Do regular overhand pullups for 6 months and see no lat changes

>do regular overhand pullups for 6 months and see no lat changes
>put my thumbs over the bar too and lats explode in 3 months

reminder that if you don't have thumbs UNDER the pullup bar your lats will be targetted FAR more

I cant even do a pullup well without my thumbs over, what idiot would try to do one with only his fingers anchoring instead of his whole hand

Wtf is going on in here

yeah this shit is hell on your fingers
you ever just sit on the bench struggling to make a fist for the next 5 minutes?
this shit can't be good for your hands

You're either baiting or a moron.

Sounds like you were using a lot more bicep before, and now you're actually doing them correctly. Whatever works I guess

I couldn't feel my lats at all during pull downs until I did this.

i this was common knowledge, but yes to confirm this does work, also with anything like lat pulldowns aswell ur lats will become activated more than ur biceps, if u want to remove ur arms out o the equation, grip with only ur fingers and dont even let your palm touch the bar, but this requires strong grip strength.

i think my hands might just be too small
i have enough trouble using my whole hand and body weight, let alone just fingers and lat bench

Too real

I'm a faggot and use wrist straps for shit like this. I try not to for things like deads, but for shrugs or pull-ups my grip was the limiting factor after a full pull workout. Decided I'd rather hit those muscles harder and look like a bitch rather than not doing as much as I could.

this is true. i always have my thumbs over the bar for any pulling/rowing movement.

Yeah I put thumb over the bar on pulldowns and it feels better for me as well.

never heard of these
just googled them how the heck do they work?

what the fuck is this thread

ITT: Kinesiology Majors

you wrap the strap part of the wrap around the bar and it keeps it from falling out of your grip, essentially removing grip strength as a factor

I can't tell if this thread is a meme or legit

Your wording is confusing to me, so palms facing out with fingers only on the bar is the best way to target lats, correct?

Isn't that called suicide grip?

I've done both and the OP is right, thumb over the bar is much more effective. But if your hands hurt that bad you just got pussy hands. Do farmer walks for grip

It's legit in the sense that wrapping your thumb around the bar makes you use your bis more. Putting the thumb over the top activates your lats and back more. Sounds stupid but it works. I started doing it when I use the row machine and pretty much every other pull motion. It really makes you use your back more than your arms. Just give it a try. My biceps used to burn during a long pull workout until I started doing that. I'm also the guy that uses straps, cause fuck not shrugging as much because my bitch fingers can't hold it.

Grab the bar like normal. Then move your thumb to where it is parallel with your hand.
Pic related. Just imagine gripping a bar like this.

4 bench

Monkey grip
aka
safety grip
for starting oldtimey cars and engines

how is this a safe grip when if your thumb is below your other fingers is way safer

Both of you need to start hanging from a pull up bar with a thumbless grip for 3 sets till failure at the end of your workouts. Im sorry but you just have weak hands.

Every back exercise should be done like that newbie.

Its all good bro. Wraps are a good tool and you shouldnt let grip strength hold back your other bodyparts

No, because it's shit.