Best Beginner/Intermediate Routine

Opinion thread: Which routine is the best for losing fat and building a good/ripped physique and why?

1. Mark Rippetoe's Starting Strength
2. Reg Park's Beginner 5x5
3. Bill Starr's Linear 5x5
4. Jim Wendler's 5/3/1
5. The Texas Method
6. Joe DeFranco's "Built Like a Badass"
7. Greg "Kinobody" O'Gallagher's "Warrior Shredding"

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157436453
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bumpity Bump

Phraks Greyskull LP

None. Those routines exist as cash grabs to get you to buy books and other products. The best tried and true method is:
>4x8 bench press
>4x8 curls
>jog/bike as much as you can for legs
>20 setups + pushups before bed

Just stick to that every day and you'll be set.

How about candito's linear program strength/hypertrophy?

AlphaDestiny's novice program.

So this, essentially...

>confirmed for not making it

SS, or other starting program (like SL) until you dont advance anymore. Should be like 3 months.

Then switch to any of he others.

Really, which beginner program you do is really irrelevant. Your body doesnt need much volume to grow at that point anyway.

>starting strength
>any "strength"-based routine
They all fall for it, don't they?

fuck off shill. The fitness world is already intimidating enough without people trying to scam newbies left and right for shit useless products they dont even need. If you have buyers remorse, then fine, but don't try to prey on other people to justify your shit decisions.

>Implying you actually need to buy anything besides a gym membership.

Everything is in the internet now grampa. Anyway, enjoy your nogainz.

Any bros have a solid dumbbell routine that is not a brosplit

I just took Reddits PPL as base and modified it , progressing and seing some decent gains.

Greyskull LP any good?

Painfully stupid

>Sell dumbells 1x1.
>Buy a barbell 1x1.
>Do an actual workout 5xfc

Legitimately a curlbro routine

you're delusional. none of those routines will do what you want, because what you want cannot be accomplished in a few months. in a few months you can either add some muscle mass or lose a lot of fat. that's the best you can hope for. you're not ripped at the end of it, you're either just somewhat bigger and stronger or leaner, but not both. if you want to get anywhere close to ripped as a natty you need to lift and add muscle mass for a long time while doing routines appropriate for your level of training advancement. also, diet is more important than routine. when you finally have a good amount of muscle mass you can cut down to low bf% and pray your strength and size isn't flushed down the toilet at the same time. it's a long, slow process and not about "hurr which beginner routine will make me ripped"

thanks for rippling the toe need virgin.

3x10

I wasn't claiming a routine will get one ripped if one were to follow through with it bro, but I do appreciate your input. Just wondering what opinion-wise would be a good routine to follow through in order to advance and eventually reach one's goals

what mods did you make for it?

I think scooby only uses dumbbells these days, look at his youtube channel and compile the exercises he demos into a routine

also, anything you do with a barbell you can do with dumbbells...deadlift, benchpress, OHP, etc

except backsquats. you can still squat while holding dumbbells, tho

Threw in some more isolations for Back and and Biceps on Pull Day for example.

honestly had it right. Squats and deadlifts are very dangerous, and they don't affect your look/strength as much as rippetoe cultists think. You can gain similar strength just from biking, but if you insist on getting extra leg work and have a gym membership, you can do box jumps.

>Squats and deadlifts are very dangerous

Pussy. You ain't gonna make it.

PPL + 250 calories surplus

I bet you grow a beard because you think it's "manly" too. I fucking hate this generation of numales.

kek

Why surplus? I got the impression OP wants a lean physique.

so you do leg press only I take it and also use a smith machine? Nice tell me about this new Starting Bitchmode routine you're doing

is it possible to work out without weights/bar?
trying to git fit at home but all i got is 10lb dumbells
will bodyweight exercises suffice or will i have to get a gym membership

no that loster but you'd probably want to add in a bit of a surplus to account for 1) having different calorie requirements/ differences in nutrient composition of food and 2) allow for some growth so you can progress in terms of weight. Maybe a tiny cut at the end would really help

Push, Pull, Legs

Wondering that too actually, otherwise I'll probably have to buy a Squatting Rack, Barbell, 2 Dumbells and a Chin-up bar (Did I forget anything if I wish to have all the necessary equipment?)

Reddit PPL if you wanna look good and make strength gains.

What equipment does one need to be able to fully workout at home instead of going to a gym?

I mean, the best bumpity way to workout is alone after all.

8/10 I was think you were serious

Bodyweight will work for a while but not a long while. Eventually your body capabilities along with the weightloss will surpass your bodyweight. Also, if you literally mean "at home" there's even less bodyweight exercises available without equipment.

PPL has lots of volume 6 times a week, you're going to need a surplus and alot of rest to run it in the beginning.

when your body adjusts you'll be making the best natty gains of your fucking life

no one should be cutting until they can bench 2pl8 (yes, YOU CAN MAKE STR GAINS ON A PPL)

You shouldn't cut before you've made your beginner gains because you'll look like dogshit and feel even worse.

google 'reddit bodyweight fitnsss'.

Fuck, I'm convinced. Sorry Rippetoe, I'm going with PPL.

will do
thanks dood
(unless you're a grill)

Seconded.

I think canditos strength/control is underrated around here.

Bump Greyskull LP vs. Reddit PPL?

Both are shit. Greyskull is Deload: the program.

I'm a proponent of Wendler's 5/3/1 for strength training. Dante Trudel's doggcrapp training for body building.

Bump I'm interested, what makes Reddit PPL shit?

You don't get an deformed T Rex Body, if it comes to your Routine I would listen to reddit, they actually want to help.
This site is shit and only for shitposting and bitter losers.

Bump, what's the best Push-Pull-Legs Routine?

I like the hypertrophy one. Just sayin.

>Squats and deadlifts are very dangerous

so youll injure yourself when your not doing the exercise properly? Ayyyyy

You don't even need a gym membership, if you just do push-ups, chin-ups, and crunches + a low body fat %, you'll make all the women wet. Gyms are an elaborate scam by the fitness industry to make you waste money and expose you to their (mostly useless) products.

Starting Strength until you get to 1/2/3/4
Then either Texas Method or a modified 5/3/1 depending on your goals and the time you have available to dedicate to working out

Didn't mean to quote

This

Hand stand push ups
Close grip chins
One leg squats
Dips

GOAT routine

Can get my routine done in the time it takes normies to even get to the gym

>numales
>squat and diddlies are dangerous

Pick one, cunt boy

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157436453
Thoughts on this 5/3/1, PPL, PHAT hybrid?

I made good gains on 531 as an intermediate natty, switching to Texas method.

>starting strength
>1/2/3/4

Pick one.

post body i want to know my final form

their awful karma system helps keep the information legit.

where as being user is free reign to give bad advice

not OP, but why do you guys keep gate keeping and trolling noobs. I've read the sticky but want some testimony of other routines. just want to get fit ;_; pl0x

50% people have fun trolling
50% people being sincere but not aware their advice is bad

I'm almost to intermediate lifting numbers, and want to switch from 5x5 in a month or two. madcow seems hellishly boring, but people make good gains on it. could I add any hypertrophy lifts to it or would that be stupid? along with this, could I work any Olympic lifting in to the program? could that work as hypertrophy?

RIPPLE TITS
RIPPLE TITS
RIPPLE TITS
RIPPLE TITS
RIPPLE TITS
RIPPLE TITS

5/3/1 with a 4 day split. Do accessories related to the day's lift and your goals or whatever the fuck you wanna do. I'm enjoying 5/3/1 quite a bit myself because my main lifts are going up but I also dick around and actually lift shit for fun after I do my main working set.

but if your motivation is already high maybe you don't need to concern yourself with things such as "fun"

I want to get strong but I really hate the no fun allowed intermediate programs I'm seeing. I mean this just looks piss boring. plus, only three days a week.

What do you guys think of Sean10mm Stripped 5X5?

Just a power rack and bench, barbell and weights.

This will allow you to do all compound barbell exercises, safely - dl, squat, ohp, bench, clean, pullups, chinups etc.

Then if you need add some dumbells.

Not him but I did the same. I added more volume on back traps and biceps.

I've seen really good results on it.

i do it because gym is only open on weekdays so no 6day ppl. but these are not really beginner ones

>Should be like 3 months.
>Then switch to any of he others.

I hate it when retards say this. You do the beginner routines until you stop making gains and that is different for everyone. You only stop them once you start plateauing and deloading. I know people who started with a 1 plate squat and stopped SS when they were just over 3 plates. Took them about a year maybe 16 months. If they had stopped after 3 months and swapped to an intermediate routine that isnt linear they still wouldnt be hitting 3 plates. Intermediate programs and anything above are for slower, methodical percentage based gains so you dont swap to them until you progressed as far as possible on a linear system.

If you stop linear progress after 3 months of a beginner routine you are probably barely pushing yourself, half repping, or started off as an extreme skelly. The thing is a lot of peopke hit a wall with ohp but still have a ton of room to grow on all the other lifts, so they swap to an intermediate program early rather than scale down the OHP growth.

Can I do The Texas Method while cutting or is it a waste of time and should be done only when bulking? Keep in mind I'm 20-22% bodyfat.

Box a few times a week and do handstands, dips, squats, Chins. Still drink regularly.

Greyskull LP is fantastic

>this post
>these digits
>no replies
srsly Veeky Forums?

>booze
>15% bf
>normie

All checks out

I may have lolnofriends but I have a year round single digit bf %

fuck off

I'd recommend some weights and a Veeky Forums starter pack. (hoodies, creatine, antisepressants...)

t. butthurt fatass

t. I don't know what butthurt means and I don't understand why doubles or more aren't quality content

where are your abs

I traded them for a six pack of corona

t. newfag who enjoys being trolled
>being that butthurt
also nice how you didn't deny the fatass part

>corona
this is how i know you're a faggot

>also nice how you didn't deny the fatass part
I'm a powerlifter, it's kind of the point

box jumps less dangerous than deadlifts and squats? kekkingmao

>i'm a powerlifter

>implying you need a gym membership

>their awful karma system helps popular information grow and stay popular

Fixed.

Also the phrasing is fucking retarded. Never trust a program designed by someone who has trouble using numbers in a descriptive fashion.

>I'll write 1x5 and what I mean by that is you do 5 sets of 5 reps
>and I'll describe this as 4 sets until you reach your last set

An elementary schooler could come up with a more sensible way to write this algorithm down.

Also how the fuck would you know on your first set where to start and how to increase the weighs in a way that you will still be able to complete your fifth, much heavier set AND that you will have given your muscles proper stimulation? Seems like trying to hit a bullseye with a football.

is this you?

Phraks Greyskull for the start
5/3/1 for intermediate untill death

For me it was
SS for 8 months
TM for 6
531 for now and ever and i love it

Whichever one you stick to for the longest

People will actually believe this