/shit gym thread/

Let's complain about our shit gyms here.

>tiny
>always stinks
>one squat rack which is always in use by teenagers curling
>sometimes owners forget to unlock the door, so you have to wait outside for an hour
>forget to turn heating on so it's -5 fucking degrees and you're shivering while lifting
>broken equipment
>total shite but keep raising membership price

yes I'm mad

>non-adjustable benches with 2 pegs
>to start a set I have to either sacrifice all back tightness to unrack from the top peg, or spoto-press it out at neck-level from the bottom

>full of pajeets
>am a pajeet

Good thing back tightness is totally unnessecary for bench press

That back tightness is what's going to be protecting your shoulders, so its pretty damn useful.

it's packed from 3-8pm and closes at 11 (8 on weekends). other than that, i really can't complain.

seriously? how much do you bench?

Back tightness is critical in literally every exercise that isn't a waste of time, what are you chatting?

>only has a handful of dumbells from 10kg to 30kg
>only 1 bench
>has 1 spot to do dips/chin ups and its the same machine so only 1 person can use it at once
>smells like fucking old clothes and cat fur
>guy literally sleeps there every night
>he spends all day jacking off and playing video games in there and never leaves
Man I fucking hate my bedroom

This is basically my apartment complex's community gym, except it actually smells nice normally

>two squat racks
>one is a rusty piece of shit
>no decent place to deadlift always in the way
>for some reason there are 80-100kg dumbbells that maybe a handful of people will use in a year.

i was with you throughout the whole greentext like wtf? well played

>allows you in from 15:00 only
>no squat rack
>no legpress
>no normal benchpress
>bunch of old people
>locker room is literally 1x3 (meters), there is only one shower
>equipment is placed like shit

dunno why i still go there desu

why dont you just buy some gear

its really not that expensive, and you save an enormous amount of time just waking up and getting to it rather than getting to and from a gym

how will i spend my entire day around lifting then?

>wake up, roll over and look at calendar
>29/12/16, must be a chest day
>get to the shower, do my terminator routine
>it's slightly different depending on which gym day it is
>today i pretend to do a set of cable flies as i arise in the shower.
>pick out my towel and dry my body, naming each part as i dry it out
>weigh my toothpaste even though it doesn't contain any calories whatsoever, i must be precise
>get to my car, you see i train fasted with BCAA(tm)
>drive to the gym, wait 30 minutes to make sure no one is using the plate dispenser before i hog all the plates
>say a prayer to mark rippetoe as i stand on the threshold of The Rack (tm)
>You see, no matter what training day it is, I always begin with a set of 95% Max 6.7 RPE romanian banded split squats
>I then begin my chest routine, this lasts for 2 hours
>After hours of burning out my chest i realize i've totally forgotten about my meal timing and my body is totally outside of the anabolic window and is starting to enter the catabolic timeframe predicament
>Finish up pinning my glutes and take a dumbbell for the road
>Get home, ready to eat a home cooked meal of perfect nutrients
>Mum's home, something smells like IIFYM
>She's made Spicy Ramen again because I went to japan 1 time 3 years ago and she thinks its funny to remind me about the last time i left the city
>Inner autism triggered as I realize i can't check the macros because she's already cooked the ramen
>teleport behind the binman outside about to take away the trash
>quickly dig the remants of a ramen packet out of the bin
>commit sudoku, taking the bin man down with me after seeing 60g carb (i'm doing keto btw)
thus thrusting me out of ketosis
>psshht.... nothin personnel mum

My gym is well equipped enough for a pretty commercial, infested-with-soccer-moms gym. Got three things that resemble a squat rack, and a platform and just enough bargain bumper plates to clean all the weight I possibly could.

But it is haunted by some legit brain damaged asstard would not shut the fuck up and leave me the fuck alone. Unlifting dipshit wants to keep extolling to me the benefit of really heavy quarter squats and the Gospel According To Arnold (if Arnold supports even half the shit this retard spouts, he is a terrible human being), and tell me all about his Harbinger straps that velcro around one's wrists and how that'll totally help with power cleans (all while I'm trying to do The Goddamn Press). It takes him forever to actually say that shit too, because he's always babbling 90% disjointed gibberish, using "yeah you know man fuck man" like it's a fucking comma. This shit adds at least a fucking half hour to anything I'm doing.

He spends more time harassing me and everyone else that doesn't just run away at the sight of the skull-caved idiot than I do sitting on the couch at the front, reading Men's Health and giggling to myself in between sets.

cont

I shit you not, I was trying to take a dump in the bathroom by the basketball court because for some reason the one in the locker room always smells like someone lit a sewage treatment facility on fire, and this fucknut walks in an starts talking to me (only after trying to rip the door to the stall off before I confirmed that I was indeed in there, hence it being locked). Then he shut the fuck up, said he'd stop talking to me, and went into the next stall and kept saying shit to himself in what I could only assume was an attempt to get me to comment and rope me into another conversation.

NATURALLY this was one of those sloppy deuces that took forever to triage so I was in there for at least 10 minutes, frantically trying to finish the wetwork, listening to this mental patient mumble to himself about the "Philosophy of Truth."

Not making a goddamn word up. "Philosophy of Truth" is a verbatim quote.

This man is so aggressively autistic and stupid it's going to give ME brain damage. My gray matter is going to slowly rot and die if I have to listen to this dipshit explain how to max out again. The dumb fucker says to do 20 reps, then 15, then 12, then 8, then 5, then 3, then three heavy singles. I don't think he understands the concept of a max.

I might move just to get away from this fucking waste of skin

I-is this pasta?

LMAO

>2 sets of 1-10 kg dumbbells in 1 kg increments
>1 set of 12.5-40 kg in 2.5 kg increments
>6 20 kg plates 6 15 kg plates 6 10 kg plates

>all plates will be in use when me and a few friends are there.
>Always waiting for dumbbells

>1 flat bench
>1 incline bench
>1 squat rack
(fortunately 3 barbells)
>1 machine to do cable flies, also has pullup bars

>always waiting for everything or working in with someone

>Lots of new equipment, no strength training equipment though. Always cardio equipment.

>Strength equipment is clearly worn (most knurling is gone) and second-hand

>paying 3 times as much in comparison to a gym in a big city

Most of the gym members are 50+ so theyll just use the cardio equipment fortunately.

>MFW im training seriously for 1.5-2 years and im nearing the 10 strongest people of the gym regulars.

oh i forgot.

8 5 kg plates
6 2.5 kg plates
6 1.25 kg plates

> always missing a few 5 kg plates because they will be used as doorstops
or
> missing 5 kg plates because old people had to use the ab machine and load it with half of the 5s

My gym is average but
>65 euros per month
Fuck this shit getting an home gym soon desu

what the fuck

>Back home for holidays
>Parents have guest passes for their health club that I can use
>Only one squat rack which is so flimsy I feel putting over 100kg on it will break it
> No bench so have to bench in squat rack which is positioned so your bench with your head right next to the wall so no one can spot you.
>Barely any space, can't deadlift or power clean if there are like 2 other people in there with me
>10 kg and 15kg weights have a bigger diameter than the 20kg weights.

some gym near me is £90 per month but is your typical fitness centre with a ton of treadmills and 2 square metres of light dumbbells

Oh god. People like this should be hanged

I'm 6 feet tall and 140 pounds and I'm having trouble eating the calories needed to bulk. Any tips to fix this problem?

Eat more

I just don't have the appetite to eat enough.

Eat less in more meals, eat more dense foods, liquefy more food.

Alright. Thanks user.

>tiny
>one out of two benches is wobbling when you lie on it
>air conditioning includes one window that can only be opened partially - and then you have to wedge it with a small plate to stop it from closing
>no squat or power rack either, everyone squats in the smith machine instead
>packed with middle aged men after 4pm
>someone stole two dumbbells so lat raises can only be done with one arm at a time

I could go on and on but I consider it a challenge

kek, this thread

>That small town feel

>windows dont open
>on the top floor of a building
>sweat a fucking gallon everytime im in there because its so hot
>no deadlift platform

other than that its fine, its always dead as fuck and no one uses the squat rack but me

> Massive gym
> Every morning before 9, gym is packed with people going before work
> Lockers dominate three whole walls and several half walls spouting off
> Lockers full of laptops, keys, other important shit
> All the clothes pegs are taken with peoples suits and ties, shoes under the rack
> Lines of clothes pegs
> Nobody fucks with anyone elses stuff
Which is all well and good. But then
> 3 showers to share between everyone, one is always broken

C'mon, even they must know thats bullshit. If you're not like one of the first to finish you might as well just call work and let them know you'll be late there and then. I now time it so if I miss the shower, I have time to ger home and shower and still get to work on time.

>one squat rack, two bench stations, both always taken either by retarded teenagers or by retarded soccer moms

>Gym doesn't allow chalk for some unfathomable reason.
>Only has those absolutely fucking retarded hex plates.

My deadlift has suffered quite a bit because of this. I'm getting to the point where my squat will surpass my deadlift very soon.

>> always missing a few 5 kg plates because they will be used as doorstops
yeah this is fucking annoying, happens at my gym too with 2.5 pl8s

My gym has too many niggers.

>noisy as fuck cause of the baboons on roids
>has group of dyel teenagers that don't know what they're doing
>full of egolifters
>gym is full of machines, also pretty expensive
>music is shit
>locker room is too fucking small
>whenever they buy equipment it's a new machine

i'm the only one that uses the squat rack which is kinda cool, the only reason i'm still here it's cause i can bring a friend in weekend for free but these faggots don't open the gym sunday anymore so it's not really worth it.. thinking of changing gyms soon desu

I enjoyed this

not enough qts tbqh, too many old people

Also, it's hot as fuck in the summer.

>only has 2 dumbbells
>has a bent pull up bar which is outside
>has a pair of gymnastic rings which is cool but you have to go outside to use them
>only has one bench which is a sledge
>has two other people who rarely workout,one is probably a dad with bigger arms than me and the other one is a dyel teenager

>tfw no squat rack in your gym

I'm on vacation at the moment so I had to visit a shitty ass gym for once in a smaller town where my gf parents live.
>had to pay 10€ for test training (any other gym offers free)
>walk to counter and ask where i can get water
>tells me i cant use my own bottle
>nobody allowed to bring their own bottles because there "have been accidents"
>everbody has to lend a bottle for 50ct
>tells me i can drink in the locker room
>needless to say nobody has a bottle, probably all fucking dehydrating
>i get one for free
>almost no plates there, only two 20kg and two 25kg, the rest is 10 and 15 plates
>two guys can never squat and dl at the same time
>only one small area where you can deadlift
>only dyels and weak fags
That was one fucking shithole gym. Target group is obviously moms and dyels. Had to drive 20km the other days to get a proper place...

>20 curl machine
>20 abs machine
>20 chest press machines
>1 shitty hack squat machine
>zero low row machine
>zero back shoulders machine
>1 (one) pull ups/ dips station

Nautilus machines are so shite to be honest

>It's upstairs and the floor seems a bit flimsy
>Deadlifts over 1.5 pl8 shake the whole floor
>No place to dead or oly lifts comfortably

Straps.

>go to power lifting gym
>all equipment is what I could want
>for some reason has douchey body builders even though they can do that shit at LA Fitness
>body builders staring at me while I squat 5x5 with 315 (maybe because I look dyed?)
>gym blasts shitty deathcore and melodic death metal all day long
Other than the music and college age bbers standing in the path of my sight, it's good

found the dude with the shoulder pain

Been lifting for 4 months, literally only did like 4 squats since there is not a fucking squat rack. Only time i tried to do squats i fucked up my shoulder, because i lifted the bar to my shoulder incorrectly. Switching gyms in january

Yes, I have straps. I don't think you understand how cancerous hex plates are.

I go 3times a week to the gym without squat rack (upper body, deadlift, upper body) and one time a week to the gym with squat rack where I do heavy squats