Which exercises are most effective for burning fat?

Which exercises are most effective for burning fat?

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/book/1151192/e27d61
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Overhead deadlift

Cardio and location-targeted exercises (ie crunches to get rid of belly fat, etc.)

can confirm, went from 380 to 260 in 6 weeks just doing overhead deadlifts every day and upping the weight every other workout

>I-I'm gonna make it brahs!

>crunches to get rid of bellyfat

lmao dude. you can't target-lose fat, it's basic knowledge within fitness. losing fat is like poking a whole at the end of a bucket of water; the water falls out from all ends.

Cardio and high reps low weight exercises (don't do deadlifts, squats or benchs because they'll fuck your back)

Fork putdowns

Yeah, like flies, shoulder shrugs, and curls

Better question is, what is the best way to maintain strength and muscle while losing fat? Also at what point does a calorie deficit begin to impact muscle maintenance and strength?

Also is losing 20lbs of fat a reasonable goal by April? Roughly just over 1lb per week from now until the end of April.

1lb a week is an excellent goal. Calorie deficit is generally below BMR you have potential to lose muscle.
Best way to maintain is lift heavy and lots of protein. That's it. You should be able to maintain most your lifts and even improve if you're a dyel noobie.

Lost 50lbs but all my lifts shot up. Except OHP.

Thanks for responding. I started SL in October and gained about 15lbs in the past 3 months or so, and am feeling pretty fat after Christmas. Hovering between 205-210lb now. Lifts are alright, but nowhere near where I'd like them to be. Had to put a lot of work into correcting muh wink doing squats, because it was hurting my lower back. It resulted in my bench being higher than my squat at this point.

Either way, thinking I'll continue SL while running a deficit. Guess I'll just max out on my protein and make the rest up.

Buttsex

Get squat shoes for max depth.
You should be able to maintain your lifts.

No carbs, sends body into shock, eats fat for energy when needed.

No man the burning sensation you get from exercising is the fat being burned away.
Read the sticky?

What would you say is better, barefoot or squat shoes?

Squat shoes. Not even a debate.

JOGGING

- Cardio (just about any form, but I noticed much faster fat loss with 2.5 miles on a treadmill per workout)
- Squats (help put on muscle mass in your lower body as well)

enjoy your weak, inflexible ankles scrub

>Not working on mobility of your joints every day
Lmao

>needing mobility but he doesn't play sports

then why don't you squat like a normal person faggot

>mobilitBRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Self control to not eat like a fucking pig

Don't do any kind of weight training unless it's very light. Deadlifts and barbell squats are known to fuck up your back. Do body specific exercises to tone down fatty areas. You have a fat stomach? Do crunches, situps, and planks. If your legs are very big, then do bodyweight squats. These exercises will simultaneously burn fat and build muscle. As for nutrition, don't believe the bros here, you only need 50 grams of protein per day. Hell, maybe even per week. But don't worry about what you eat other than that. Just try to not eat as many carbs. If you're doing your toning exercises consistently, (3 times per week for 10 reps), then you shouldn't have to worry about food.

If you do the complete opposite to this its very good advice

Newfag

Strength Training
HIIT
High Fat
Low Carb
High Protein
high Sleep
IF

There is only one correct answer.
Long distance running. 3 miles minimum

Use the cardio machine.

Because I ass to grass and my body doesn't work that way otherwise.

Typing and calorie counting on a spreadsheet.

Easiest way to make it without going to a gym. Provided you don't give three fucks about strength.

>Cardio
>Calorie Counting
>Curls

a flamethrower would work although a bit overkill. But if you meant losing weight, what these guys said

>fit is a bunch of gym babiez
>its nearly 2017 and they don't know how to swim

Swim for an hour a day OP. She'll be right

Cardio.

Run 11/12 km every second day.

>Dr. Angelo Tremblay and his colleagues at the Physical Activities Sciences Laboratory, in Quebec, Canada, tested the popular belief that low-intensity, long-duration [cardio] exercise is the most effective program for losing fat. They compared the impact of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise and high-intensity interval training on fat loss. Skinfold measurements revealed that the interval training group lost more body fat. Moreover, when they took into account the fact that the interval training used less energy during the workouts, the fat loss was 9 times more efficient in that program than in the aerobics program. In short, the interval training group got 9 times more fat-loss benefit for every calorie burned exercising. How can that be? Because, after taking muscle biopsies, measuring muscle enzyme activity, and lipid utilization in the post exercise state, they found that high-intensity intermittent exercise caused more calories and fat to be burned following the workout. In addition, they found that appetite is suppressed more after intense intervals.

"You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren
PDF: bookzz.org/book/1151192/e27d61

Worry less about the types of exercise and focus more on the commitment. Weight loss is a long process and the best equipment/programs/exercises are nothing without commitment.

In english doc

Have you ever calculated how much calories are burned running a mile? It's a pissant figure, in the 100-200 calories range. A banana has about 90 calories. If you think of it in terms of efficiency, if you actually wanted to run all your fat off, you could never stop running and you still wouldn't catch up to the calories you're putting in.

Cardio isn't as beneficial for weight loss as everyone thinks it is.

Muscles are carb and fat hungry, so you want to tone up so the muscles regulate your fat content 24/7.

>Run 11/12 km

thanks doc