What do/did you major in, Veeky Forums?

What do/did you major in, Veeky Forums?

What were the people like?

Medicine

Outrageously keen. Don't get me wrong, the human body is fascinating, and I love what I do. But I really don't know how some people have the relentless energy to work that they do. After getting up at some god awful hour, working a normal working day (for free, I'm not getting paid. Technically I'm paying 9 grand a year to come to work), exercise and dinner - I have the energy for like a couple hours revision before flagging. Some people I know are working from the moment they get up to the moment they go to sleep. You've honestly never seen anything like it.

Biomedical Engineering

Weak and unathletic

computer engineering

everyone is antisocial and skinny

Computer Science

antisocials, autists, faggots, ugly and annoying women

the occasional cool guy I made friends with

I did my time, now it's time to make my money

Physics

I dont know any of them

Chemistry

Male dominated (but not to the same extent as physics, engineering, compsci)
Only one fatass, who traveled around on a mobility scooter
Very few autists for a STEM course but no chads either. Everyone was just "normal"
I was easily the most Veeky Forums although most guys did some kind of sport

Mathematics

Surprisingly diverse

Computer Science and Business it's a mix of obnoxious faggots and losers (70%) and some really cool dudes and hit chicks.

B.S. in biology

pretty good population distribution of people types really

Currently getting my M.S.P.S in Biotechnology.

There's like 4 of us, one is like me that lifts a bunch but also drinks a bunch. Other 2 are quiet, odd, and friendly.

PharmD
4:1 female to male ratio
Cute wife material girls
Guys were mostly scrawny arabs
The few guys who did lift stood out
Group study led to loads of sex after tests

Economics

Ugly boyz everywhere. Frail as well.

I doubled in Math and Finance

Math is v diverse, like the other user said a couple posts up. Some of my classes have more dudes in them, but in general its like 60-50/40-50 guys/girls. The girls are fairly normally distributed in terms of attractiveness. You could say the same about the guys I guess. I know a bunch of Math majors who lift. Most of them are pretty dorky and weird/awkward.

Finance is 50% frat bros, 30% weird dudes, 15% cool guys, 5% girls. most of the guys look like they lift.

Finance

Electronic Engineering, in UK.

Unathletic Skinny Nerds, and unathletic fat nerds. Coolest guy on the course was a Romanian dude who played football. I was a runner.

I wonder what makes them like that

Computer Science

Obnoxious manchildren and "nerdy" girls

Currently finishing my AA in marketing, haven't really met anyone who's into it really, mainly online classes and the ones on campus, i've never really connected with them, mainly because I don't have much time

ITT: everyone I went to university with was a weak nerd except me

Welding
Rednecks, burnouts, and a handful of decent people. The decent people and I got jobs before graduating.

biology specializing in agriculture

a lot of fucking annoying farm kids most of whom are incognito xenophobic, but there were some decent people too. City people were usually nice but fuck all asian women, they are the scum of the earth and I don't know why anyone tolerates their existence

i was just the quiet skinny guy in a sea of 80% women, didn't mingle a lot with people in my program, all but 1 of my friends are in different majors

Currently studying business. Going to transfer over to law enforcement and later get a degree on something useful in that field.

Business school is full of frat bros, kids whose parents are rich and lol moneys people in general. Not my type of bunch, everyone is giving minimum effort in classes and tries to ride on people who actually do study.

Geography and Urban Studies - bunch of bleeding heart liberals and alternative people
I am planning on attending grad school for Urban Planning this fall.

Business Administration

Second to Physical Therapy in the amount of frat like parties, most people don't give a shit and are going the whole "C's get degrees" route.

I'm doing it so when I get into law school I can have a diverse portfolio, but still nobody gives a shit. It could be worse though, gender studies still tops the charts in retards per square inch.

math

the guys are mostly skinny alternative nerd guys and autists

the girls are mostly fat except for the ones in math education

Masturbation.

Not much social interaction but the people I studied usually have low self esteem, self worth and would go to great lenghts to get small amounts of cash.

plumbing/heating

very similar to this except there were granola people in some of our classes because we had alternative heating methods and grey water systems

Aerospace Engineering

Most of my classmates are actually not ugly, most of the girls are though. Almost all of them think they are way more important then they actually are though. Only like 1% lift.

Theology
People are nice, but not really the "party and drinking"-types.
I only know 2 other guys who work out, but theres also some cardio bunnies.

I think it's for a desire for status or to live up to the standards their parents put on them. My nephew and his newly wed bought a lawyer practice and work atleast 14 hours a day just to be able to pay off the loans they got to buy the practice. Their parents are filthy rich and succesfull. It's also the reason the girl married him, she doesn't really like him bit was pressured by her family to marry someone else from a prestigious family.
I'm really close with her and she tells me everything. We also fool around behind everyones back at family gatherings.
Most of these people actually hate their lives but are in too deep and are really afraid to dissapoint their family. Last christmas she said me fucking her raw is the most exiting and "dangerous" thing she's ever done and is the only time she feels alive.
Feel pretty bad for her desu.

History.

A lot of girls and beta looking "intellectual" males.

Philosophy

A bunch of potheads being potheads, a bunch of women that are acting like men to show they're not weak, lots of vegans and one guy that lifts. Most are pretty cool. The rest is garbage.

Computer Information Systems

The people sucked. Mostly fat fucks. Lazy and no work ethic. Wanted to be spoon fed. Thought they were elite hackers, but were actually retarded.

Sounds just like the poli sci classes I took.

Perhaps because some matters are shared between the two fields.

Nonetheless, it's rather cute to have an argumentation lesson, then listen to the shitty ones that vegans use to justify their choice of life.
>mankind ain't made to eat meat/drink milk waaah
>mankind literally ate meat for thousand of years

Do you also have some pretentious, prig people?

>art

it didn't work out

mathematics
in the higher level math classes and physics especially there might have been one girl between the four of my classes and she was easily over 300 pounds
the guys were about what you would expect, skinny, fat, lacking social skills, timid

pharmacology

the folks were okay. standard lifesci crowd
> female dominated (lotta qts)
> dudes were either beta white guys or studious FOB asians
> no one really lifted except for me

how's the work after? been debating getting my pharmD after I wrap up my master's

culinary arts

really dumb idea. if you can cook, you cook for years and eventually have enough experience to chef. if you have a degree in culinary arts, you cook for years and eventually have enough experience to chef. schooling makes 0 difference, and working in kitchens is severely overworked and underpaid.

but the dorms were 80% female, 19% fat/retarded guys. not a lot of competition, so i had a good time.

That's interesting, I mainly asked that because my mom has been on my ass about school and whatnot. She keeps asking why it seems like I don't care/why do you not work hard like other people's children/there are wealthy children who still work hard so why can't you.

I just wanted some insight into how some of those people really think.

Petroleum engineering. A lot of hick nerds but thats because I went to WVU

Music management. A lot of hipsters. lots of People who think they're special or alternative. Could mostly only talk about music and take themselves a bit too serious sometimes, + a lot of attention Whores. But always Found some really cool People as Well, I think it's just my inability to cope with The same People for too long.

Electrical Engineering. Lots of unathletic skinny or fat or both nerds, quite a few pakis who are getting a degree here and are funded by their home country. Surprisingly, one of the only buff dudes I met here was this paki who is definitely on gear.

I remember my first two years I saw a few buff dudes and even a few girls in my intro courses and then realized later on that they were civil or mechanical engineers and I would never see them again. The ones that were doing electrical just dropped out because they are weak willed.

I'm going to start studying business this coming fall semester. Every day I read sales/finance books for at least two hours, watch interviews with successful people and apply to every sales internship known to man (within 10 miles). I genuinely wish to succeed in the business world but your words discourage me; will the education be as lackluster as those who study it? Planning on going to FAU or FIU (can't afford anything else).

History.

People who subscribe to history meme facebook pages like "Meticulous Mongolian Memes" and who shitpost in /gsg/.

Finance major

This is accurate, although I would say the % of girls at my University was higher.

80%+ were also prestige obsessed douchebags

>fucking nephew's wife
>CuckedByUncle.jpg

you only took four higher level courses?

Political Science

lots of of beta liberal men and weirdos who definitely don't lift. solid amount of hot girls. decent amount of military guys and fraternity bros who definitely lift

I love this major but unless I go to law school (which I can't afford) I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it

It's the will to help other people that keeps them going on.
Medicine majors truly are a Godsend. They spend all their time just for the chance to help other people. Thank your nurses and doctors lads.

>hit chicks
In black slang, hit means ugly. Is that what you meant too?

nahh, fuck em

he probably meant hip

>solid amount of hot girls
Lucky, no such luck at my Uni Just fat libs and feminists with the occasional qt

you should run for Senate in Kentucky

I can't speak on academics but guy has some of the finest women in the country. FAU is pretty lame, I visited there last spring break there's nothing to do

Oh fuck I meant cousin I would never cuck my nephew.

Environmental Science

Pretty diverse group, split about 50/50 guys and girls.

Mostly nice, genuine people.

Also chemsitry seconding this, but half the people either drink hard or do drugs since we're all getting cancer anyways

Geology

50/50 split, nice people with the occasional basement dweller, lifter here and there, people in general kinda fit, field trips involving long hikes with equipment sort out the fatties

I'm in Engineering.

The people here are fucking horrible. THe few girls get orbited like fuck unless they band together to repel the weirdos. I have a gf and I'm Veeky Forums so I get used as an anti neckbeard shield.

Half of these faggots won't stop referring to themselves as engineers, despite us only just finishing fucking first year.

Around half of them have a superiority complex. that makes them think they're better than everybody because they're eng students, despite all of us being engineering students too.

A lot of them think being able to solve maths problems in a controlled environment is all there is to this course. I'm not the best at that, and the amount of flak I've copped for it is honestly fucking ridiculous. Nevermind the fact that every single groupwork assignment I've ended up doing a lot of the coordinating and managing for these autists, because they're basically fucking incapable of solving problems or coming up with ideas. It got to the point where I had to tell a guy exactly what to research for our assignment and where he could find the information; he fucking boarderline plagiarized it so hard the teacher seriously considered having us redo it. That's happened more than once.

The few bros I've met all seem to be the dudes who had girlfriends or social lives before entering this hellhole. There are also a few semi-racist rich which fucks who went to private schools who look down on me because I went to a public school. It's actually kinda funny, since they're invariably kinda shit at this. Nobody really likes them, especially since our school has a high amount of exchange students and they are really fucking racist.

There are a few normies too, but they kinda annoyed me. They're loud and seem to form one or two cliques like we're back in bloody highschool. I think I'm just salty since I was in a class without my friends with a bunch of them, and I found out they made shitty jokes about me sitting alone.

I go to a huge party school and I'm in a fraternity so I see a lot of qts on the daily

I'd love to be a politician honestly

cont because I'm fucking raging now and can't stop.

The fact that I sat alone to focus on that classs (which was a very hard class for me) instead of talking about the toga party only 15 people showed up to apparently wasn't good enough for them.

Also, a lot of them have no interests bar engineering. Half of them are choosing minors that will help them in eng, which is fine, but their reasoning isn't that they think they'll enjoy them; their reasoning is that they'll help them be an engineer better. While that's OK, it's very soulless. A lot of them also don't seem to enjoy engineering. They just want the money and status they associate with it.

Me and a roidbro are literally the only lifters in that entire fucking faculty too. There are a few people who go to the gym and do meme routines you'd find in men's fitness but they don't know a think about nutrition or how to lift. One of my friends is setting up a home gym, though, so I might have a lifting buddy eventually. Everybody in our school's lifting club also looks like a tremendous dyel faggot too.
Jesus christ I hate so many of these people. They're so rage inducing. Every day something new happens that makes me get angry.

adderall

lmao I do engineering too and I can sorta echo this sentiment

No one really lifts except for the chad white people, and most people in the entire course have this holier-than-thou "I'm an enlightened engineer" attitude despite the only engineering we've actually done is a bit of physics and mostly calculus (just finished first year).

There's no girls here, thank fuck I'm double-degreeing with economics/finance (Ausfag)

More likely, he meant "hot"

Hey, I'm an Ausfag too! I'm in Melbourne, so everybody here is a hipster.

But yeah, you definitely get me. The holier than thou attitude is honestly the biggest peeve I have with these guys. It's like they just can't understand that getting into engineering isn't what makes them an engineer. It's finishing the damn course.

I'm pretty new to lifting, so I don't exactly look huge, but among engineering students I'm probably more Veeky Forums than half of them, despite a lot of them "hitting the gym". And by that I mean using machines and dumbbells. Really frustrating. It's like being surrounded by permanent NYEfags.

Nothingm I already got my PhD in being NEET.

No shit senpai I go to melbourne uni

wbu?

Accounting,

Extremely autistic. Or maybe that was just me.

I'm at Swinburne. So much wrong with this school. How're you finding Melbourne uni?

yeah that makes more sense.

Mechanical Engineering.

There was the group of smart people who always asked questions and talked with the professors. Everyone else was pretty normal and in their own groups of friends. A few people including myself were by themselves. There were like 5 girls in my graduating class, one of which was pretty cute and I regret not talking to her.

Digital design; an amalgamation between graphic design and computer science.

Depended on the classes I took. Lots of normies in Web design, bunch of libtards in the graphic design, and full on basement dwellers in comp sci

I'm business comm right now but going to switch to either Poli sci or public administration next year.

>Any "communication" degree
Lmao are you a woman?

poli sci guy above

I loved my public administration class

I basically realized that my floor (career wise) is to get a comfy government desk job and start working towards a pension/retirement

Kinesiology
50/50 Chad to cardiobunny ratio with the occasional failed athlete. Pretty much everyone in my major lifts

Why do you have those feelings towards Asian women?

Hey. You're a piece of shit.

>engineers

hahaha

Electronic Engineering.

A lot of arrogant assholes with superiority complexes, due to it being probably the most reputable course in the university, and it makes the most money. Heavily male-dominated, only two girls.

Very competitive and full of high achievers, you can tell most of these guys were top of their class in high school.

There's one other guy I see at the gym regularly. Mainly does body weight stuff, he's a black belt in some obscure martial art I've never heard of. Pretty cool guy, if a bit intense.

I'm very competitive myself so I fit right in I guess.

Visual Arts

Everyone is above average with money, lots of depressed/neurotic/anxious people, some are potheads, but less than people imagine, good sense of fashion, most are leftists, blasé look in their eyes, 1/3 is gay, everyone is very kind in general but a bit selfish, some are really engaged in very specific shit like knowing everything about chinese astrology, or minerals, or how to build wooden boats, or working on radical ecology projects. In Veeky Forums terms, some are skeleton mode, but most are normie mode and there are almost no fat people. Practically no one lifts or even cares about it, some disdain it, but overall people are active, they do yoga, some dance or martial art, or simply heavy work in their workshops.

Very interesting people, I like them. The major problem is basically that people are anxious and you can tell everyone is about to drop their spaghetti. We ourselves are trying to understand why is that so.

>accounting
lots of asians and jews, barely any blacks
lots of antisocials. they do nothing other than study, study, study
everyone is delusional in the way that they think they will get a high paying job with their 3.8GPA right out of college and wont start off at entry level doing bookkeeping shit

My experiece was that most were on par with vapid shocktop, maragrita, and starbucks chugging valley girls. Very spoiled, dishonest, and retarded. they get expelled or failed for not so stealthily cheating on the reg. What was your issues with em?

Electrical Engineering

Surprisingly diverse. I go to a top 5 program in the US, so there were your fair share of geniuses who excelled at academics. There were a good number of frat bros and Chads, a huge number of international kids who were all ripped for some reason and a ton of normies who studied all the time. Pretty good people overall. The few women were weird as hell though

Chemical Engineering

Went to a top 5 engineering school so everybody was really smart and a hard worker. Was probably the rare mix of really cool and outgoing people but still interested in what they do. Not socially awkward and also not super competitive. Generally really friendly.

Not too many people went to the gym though. Despite having an awesome gym facility I think it was just me and like 6 other dudes in my year of a group of 80 of which 50 were guys.

Economics, intl business (bachelors). I did a masters too but my cohort was only 10 people at UCLA

econ courses full of nerds
intl business courses full of self-perceived 'managers', aka controlling and unpleasant

hot girls tho

Civil engineering and specialized in water resources

Interesting mix of nerds, chads, and rednecks.

>Visual Arts
AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
you're wasting your life buddy

Software engineering

Freshman year: Exactly what you'd expect. Smelly. Fattties. Slobs. Autism. Barley any women, most with blue hair. People with no direction but 'like computers.' Lazy assholes. I purposefully asked for a dorm room in a different hall than the engineering majors.

Once the herd starts thinning because the tards flunked out for playing games all day the crowd got better.

Of the people that made it to graduation: Socially competent nerds, some even partied and were well-adjusted enough, just a bit boring to hang out with. There were a few irredeemable shut-ins.

>ctrl+f engineering
>23 matches

>mathematics, physics, computer science the other most popular ones

what a surprise

what else is there

t. aspie

Majored in basically exercise science. Most of the people in the major I guess were relatively smart and usually pretty fit/active/good looking people. Most had a career track like physical therapy, medical school, dental school, some other kind of health-related focus

I stuck out like a sore thumb. Manlet, skinny as fuck, ugly as fuck, weird, quiet guy while I look around at how hot all the girls are, how ripped and handsome the guys, everyone friends with each other and knows each other.

Same dude, you worried about jobs?

Finance and International Business

I live in NYC so it's a good finance center. I was considering comp sci at one point but I knew I couldn't defeat the hoard of Indians so I decided to make use of tits and my poly linguistic advantage. I was born Korean, speak read and write it fluently. Learned advanced spanish in HS and MS. Learned Chinese in college and speak fluent english. It's nice to take 1 hr lunch breaks.

Only downside is I have to do random business phone calls at night back to Asia and my entire group is white men and older white women (it's literally nothing else up there)

Is anyone here in HR?

I've been thinking about going for that field mainly because I am getting sick and tired of my accounting field.

I know hr is full of crazy landwhales, but I feel like it is a lot easier than accounting. I've seen some entry lvl HR assistant job opening up in my area. I don't need a degree or really any experience, so I might also look into that.

electrical engineering
autists galore
only 2 girls in most of my classes

Just graduated with an electrical engineering degree. Pretty much workaholics but normal otherwise. It's the computer engineers and Comp sci majors who are meme spouting autists

majored in theater and work in insurance