Right Veeky Forums, former bald lad here...

Right Veeky Forums, former bald lad here, I know this shit comes up a lot here and thought you guys might like a bit of info.

I've had a hair transplant - pic related, but not me.

Anything you want to know? Go for it.

How much it cost?

I was £7500 to fill out the crown and hairline from a Norwood 3V, with more thinness rather than straight up bald, which was just over 1300 grafts (2-3 hairs a graft). Only way to find out how much is to get a consultation (usually free with good clinics).

Can range anywhere from £4000-9000 for moderate hairloss to £9000-15000 for severe hairloss.

Pics? And you could have done it a lot cheaper elsewhere in Europe.

Nah, no pics, I'm still super touchy about it as I've only just had my 6 month check up appointment.

I'm aware it can be done cheaper in Europe, but I don't have a passport and didn't want to travel what with all the trucks killing people and all.

>spending upwards of 10k when you could've just gotten big and shaved it off for next to nothing

Why not get big AND have hair m8

Did it hurt?

Because you're down thousands of dollars?

And now I have hair AND can shave if I want. Living the dream.

First week was more itchy than anything, wouldn't say it hurt. They gave me 4 weeks of Paracetamol (lol?) and said to get in touch if I wanted something stronger, but in my experience it was never close to that. Think I maybe had a mild headache the first night when the anesthetic wore off.

lel, it still looks like crap

just stop being insecure and shave it

Not me lad

Yeah, you probably look even worse if you don't wanna post pics.

money comes back you idiot NEET.

Nah I'm good. Dude in OP left it too late.

>Being poor

I bet you don't have your own weights at home for off days either.

Only desperate losers do this. It's always obvious and very pathetic. Just own your baldness.

>Dude in OP left it too late.

everything i've heard about transplants says you should wait until the hairloss is complete before you begin, or you'll have to do it more times and spend more money

Sure you are ;)

t. Poor bald fag

hair transplants involve taking hair from the side and back of your heard to the top, it's your own hair so idk how it's obvious

It depends. The way it was explained to me was if you tackle it early enough you can both maintain and get your hair back for a decent period of time. Leaving it too late puts too much stress on the area you're taking from because you need to take a lot more. If your hairloss has stopped, great. If it's progressing, I think they encourage propecia (rip gains)

It's obvious because the hair isn't nearly as thick.

Also, people will remember that you were bald, you know. And by the way, you'll continue to go bald. DHT doesn't stop just because you got a transplant.

I don't think it looks bad.

I think you're confusing people who are full bald getting their hair back (impossible) with people filling in thin patches m8

I've had a high hairline since high school. When it gets bad enough I'm gonna shave it. I'm not so desperate to have hair that I'm going to pay thousands for it, Kek

Look at OP pic

>And by the way, you'll continue to go bald. DHT doesn't stop just because you got a transplant.
Nope. The whole idea is the hair from the side and back is resistant to DHT.

t. Poor balding fag

kek, nice broscience

>Look at OP pic
Looks like a guy who had thin hair who now has much thicker hair.

What's the problem? If I posted it with no context you'd never know.

And your point is...what exactly

Enjoy staying pleb.

Yeah, cause your desperation makes you delusional.

Literally go look it up son.

That you're a poor fag who's going bald and ding nothing about it.

Yeah, yeah I would. Anyone would.
>oh hey, Rob grew just a TON of hair since his dr appointment yesterday! Wow!

Good for you, bro. I'm also a baldlet and thought about getting one sometimes.
I've read that it will fall out again after a few years though? Also, do you have any 'scars' and how long will people see them?

It's the foundation of the entire procedure

Nah, I don't need to. You keep throwing money at this if you're that insecure. Be known as the insecure bald guy.

It doesn't matter to me one way or the other. I'll enjoy my natty thick, long hair that I got for free.

If you wanna waste your money on woman-tier bullshit, go right ahead pleb. You can take several world-class vacations for thexample amount of money OP cited. Or, you could act like a woman and blow it on beauty products

I still have all my hair, but ok.

Normies don't know shit about hair. you could tell them "yeah bro i just started taking pumpkin seed oil and it all grew back lol" and they'd believe it.

An entire procedure designed to jew money from insecure betas, you mean.

Go ask Wayne Rooney, patron saint of the hair transplant fags.

>I've read that it will fall out again after a few years though?
Nah permanent

Scarring is a light red dotted pattern on the back of my head hidden by hair.

Yeah, no. Nobody is gonna fall for that, especially the other balding men.

If you don't have disposable income and would rather give your money to other countries, that's your business.

>permanent

Probably had something to do with him going back to training the week after, then doing a world cup campaign user

>Man who headbutts ball for living surprised when hair transplant doesn't take

Hahaha like I said bro, you do you. If you want to blow your money like a woman you should get a manicure and pedicure while you're at it so your boyfriend isn't embarrassed to take you outside

t. Mad as fuck poor bald fag

Yeah right, sure. He's had multiple transplants, hairlets. If hair transplants actually worked there would be no bald rich people or actors.

You're being conned, you idiots.

1. Were you taking finasteride or minoxidil before you went through with it?
2. If so, how effective were they?
3. How rapidly had you been losing your hair. did it stay the same for a while and then accelerate or did it just steadily go over a number of years?

I ask because I've had a norwood 2 with slight thinning at the hairline since I was 19 and it's been 4 years now and doesn't seem to have changed. I'm not going to kid myself that it'll stay like that for the rest of my life but I'm hoping that I'll be one of those blokes who recedes a bit in his twenties but holds on to most of it for the next couple of decades. With a decent haircut it's pretty much unnoticeable as it is and I want it to stay that way.

>mad
>because someone else wasted their money

Ya got me

sorry we don't accept retards here at Veeky Forums

>Veeky Forums on steroids
>yeah brah it's all about the 'sthetics gotta get big at any cost, who cares if I don't actually compete. I do this for ME!

>Veeky Forums on beard restoration
>just but buy some minox and run it on your face twice daily, this shit will make you look more manly! don't sweat it if you can't grow a natural beard!

>Veeky Forums on mewing
>come on bro, there's proven science behind this, just chew this special gum 3x a day until your jaw hurts and your face can be 2% better TOTALLY worth it!

>Veeky Forums on height gain
>why can't I make myself taller! It's not fair!!!! I wanna kill myself! I would TOTALLY do the surgery if I had money! Uugghh i guess I'll wear lifts.

>Veeky Forums on hair restoration
>yeah dude it's for fucking betas, only women care about their looks, what a waste of money

HMMMMMMMMM

>bald guy calls you out
>"lol whatever cueball"
>hfw

I scheduled a doctor's office checkup for today to ask for a finasteride prescription. I'm 22 and a Norwood 2. As I sat there I realized how ridiculous it would sound for me to ask for a hormone altering drug just to keep my hair thick and didn't follow through.

I'm tall, muscular, handsome in the face, and am lucky enough to have dark brows and facial hair. I'm just going to ride this one out and work on other things, it's not worth worrying about the imminence of balding and age when there are so many other things to focus on in life.

Once it gets to a bad point in 4, 5 or however many years I'll just buzz it off and keep it that way.

It blows my mind that there are "men" who care so much about their hair here, and this is coming from a guy with long hair.

Just grow a beard, get big, and shave it off.

Was Rogaine not an option or did it not work for you?

fuck off faggot you don't know what it's like balding since 17.

Some of us don't want to look like giant walking penises.

Muscle gain, beard gain, jaw gains, height gains, are all points of increasing masculinity. Clinging to your hair is not. If anything, baldness is the epitome of masculinity hair-wise.

Looks are the modern mans second most important asset behind money, helI I would personally argue it's the 1st most important.

FUCKING KEK NIGGA
>nice trips too

Pathetic samefag

>balding since 17.

lmao, being bald is your natural state, the one god intended you to be in.

just lift so you can be the best version of you available.

Meh, I spent high school with a perma-buzzcut and it was comfy as fuck. I don't know what you're complaining about.

kek, get real money and social status are always gonna be > looks

balding brings you from Chad mode to dad mode in one fell swoop. Longer hair is seen as more masculine by the current generation anyway whether you like it or not.

Oh yes, baldness is the epitome of masculinity

Looks give you the power to acquire money and social status with much less effort.

If you're thinking of shaving, hurry up and get in a stable relationship first because I guarantee you girls will never look at you the same way again.

Protip: all the girls are craving dad mode once you get past college age

They want comfort and security, it's part of the look

>1. Were you taking finasteride or minoxidil before you went through with it?
Briefly
>2. If so, how effective were they?
Finasteride gave me headaches
>3. How rapidly had you been losing your hair. did it stay the same for a while and then accelerate or did it just steadily go over a number of years?
Thinned at the crown in my early twenties and peaked a little at the front around 26. Stopped completely there. No change until the transplant at 28 last year

If say book a consultation, personally, see what your situation and options are mate

I'm just saying that it's something that almost exclusively affects men in significant numbers. Hence more "masculine" in that regard. Not saying that some bald guys aren't total faggots.

Yeah, and that's 100% facial aesthetics. Hair is irrelevant.

current generation can suck my dick.

but I was so pretty with hair

Minoxidil doesn't work with balding in the hairline, it's for balding around the crown.

This guy would be even more of a cuck with some trendy haircut like a top knot or an undercut.

Good for you son

Alright have fun with Dad mode. I'll be an "insecure bitch" and keep looking like I'm in my 20s until I'm 45. If your girl keeps you around for security, you're basically a glorified walking wallet waiting to get cucked.

top knots are so fucking gay.

There are a lot of ugly and mediocre looking guys who would instantly drop 2 points without hair

this guy is just full Chadders in the face and the buzz cut is going with the full "hard" look that gets panties wet

Nah seemed too expensive in the long run.

Apparently it does, it's just it was only tested on the crown

Ugly guys are ugly no matter what hair they have. Only facial hair can save them to some degree.

Being insecure about your hair is fucking autistic.

I'm not bald yet. And I'm talking about the impression of security, not necessarily a deliberate attempt to get money out of you. Have you never heard that girls are attracted to dudes who remind them of their dad?

He would actually be attractive with an undercut. The respectful nodder just looks like a creepy IT guy without it.

thanks for confirming what I felt deep down but was too afraid to say out loud. Guess I better start slaying before it gets J U S T - tier

What did you do in the meantime (like a few months or so) afterwards where your scalp looks all cut up and shit and you can't wear a hat? That's one reason that is preventing me from getting one. Can't go to work with cuts and crap hanging off my head.

>He would actually be attractive with an undercut.
>this is what hairlets actually believe

The clinic I got it at did it with my hair at about 2cm, so I just took 2 weeks off work and by the second week the swelling was gone, the scabbing was gone, and for the most part my hair covered it.

You can wear a hat after the first 3 days.

I have a question,

Why did you not just hop on the big 3, aka fin minox and nizoral the moment you realised you were losing your hair? That way the balding would have stopped before you had to blow all that money on a transplant

I tried Fin for a few months but was getting headaches, Min was far too expensive in the long run, Niz allegedly just kills the itch from the other two and doesn't do much for regrowth. A transplant, after all my research, seemed the best option and I had £20k from the sale of my stake in a business so thought fuck it

>spending all that money
>fucking up your hormones with the possibility of permanent side effects
>dealing with messy foams and pills every single day

This guy is not balding. He has a great hairline and full head of hair if he let it grow.
He would look much worse if he was balding.

is it ass hair?

How long does it take to get a transplant? Can it be done in one session?
I would also like to know if there is a point in getting a transplant if you're already completely bald at the temples and at the back of your head?

Looks more like he's using filler hair than a transplant desu.

It works but if you stop using it you will lose all the new hair you got really quickly

;_;

>How long does it take to get a transplant?
Depends. Mine took 4 hours, including anesthetic
> Can it be done in one session?
I think they do up to 3000 grafts in a day, 2 4 hour sessions

If you're bald at the back of your head there's nowhere to take hair from. Do you mean your crown?

Having muted expectations is the best thing lad

>he has a great hairline

apparently I have a great hair line now