Nutrition General - Poorfag's Frozen Peas and Carrots Edition

Can we come up with a shopping list for Veeky Forums?

Pic related, frozen peas and carrots are probably one of the coolest things ever.

You can lose all of your weight just having this as a side dish, and it's cheap as fuck!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t7LWeXYBGXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump
youtube.com/watch?v=t7LWeXYBGXw

I had it as main meals with sriracha while on my cut

What other kind of frozen veggies do you eat?

I only get corn and peas + carrots, but I want to branch out a bit.

> frozen brocolli
> frozen spinach
> frozen mixed veg. (usually some conbination of peas, corn, carrot, potato)

>potato
pls no

> not eating tubers

never gonna make it

not frozen but

>canned mushrooms and black olives

p good desu, and theyre usually really cheap

Do you put them on anything or just dig in?

I'm gonna stock up on a gang of canned beans tho.

i usually eat the olives as a snack, but you can put it on bread with tomato paste for a meal

basically poverty pizza

grab cans of Lentils and/or Kidney Beans.

cheap and good protein

WHen people talk abuot kidney beans, they mean the red ones right? There's no variety of them?

if youre really poor, get dry beans and soak them yourself.

I already do this, but I was thinking about using canned beans for the sake of convenience.

correct. red is only variety I am familiar with.

can also get pic related

>You can lose all of your weight just having this as a side dish
No way can you ever lose weight by eating you fat fuck.

Read the goddamn sticky.

????

is this bait or do you actually think people need to abstain from food to lose weight

Anyone else use a pressure cooker?

>beans from dry to cooked in 30 minutes
>rice cooked in 12 minutes
>chicken breast cooked in 15 minutes
>tons of tasty recipes online

Why isn't this talked about more? Just throw the ingredients in, press a button, shit post for a few minutes and then your food is done.

mostly because i don't wanna buy one and i don't mind waiting longer for my food to cook in the pots and pans i already own

glad you like it tho bro

Everything but the protein powder is dirt-cheap.

Dried beans and lentils are a must.
>Dirt cheap
>Keep for-fucking-ever
>Filling
>Dat iron (non-ferrous, but still better than anemia)
>Serve them with homemade salsa for a quick, delicious and nutritious meal
>Good in soups too
If you're willing to trade cash for convenience and don't give a shit about sodium, getting them canned is also an option. Only caveat is the same you'd have with any plant protein - combine with other sources to make it whole. IIRC, spinach and red kidneys compliment each other nicely. Scooby has a calculator for this.

Dairy products (cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, etc) are also fairly cheap, excellent protein and typically come with various % fat content to choose from, depending on your options.

For fats, mixed nuts/peanuts/peanut butter are versatile (in salads, as toppings, or snacks on their own), and canned olives also work. Olive oil can be a bit more expensive, but you don't really need huge amounts unless you drink salad dressing by the glass.

Carbs are a non-issue, if you can't afford a 10lb sack of potatoes or a 5lb bag of rice, you've got bigger issues than getting Veeky Forums to sort out.

Eat your fucking veggies. Don't be afraid of bruises, just because it doesn't look amazing doesn't mean it's not still tasty and nutritious. I used to work in a grocery store, produce department, we threw out so much perfectly edible product it would blow your mind. Frozen's often cheaper, but look out for seasonal sales on fresh stuff.

Great post brother

how do you even eat olives

they always taste bitter and shit

>>Dat iron (non-ferrous, but still better than anemia)

Also better than colon cancer, which is what you get with heme