How did you guys develop the habit of counting calories?

How did you guys develop the habit of counting calories?

I'm trying to do it but it's a hard habit to pick up.

at first i just read the labels of everything, put them into my program, fiddled around with some dish combos, after a while i could estimate roughly the caloric content of all the food i ate, now i just check up a typical day from time to time to stay on track or adjust towards new goals

Discipline, you idiot. Do you want to get big and not be a fat faggot anymore? Then you must count your macros. There is no easy way. I eat the same thing every day so I don't have to recalculate.

MOAR

Eat the exact same shit every single day till you want to jump into a woodchipper

Its actually really easy once you realuse that 1kj is roughly equal to .25 calories.
You can get a pretty good estimate by just dividing the kilojoules by 4, especially if you live in a country that doesn't usually display calories on nutrition labels

Just drop that meme and eat healthy

Food scale and meal prep

People don't actually think this girl looks attractive, right?

N-no...? Maybe a little... Just a little bit?!

remember everything you ate and how many calories it was or how many oz it was and then add it at the end of the day while you still have like 2 hours to fill in any gaps

I've just been using that 'easy diet diary' app on IOS, makes it a lot easier.

She's a goddess

how the hell do you count calories/protein/fat/carbs/whatever when you cook a bunch of shit into a meal?

i'm mixing up a variety of meat, vegetables, rice, when i'm cooking, but i don't know how much of each ingredient i'm eating because that shit will last me 3 days

and what if i'm eating some pistachios as a snack
am i supposed to count how many fuckin nuts i eat?

I wanna go full healthy diet mode but i'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this part

Its called a scale

Feel free to use one

Autistic dedication

Eventually numbers will stick with you. How much a certain amount of grille chicken is, or rice, or how much an egg or a strip of bacon is. 10 pistachios equal x amount of calories kind of thing. The caloric amounts of the things you eat the most will stick with you after a while for sure, anything else just look up on calorieking.com, use a restaurants "(restaurant name) nutrition facts" search on google, or just read the label on the damn item you're buying.

Anthony Joshua claims he just eats healthy calorie dense, proteiny type shit when he gets hungry, so I guess you don't really need to count calories? Correct me if I'm wrong

She's too damn skinny.
If she had just a little bit of fat I would bang her for sure.
But seriously, too skinny.

Disgusting slant-eyed, pan faced gook. Get this trash outta here user. Pic related is a real gril

You could plan to eat your calories over 3 days.

Say you need 6000 calories, 2000 each day.
Weight out everything for the meal, maybe 3000 calories and make for 3 days. Dosn't matter how much you eat every day, in the end you know you had 3000 calories over 3 days.

I only counted once. Planned a day's worth of meals that hit the right calories and macros, and ate the same thing every day Monday-Friday. Tried to eyeball the right macros on weekends but was lenient just to keep from going insane. Now I eat a variety of things and don't really stress too much about it because your body is pretty good at maintenance.

i somehow omitted part of my post

it was supposed to say
>i'm mixing up a variety of meat, vegetables, rice, when i'm cooking, but i don't know how much of each ingredient i'm eating because that shit will last me 3 days
>am i supposed to separate each ingredient, weigh them, write it down, and then put it on my plate

hmm something like this might be doable
do you guys just not have leftovers though or what

She is called Quaren.

Bumping this