How often can I stretch my hamstrings?

I have very tight hamstrings. How frequent can I stretch them for maximum mobility benefits? Is 3x daily too much?

Pic related is the stretch I do.

Are there any recommended programs for this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CrF2iMnn09w
sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/thigh-pain/tight-hamstring-muscles/stretching-tight-hamstrings
youtu.be/xv3mhp4GIZI?t=975
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I too am also interested in the most effective frequency.

Please post non-meme stretches as I am not a 90 year old woman and would like actual stretches a big boy would do.

Yeah, I'm pretty tight so that extreme yoga stuff I've seen recommended would probably not work for me at this point. Baby steps.

Best advice is do as many variations as you can find. Yoga, ballet, Kung Fu, kickboxing, muay thai, pole dancing, whatever stretch video you can see and do them.

You'll notice they all have the same base:stretching muscles

And ofc, do them after warming up, like rope jumping or stationary bike. Start doing dynamic stretches and then static stretches

Check the sticky for the mobility WOD, those are good. Also, get a foam roll for dat dere myofacial massage

youtube.com/watch?v=CrF2iMnn09w

this is the best by far. every other hamstring stretch is pretty much a waste of time

sportsinjuryclinic.net/sport-injuries/thigh-pain/tight-hamstring-muscles/stretching-tight-hamstrings

Try foam rolling in addition to stretching. Burn the cash and buy one with surface texture (not a smooth foam roll). You'll make quicker progress on gaining mobility by working out the myofascial tissues in addition to the stretching. If you've been exercising for a while, without a good stretch/recovery program in place, your myofascial tissue has tightened up. Foam rolling will help 'unlock' your flexibility.

Thanks, I'll try some different stuff.

Great! Trying this now.

I bought one last week for general use, but didn't know about using it for flexibility/hamstrings. I'll start rolling those out.

Wasn't the odd shapes a meme for simple sales pitch? Is there factual evidence that supports shapes are superior than smooth surface?

that's not a hamstring stretch you tard. that's a hip flexor. The one op posted is the best one. Don't post advice ever again

3x daily is too much. If you stretch too much you'll actually hurt yourself. Make sure you actually warmup before too. There is no rush doing them as well

OP here. I watched that video and was about to attempt it but stopped because it looked like I'd kill myself in that first pose. I'm old man tier tight.

So you think 2x a day hamstring stretching is a good amount? After exercise (or at least walking)?

I didn't watch the video he's in the hip flexor pose. I just saw it and he is doing advanced shit. Didn't know he was gonna extend his other leg lmao. That's too advanced. You can do the same shit laying on your back. Depends how long you're holding. Also walking doesn't warm you up unless you're doing it a fast pace

My physio told me to stretch hamstrings 3 times a day. So yeah, you won't accidentally rip your legs off with that frequency. Still never did it that often because that means stretching in the morning and during lunch at work like a weirdo.

>I didn't watch the video but the video is wrong. I know this because I didn't watch the video.

Thanks!

I'm like stupidly inflexible. The lady in op pic is at 90°, with a straight leg I can barely get to 45. Is there any hope for me or should I just give up?

Jefferson curls are the secret weapon of hamstring flexibility.

i really like this strech
youtu.be/xv3mhp4GIZI?t=975

just lay ~5min per leg in this pose while gaming or watching tv

fug... starts around 16min

>15 years of getting into football stances
>have the most mobile hips on the planet

Feels good to not be a stretchlet

that meme Russian kettlebell guy had the best stretches and explained how to do it very well

but they can't touch their toes zozzle, literally everyone failed that test at my school except for one fagboi

>1 hour
>become flexible
>doesn't play sports

literally a waste of time, idiot for not doing cardio

presidential sit and reach every year in gym bitch