Squatting with just the bar is tough

>Squatting with just the bar is tough

wtf when does this get easier? My legs are weak as shit starting out, is it abnormal to start squatting with just the bar?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it gets easier when you stop being a whiny pussy as bitch

Follow a program like SS or SL 5x5 and eat in a surplus.
You'll easily be adding weight up to 1pl8 without having to deload

Do not worry about it, you will get stronger. Eat a lot, sleep more and continue lifting. Consistency will get you stronger
Dont compare yourself to others, it is unhealthy

I started strong lifts 5x5 since it was recomended for newbies. Did deadlifts, bench press and squats asking some locals for form. But squats just fucked my shit up even with just the bar, is it normal to be this weak in the legs?

I'm gonna keep it up for sure tho

Linear progression up to 3pl8 then hop on an intermediate progression like Madcow or Texas Method. try not to get fat though

Good luck

you overthinking it, chest up, sit down, sit up

It's fine to start squatting with the bar. We all have to start somewhere.

Focus on your form. It's more important than being able to lift heavy.

could shit form make it tougher than it should be?

Not really.

I started with just the bar but that was only to get my form right before adding weight, starting out 5 months ago I could squat 30kg (5rep max) and now I'm on 2pl8

Try different stances, maybe a wider one with your knees flared a bit more. Learn to brace your core (belly breathing) and try to bend the barbell around your back, kinda like a horseshow.

Same. I know I could deadlift bodyweight or some shit...but I can only do the bar for squatting. I get tired just from taking one flight of stairs and I'm not fat. I'm literally that weak of a skelly, as strong as sloots

horseshoe

With every rep, try to improve your form. It is a long process, dont stress out too much about it.

Read Starting Strength. Watch this video: /watch?v=BK1a6VHQTHQ

Eat a lot, don't worry about your abs, you're probably an auschwitz survivor anyway. Keep adding weight to the bar. Keep at it and you'll get stronger.

Of course, I linked the wrong fucking video.
youtube.com/watch?v=bs_Ej32IYgo

Starting that low is a blessing in many ways - the rate you improve will be incredible. Your nervous system will adapt to this new thing you keep making it do and the weight you can handle will go up quickly before you even add significant muscle.

Keep going and you'll be up to 135 within a few weeks. I started with no bar at all and was sore as fuck. Within a few months I could do 185 for reps, former xc runner skelly --> video games and drinking --> jacked by normie standards.

I'm the same but with ohp

>could not doing something correctly make the thing harder?
hurr durr
Practice squats at home in front of a mirror, read starting strength or the sl website

With OHPs you lift a lot less than with squats. By the time you get to 1pl8 you'll have a bretty gud physique

m8 1pl8 ohp is pretty mediocre

not to normies

I thought Veeky Forums hated le epic beard man?

but we're not normies, are we user?

No, it's just this one guy trying to force a meme for a few years now. Alan is one of the better "fitness" youtubers, but then again I don't care about guys like David Laid or Geoffrey Sides.

1pl8 ohp still made me look like a dyel

>tfw can't hold the bar on my back with a tight grip because my arms won't bend that far back
>have to have my arms all the way out like i'm touching the weights

what do?

i heard doing 'shoulder dislocations' with a broom or something will help as it might be a pectoral issue. i don't understand why i can't get that proper position, i mean it's either my arms are all the way out or i'm gonna have to do front squats because ss says a tighter arm position is better.

you have to stretch your pecs/delts basically just keep doing it with a broom

you have no flexibility that's all

yeah i thought that might be the problem. guess i'll keep at it. i've also heard a good stretch it to put both hands on a doorframe and kind of lean forwards on it.

Hi newfag, yes, it does get a lot easier. I started out not able to squat the bar a couple of months ago and now I can do almost 2pl8, you just have to get to the gym and actually squat, it'll get a lot easier but you have to stick with it.