/plg/ powerlifting general

Powerlifting General
Thread dedicated to the sport of Powerlifting.
Squat/Bench/Deadlift

>sad meme guy edition

Sheiko programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/
ncaa.org/health-and-safety/sport-science-institute/velocity-based-training
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing
dropbox.com/s/cu8hkce0mmm2hfz/Legacy Training Systems Beginner Program.xlsx?dl=0
imgur.com/a/l54a1
imgur.com/a/WElep
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Trappy have you addressed the Livia thing yet?

Actually, from what I've seen, the 6 days group did twice the amount of warmup sets than the 3 days group.
What the guy explained is that the programs were exactly the same. So I wouldn't expect the 3d group to warmup twice or the 6d group to not warmup on the second day.

I saw in the youtube comments that the study was planned to release this year. I wonder if I can find it anywhere...

Yes Trappy pls show more pics of your benis

Although, now that I think of it, the 3d group could have done squat bench deadlift squat bench deadlift - so on the second round they would warmup again.

Hm...

Does anyone have expierence with "Brazilian Powerbuilding" ?
Google that shit if you don't know about it. Makes Sheiko look like a clown fiesta program.

strengtheory.com/high-frequency-training-for-a-bigger-total-research-on-highly-trained-norwegian-powerlifters/

How do you possibly misinterpret the data so badly.

Frequency is a good tool. It doesn't need your speculation or approval.

Pls coach Trappy help me, apparently I'm incapable of thinking on my own

Does anyone else just try to stay as full of food as possible at all times of the day ?

Trappy, do you do powerlifting yourself?
Just wondering because you seem way more interested in the sport than anyone I've ever seen who doesn't participate in it, but I've also never seen you talk about your own lifts.

Thanks for link, but that isn't very useful at this point in the discussion. We're not debating the basics.

You can sub the chain/board work for regular sets. I remember the board stuff you just reduced by 5% and it was fine. Not sure about the chains.

The small load is only marginally less volume, as it's intended for heavier lifters who lift heavier weights. But you're still doing plenty of work, it's still Sheiko.

Or you can just customise the advanced large load, as in, removing accessories, or taking one set out of the workset, stuff like that. Until you get used to it, then you can just do it all.

Any of the three choices should work well, really.

I'm about to start drinking again. Extremities are sweating, pulse is high, and sitting is still exhausting. Will take it easy tho, I guess.

I reckon warmups are of such low training effect (on what they measured) that they are deemed irrelevant.

I want to drink rn
But drinking makes me fucking depressed

Trappy makes me happy!

have you tried weed instead?

sauce.

also reddit pill me on VBT

maybe one day

kys yourself

Am I supposed to get hard before sending a girl a dick pic?

Asking for a friend.

Saving your response to think it through on my own. Medium Load seems sensible in this case.

Probably will give you an update after first day/week of the new year, planning to start whichever program on the 3rd.

Thank you for all your help and all your time!

"Girl"

>girl
(male) ?

Anyone have the version of OP's image with oats spilled all over the table?

Hit the lowest my life has been
So tempted to jump on the tracks already

Don't drink, then.

how do i stop hyperextonding my back on squat and front squat

Yes please

I actually don't know the sauce.

VBT is just another coaching tool. It's really not very useful for an athlete, and it's too cumbersome and slow to use if you train alone.

I've used VBT for a while but I didn't like it very much. Sometimes a lifter has a very slow squat attempt, but then his next attempt goes fast - the difference being that on the first attempt his torso went too far forward and the bar left his centre of gravity.

So velocity is just a variable that... varies too much, in my opinion. I felt like I was better off looking at the lifts myself and seeing what happened, instead of using an automatic system that's not very precise.

There's stuff here if you wanna read:
ncaa.org/health-and-safety/sport-science-institute/velocity-based-training

I train WL and am a PL coach.

It's not a problem, don't worry about it. Just be careful when doing OHP.

Flex your abs and glutes.

Don't burden us with your whining.

What Chat are you in? Can I join?

i have a sensor enroute that will be measuring my velocity. i think it's going to be a great way to autoregulate and cease no longer productive exercises.

thoughts on running sheiko while slightly injured
ive tried resting couple weeks over christmas and nothing really changed from when i was just fucking around doing light work to work around it but i really need to get back to training

the lighter weights seem like a good idea, but would the volume make it a bad idea?

I ran sheiko with a fucked up back, then on week 9 I fucked it up so bad. Right before I set a new PR.

Unrelated, just wanted to tell that story.

What is injured?

>I train WL and am a PL coach.
Ah, ok.

Did you also lift before starting hrt?
If so, then what's it like lifting with versus without anti-androgens?
Is it just slower/more difficult to make progress now?

Depends on the injury.

It's a chat just for close friends, and they don't allow anyone to invite new people.

I used to be in the public plg chat, but left.

I only started training after transitioning.
I can't say how it was before, but it's been very very slow.
Girls who were around my bodyweight could outlift me in no time. Though I was surprisingly good at snatching, so somehow I managed to stay competitive on that one. But as time goes on they just leave me eating dust.

But I don't mind, I lift for fun. My actual passion is coaching. I guess it's what Rip said, the worst athletes often make the best coaches. kek

not really what i wanted to hear lad
how fucked did you get?

everything
mainly a bit of glute pain that is usually felt standing on left bent leg and of course heavy squatting will flare it up a bit
also get back pain bending over every morning that goes by the afternoon most of the time, happens if im training or not, makes me kinda nervous of what that actually is but it goes away so cant be that bad right?

what about those ones?
dodgy elbows and that too but i can deal with them

"left"

Im brbr too, how can i have you become my coach?

Can I gain strength while cutting on TM? I'm 20-22% bodyfat atm and don't know if I'm wasting my time doing it while cutting (starting to cut tomorrow)

>running sheiko while slightly injured
>ive tried resting couple weeks over christmas and nothing really changed from when i was just fucking around doing light work
No.

>Can I gain strength while cutting on TM? I'm 20-22% bodyfat atm
Maybe. Probably not.

Probably but it's gonna be too exhausting and you're gonna fail the intensity days frequently. A lot of struggle for not much gain.

I'd recommend something else.

Run the prep block and the first week of the comp, then repeat.

Another option is 5/3/1. I don't have any links with me but it's easy to find with google.

RIght click the icon on the left, select "leave server".
I think that constitutes "leaving".

Just ask here and I'll do my best to help.
I'm not available IRL.

Thank you

>No.
what would you do though, there is every chance i could get hurt more but currently im not crippled just in slight pain

>what would you do though
I would do high-repetition, low weight variations and active recovery (foam rolling, contrast showers, LISS, etc.) until I felt healthy enough to fully invest back into Powerlifting-specific training.

>Girls who were around my bodyweight could outlift me in no time.
That makes sense, because trans women on hrt supposedly have lower T levels than cis women.

I was curious because I'm trans too. I got into lifting back when I was trying to repress and make myself be manly, but I haven't been to a gym in years now. Lately I've been thinking that maybe I should get back into lifting, although I'm not sure what to expect now that I have basically no T.

ehh maybe i should give it a bit more time
just feels like fucking around Tbh

also where the fuck are the (you)s

its ok Janae Marie
im sure no one even notices the muscle now

Can you run sheiko ironically and still make unironic gains?

Asking for a friend

what does that look like ?

No, your body will detect the self-defeating irony and you'll go nowhere.

t. man who spins his wheels ironically lifting

Yes, I've seen it happen. Just make sure you're running Sheiko ironically correctly, and not ironically wrongly.

Well, progression in both strength and muscle development is pretty slow. But it exists, and it's still fun.

In my training I would skip everything upperbody except snatches and jerks. Of course that led to me being very weak in specific things, but oh well gotta play with the cards I've been dealt.
But I'm sure that even if I did train upper, I'd barely see muscle growth. Test makes a huge difference.

I got into weightlifting basically because it's more lowerbody dominant and squat dependant, while PL is pretty much fullbody dependant and needs upperbody training.

But even if you just wanna go to the gym to do squats and butt exercises, it's worth it. Way better than not doing anything, at least.

What you think about Brendan Tietz and his beginner program?
dropbox.com/s/cu8hkce0mmm2hfz/Legacy Training Systems Beginner Program.xlsx?dl=0

I think my hormones are all fucked up. I don't really know.
I am just super emotional, tired and libido is low.

Been doing a lot of maxing. A shit ton.

What should I do?

>Just make sure you're running Sheiko ironically correctly, and not ironically wrongly.
Can you elaborate on this? How do you correctly lift ironically?

I'd rather die than stop

Yes

The more ironically you run it, the better your gains. You can't halfass it, you have to try really fucking hard even though you would not typically be expected to try really hard.

Too lacie didnt download, post a sceeencap or something

Honestly, if it wasn't for all of the extra bullshit after the main movements I'd say it isn't so bad. If it was cut down to say 1 mandatory accessory exercise, like pulling or shoulder work, and 1-2 optional ones I'd say it'd be pretty good.

kek

Yeah, that makes sense.
I no longer care about how much weight I can lift. I mostly just want to look better.
Although part of it is that I've been under-eating lately, not because I'm anorexic, but because I'm depressed and rarely feel motivated to get food, so maybe lifting could give me a reason to start eating more.

Why are you posting this in /plg/ ? I get that trappy is here but there are other traps that lurk this board

>I no longer care about how much weight I can lift. I mostly just want to look better.

go lurk a routine thread or cbt and find a good routine for trap there's loads of them out there, or you could google it

>trans
>doesn't care about strength
>lifting for looks
>anorexic

In the most polite way I can muster:
Get the fuck out of here.
>

1 google search

Sorry. I was only posting here because I got talking to trappy.
I'll stop now.

>extra bullshit after the main movements
whats wrong with it?

how many fucking times are you going to post this image

As a beginner, it's not stuff you need. You'll look past your main movements and won't go as heavy on them as you normally would because you have all this other shit to do. It's best to just keep it to 1-2 accessory movements that you do if and only if you have the energy after doing all of your other main lifts for as heavy as you can do them.

Are sheiko's stats in kg or lbs?

It doesn't really matter. I'm sure kay gees are the default, but inputting lbs wouldn't change much. You might have to do your own rounding. If that sounds scary, you'll have to tweak the formulas.

Tried both and it's the same. Good for me, I live in Europe.

That depends. Do you mean you intend to start up Texas Method and then make progress while cutting? That's probably not going to happen to a great extent.

If you mean "I've been on TM a while and am about to need a taper/deload, can I drop ten lbs in two or three weeks and keep strength" the answer is probably, if done right.

Don't do LISS. There is no benefit, it'll only beat your legs up even more.

Generally speaking, biological women are going to have a lower androgen sensitivity than traps.

>Don't do LISS. There is no benefit,
Cardiovascular health, fat burning, and increased blood-flow to muscles that benefit from it.

>it'll only beat your legs up even more.
If walking, biking, swimming, or hiking at a low intensity effort for 45-60 minutes "beats up your legs" then you are an out of shape piece of shit that needs GPP more than you think.

Do you max after the 4 weeks of prep in sheiko? Which one do you choose? Is there a difference? All these numbers and prepatory cycles seem a little confusing? How do you exactly run this program? Can someone enlighten me? This is about the intermediate medium load

pls repond

So I'm over doing LP programs, SS and Greyskull, and want to move onto something more advanced while going down the powerlifting path. Should I go texas method or something else?

No powerlifter has problems with cardiovascular health that jogging is going to solve. Fat burns from doing literally nothing. There are much better ways to increase blood flow that don't either exhaust or beat up yourself.

You are a faggot. LISS is exclusively for faggots.

Texas Method with a focus on bench press, treating OHP as an accessory

>Texas Method with a focus on bench press, treating OHP as an accessory
So just don't rotate OHP and Bench?

I'm going for the world record.

A lot of pseudoscience, barely useful at all.

Lifting, and exercising in general, are one of the most important things to help fight off depression or just general sadness.
Also it makes you look better and is good for your health in general.

So get motivated and get started!

You can do:
prep 1 -> first week of comp
prep 2 -> first week of comp
prep 1 -> prep 2 -> first week of comp
prep 1 -> prep 2 -> comp (if you're competing)

The tests he suggests 105% but you can go higher. Do like 3 attempts on each lift and see where you stand, then restart or move on.

finna go try and pause 200 squat

will b 5kg pr

Do you have an archive of all the TM routines you had on fitsticky somewhere?

imgur.com/a/l54a1
imgur.com/a/WElep

I think that's most of it.

After the prep, do I max out? Seems like waiting 2 months to see gains is a long time for an intermediate.

does anyone know of any modifications I should make to this program if I want to use it to peak for a meet?

>No powerlifter has problems with cardiovascular health that jogging is going to solve.
Lol. Go get your blood pressure checked. Sounds like you need some cardio.

You're not a """"professional"""" powerlifter. Do some cardio you fat fuck.

Texas Method is a great next step.
If that doesn't toot your horn, look at the reviews that Izzy posted:
powerliftingtowin.com/powerlifting-programs/

It's not really a peaking program.

First week of comp you max out on the second day.

Thanks. How did I miss that? Really thinking about doing this. Having run TM like a mad man, I'm gonna take 2 weeks off and do some fuckarounditis in the gym to deload a little. Gonna see what I do from there.

I'd just do it as written. I personally wouldn't use it for a meet because there isn't much work above 85%, but i've still been getting PRs every 3 weeks.

Do eet, Sheiko is bretty gud.
Inflate the bench a little bit tho, unless it's too hard as is.

OK, interesting. @trappy, thoughts on ?

>when joe cant bring himself to quote someone he wants a response from

I injured my lower back (self-diagnozed disc bulge) squatting about 13 months ago, and I haven't fully recovered yet. The physician I went to just set me back about 6 months with the ill advice that she gave me. I read up on Stuart McGill and bought a book of his and started treating myself. I got better, almost instantly, but I still have minor pain here and there. I started working out again, but I had to essentially reset my squat and deadlift, and drop my bench by about 30-40%.

Should I wait until I'm completely pain-free or is it "safe" to train with minor pain (almost never while I'm lifting, mainly random times throughout the day)? It seems like this could take months. I don't want to sit on my ass all day. I've fixed my form issues that caused the injury in the first place but I'm still a bit scared that I will fuck up myself, badly.

I know this place is probably not the place to ask but whatever. Bad experiences with professionals in all health related fields, not just this instance.

Cheers mate.

What did the book tell you? Just the big 4? Which book, I'm curious because I get back pain/injuries

>Does the pain worsen with activity?
Stop/reduce/change activity.

>Does the pain stay the same with activity?
Continue activity at reduced intensity/volume and monitor pain levels.

>Does the pain reduce with activity?
Progress cautiously in activity.

Doctors will always recommend the """safest""" route: rest until no pain.

i squat wider than shoulder length. am i cheating?

The Big 3 + Cat/Camel stretch every day with improved quality of movement in all areas of your life. From sitting, to tying your shoes, to brushing your teeth. It all comes down to finding as many pain free zones as possible and trying to stay in them as long as possible, while also strengthening your core, which in turn leads to recovery on all levels, even when the pain is chronic.