes i say shit outloud.
Idk if its just me being lonely or crazy

I mean when you get a new piece of information you want to integrate it into your world view and that can take some work, im not sure about a conversation but I certainly evaluate things from many angles when I first learn them

I think my brain is much more visually/graphically oriented though, I imagine things as shapes and metaphors, if your brain is more auditory focused you might have a conversation...

You guys are having me worried damn it, I quite regularly converse with myself about stuff I am puzzled about. I am much more reliable than anyone else as a second insight.

> have both Tourettes and crippling social anxiety
> when I'm alone, can't control the obscene shit that comes out of my mouth
> but luckily, when I'm at work, etc. social anxiety wins and it doesn't come out... So far
> it's been like this for years
> live in fear every day that one day at work I'm just going to blurt out some obscenely racist shit for no apparent reason and get fired

I talk out loud but not to myself. I usually make up a scenario and talk as though I'm speaking to someone else, like I'm arguing about something or explaining a concept to them. It helps me clarify things to myself and prepares me mentally for if I ever need to have a similar conversation in real life. Not sure if that's the same thing as talking to yourself but I'm completely sane either way. My diagnosis would be X =/= Y. There are people who talk to themselves because they're crazy, but talking to yourself doesn't make you crazy.

You're making it out to be too black and white. You can talk to yourself without literally talking to yourself. When people talk to themselves they're aware that there's not actually someone there giving them information they didn't already know, it's just a good thinking exercise to say things out loud and let your thoughts mellow out in the open. You shouldn probably try it sometime, I'd say it's less normal to never have had a conversation with yourself than it is to have regular conversations with yourself.

You're a fucking idiot. As a med student, I often have full blown discussions with myself regarding diagnosis and it is invaluable.

If you do it out loud you should steal some meds for yourself

hi, jessica, so what is the program today FUCKING CUNT

You need to see a real doctor, pal.

I guess someone like you who has a shitty job with 0 pressure would never understand the merit of debating against oneself over the laudry list of drugs' effects, surgery routes, internal vs external fixation.

I have a great job with 0 pressure, you're a student who talks to himself.
Seek help little guy.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, mr. >tfwnogf :)

societies definition of "crazy" is vapid af so i wouldn't sweat it m8.

Funny how no one mentioned girlfriends but your first choice of projection was tfwnogf.

You sound like one of the >tfwnogf crowd, since you REEEEE against something that you dismiss but works for others. Same mindset of redpills and all that.

I don't belive in god or anything, but i sometimes think out loud just in case heaven is real and my parents can hear me.

Like i explain what my thought process was if i make a mistake lol

No. Sometimes things make a little more sense if "spoken" even if it's to yourself. You should be aware you're talking to yourself though, or else it's schizophrenia.

user if you're talking to yourself and not in control of what the voice is saying, you have a mental illness because there's a second personality in your head. It's that simple.

I like to plan out conversations and future scenarios in my head, like when I'm going to a party or what not
Anyone else do this?

I talk to myself

But my whole point is that I AM both voices.

Like what this user says Talking to myself and discussing clinical cases, procedures, qualities of certain drugs, how to approach a surgery, etc is vital to finding weak spots, making corrections and force myself to think of all the angles I can.

Not some OMFGWHODISTALKINGINMYHEAD?11 voice.

See now it's fine if it's you hearing a voice in your head that you're making occur on your own because you're thinking about something or reading. You want to get medical attention when the voice starts talking randomly, you can't stop it, or if its sharing a conversation with you and brings new information to the table you weren't aware about and wouldn't have been aware of without the voice. Doesn't matter if it's your voice you hear or not, if you aren't in control, there's a problem.

I seriously hope most of the anons in this thread condoning voices in your head are confused with the voice you imagine hearing when reading or thinking, and not actually suggesting it's a good idea to hear voices you can't control.

Now I understand what you/other Anons meant about hearing voices and agree.

Seek help, guys who hear voices.

I sometimes talk to myself like I'm recording a vlog or podcast to upload to youtube, as if I'm talking to my audience. I don't have a channel though and likely never will. Am I autistic?

user stop arguing with yourself

BOB SAGET

I reply to myself in threads

yeah, I hear the voices too

I only have back and forth coherent conversations outloud when I'm tripping acid. If you're having back and forth conversations sober pls turn in your guns, or kys, pls no bully muh 2 amendment

Its Pretty normal to mutter things to yourself and essentially think aloud, but if you start like answering your self and having a conversation like theres two competing opinions or some shit you're pretty wack i think.

It's normal to monologue to yourself. I do the same and it helps me to think through my opinions in subjects and helps my public speaking.

But he is alone.

kek'd then shot myself for heresy.

how come?
i catch myself talking to myself when im deep in thought. For example, when im studying at the library, i'd talk to myself and i catch the person next to me staring at me

Just lobotomize yourself already

theres nothing wrong with having conversations with yourself
kids talk to themselves all the time and they even form imaginary characters with toys. we have lost touch with our inner child thats what makes us lack imagination

kek

I talk to myself a lot because my friends would probably think I'm clinically insane for the things I think and knowing where I live I'd run the chance of getting arrested for "hate speech".

>Is talking to yourself crazy?

No, I'd go so far to say that verbalizing your thoughts is healthier than not doing so. It helps you organize your thoughts if you say them and also make some things obvious that weren't while they were just thoughts in your head. Also, if you ever plan to interview for work that requires problem solving (coding) if you aren't used to verbally going through your logic step, by step while doing something you are fucked.

This might be a stretch but it helps me think philosophically as well. If I think of something I like to say the thought aloud to hear how ridiculous I sound. If I think the thought actually sounds dumb/shocking/whatever I begin to question why I think so and from that I might figure out why an idea should be dismissed or why it shouldn't. If an idea is still worthwhile after I've decided I shouldn't be ashamed of saying it I search for a more eloquent way to say that if curry gobbling beach shitters behave like animals modern societies should treat them as such.