Post them mental gains

post them mental gains

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RPNNmWLmH2E
tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19392397.2016.1190287
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I watch Frank Yang vids

isnt he the guy who talked about how he rocked his baby brother to sleep on his crotch, got a boner and came?

One of the best books I've ever listened to.

It has helped me improve a lot in my job and in teaching my employees how to be more effective agents.

Have you actually read it?

I got half ways through it's dull and dreary to say the least.

>SAT practice
>mental gains

nice, im about to pick up this book soon so i can stop solely relying on the 9-5 grind

If you guys are interested, check out Veeky Forums once in a while, a couple of days ago, this one dude shared his stash of pdfs, tons of great books on history and all sorts of topics, there was also like hundreds of books on learning languages, I think I have the link saved somewhere, I'll try and find it for you guys.

Anyway, The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli is a good read, I definitely recommend it

Thank you man pls share link

how do you guys do it??

as a kid, I had a great time reading and would read novels for hours. then sometime during highschool I just stopped reading and ever since I could never get back into it. I just can't sit down and read anymore.

>I practice math too

Shit's interesting, wish I never wasted that time in High School now.

try audiobooks?

stop staring at a screen 20 hours a day

that should do the trick

Bryan Magees videos like this one, they scattered all over YT.

youtube.com/watch?v=RPNNmWLmH2E

Same here, except I was addicted to games/TV so books simply weren't stimulating enough. I've cut these out almost completely and I can focus on reading almost as well as when I was a kid.

For anyone who wants a good starter set of Old-world philosophy here's a shortlist of the top 5 things psuedo-intellectual fags claim to have understanding of and don't. So learn em and then read other stuff and you'll actually see how full of shit most humanitities dicks are.

>Prince (Machiavelli)
>The Republic (Plato)
>Meditations (Aurelius)
>Nicomachean Ethics (Aristotle)
>Asthetics (Kant)

goddamn you are so funny, like are you a real human being? So funny.

is there something like this but unbiased?

>stash of pdfs
/diy/ fag here. Here's my source of pdfs, not humanities, but useful stuff.

survivorlibrary.com/?page_id=1014

I started reading a year ago, go to a library and pickup a short book that looks interesting, owning a physical book is harder for you to get distracted, while downloading a pdf you might read a a few pages, open Veeky Forums and forget about it the next day. You can read while you are on the bus or something, drop the book if you dont like it.

Might actually start reading this again today

Based Hesse

audiobooks

read is hard

This, and Blood Meridian if you want some manly literature.

Any mental gains podcasts you'd recommend Veeky Forums?

based is a dumb sounding word, but what does steppenwolf about

All I need for mental gains is Zyzz papers: tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/19392397.2016.1190287

Too hard to explain. Read it and you'll see

Crap.

t. economist

No, it's not an objective science. There are different schools of thought, and of course different normative goals. If you want the next best thing, read a book or two from all the major schools.

The Glorious path. Seth cooper

Thanks, I never would have found this. I need to visit that Veeky Forums more often.

>descartes meditations
>nietzche beyond good and evil
>sartre being and nothingness
>anything by John Fowles or Marshall Macluhan

Should be on the list as well, esp. Descartes epistemology and Nietzschean ubermensch. Tragically misunderstood works.

I haven't read nietzche but every quote of his that people spam sounds like he's a nihilistic faggot who doesn't into purpose

Ikr. The truth is further from that than you could imagine. Nietzsche discusses meaning on a self evident level, and encourages a life devoid of meaningless suffering. Purpose is an individual examination and not a systemic prescription. He also discusses self mastery through an incredibly frank outlook on free will and his so called "will to power". "Thus spoke zarathustra" is probably the most existentially energizing work ive read, other than sartre and is HIGHLY recommended if you find yourself jaded with lifes apparent pountlessness.

Keep the mental gains rollin bois

> He also discusses self mastery through an incredibly frank outlook on free will and his so called "will to power"
I'll have to give it a read.

"Thus spoke Zarathustra" senpai. You will fuckin love it. "Nietzsche: human, all too human" also a great doccie if you ever feel like learning about his tortured existence. And be warned. Its extremely feely.

Can anyone post the full thing?

>Veeky Forums has even worse taste than Veeky Forums
impressive

user below is right: Nietzsche hated nihilism, but also considered religion (and to some degree, politics) another form of nihilism, since it's based on fantasy and not something that actually exists ("Nihilist and Christian. They rhyme [in German], and they do indeed do more than just rhyme.").

Meaning is something one finds oneself, through the ubermench.

find something you actually like

I felt the same way, started reading a ton a nonfiction

I don't read books b/ween sets but these are all meme-tier self help for normies and/or autists.

Pic related is what I am reading rn. Next up is Pax Technica by Phillip Howard.

Oh wow, aside from Aesthetics by Kant, I own all of those books.

I don't understand why these threads need to exist? Wouldn't it be better just to ask this on a board that actually knows about books?

where do i start if i'm to stupid for philosophy?

Here most people have a self-bettering mind set, so its a good place to ask.

a dummies guide to investment

>Here most people have a self-bettering mind set

lol

what mindset do you think most people have here?

how new are you?
>he doesn't realize that each board has a different make up of users and thus different opinions
>and boards catered to a specific topic just repeat the same stupid advice, which is usually based on a hivemind than actual thought
you do not ask /a/ for anime recommendations
you do not ask /tv/ for film and tv recommendations
you do not ask /adv/ for advice
you do not ask Veeky Forums for book recommendations
you do not ask Veeky Forums for fitness advice

>you do not ask Veeky Forums for fitness advice
I'm pretty fucking new but wat?

desu it makes sense in some circumstances
going to /v/ for videogames for example

>tfw no gf

I've been here for about 2 months and I haven't seen a no gf thread once, only memes about them.

I've seen mirin threads and musclegirl threads but I figured that was just fetish-posting for pulling dick.

whats that normie shit, Veeky Forums only has intellectual capacity to read something that vague, fuck you

bretty good book

entertaining, somewhat informative, good for taking a break from heavy thinking.

It is a Veeky Forums institution that has been around for years. There's one right now , even though he fucked it up

I'm reading this right now, it's pretty nice.

ok

>through the ubermensch
Don't you become ubermensch by overcoming nihilism and religion by/and finding meaning for yourself?

epic book, theyre making a movie apparantly

>dull and dreary
Literally every leftist faggot that signals about having subjected himself to the torture of readding this opus says the same thing about it. Never anything about the content itself, the author, his motivations, the historical context or anything else. It's invariably a variation of "It drags on endlessly". Do you just parrot each other? has anyone of you actually read it?

this book is amazing wow. thanks for posting it

Have you ever considered that not only is that poster not a "leftist", but maybe they just didn't enjoy it?

I'm not a "leftist", but it is dull and dreary. Faggot.

>"leftist"
>quotation marks

you're a commie fag.

I read when I shit.

Finished like a 100 books like this.

have fun being homeless

is this lifechanging or worthless crap?

chess

This book was fucking stupid. It's nothing bot common sense and his bullshit stories about how he listened to some dude tell a story and in gratitude got a million dollars, a car, and his dick sucked.

Buy a kindle

god i hate all that self help crap. This and Njal's saga were probably the most influential books ive read in the last 5 years

norse sagas are manchild shit of no literary value, the predecessor of shit genre fiction. the poetic eddas has some value for their kennings and portrayal of the gods reminiscent of antiquity instead of christard feardom but it's mired in juvenile shit as well.

Is this book really good?

>no literary value
nice argument faggot. I bet you show off a bookshelf full of untouched tolstoy as the mark of your superior IQ

it must suck to be too stupid for tolstoy but given that you like norse sagas, it makes sense that you've stunted your brain with all that pleb manchild shit.

Baghavad Gita > the da vinci code >50 shades of grey >>>> norse mythology >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> your life story

Fountainhead is better imo

First and foremost this. Medidations by Marcus Aurelius is the starting point of becoming the stoic, rational alpha man you should be, Anons.

> Economics in One Lesson
> Crap

Go to bed Krugman. Nobody likes you anyway.

War and Peace
>tfw only 500 pages read so far
>tfw 700 left

Either/Or - Kierkegaard

It kills me that i'll never be able to thank him for Meditations. Also tfw I lost my bookmark and can't remember what page I was on

Great choice, user.

If you don't remember where you stopped, just start again senpai. Will refresh the knowledge on your head.

>a book written by a man who turned Germany from a smouldering crater after WW1 into one of the biggest superpowers in the world before WW2.
>someone could only suggest it was good as a joke
I'm sorry to tell you that liberalism is a mental illness and you suffer from it

>copy from school library
I think i'm going to get one to bring with me everywhere

>a book written by a man who turned Germany from a smouldering crater after WW1 into one of the biggest superpowers in the world before WW2 and then turned it into a smouldering crater once again

ftfy