/plg/ Powerlifting General

Powerlifting General
Thread dedicated to the sport of Powerlifting.
Squat/Bench/Deadlift

>friendship edition

Sheiko programs:

Beginner (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cfn4wy-9lc3mO5ObkoBU_Bf2GUtkr42gCyZS_hzeD4I/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Small Load (/plg/ internet exclusive)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A8YmCRV8hL4VFdMtuSzNAM_0wjPF4lj1HxHFEnMVers/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18nIdEHDGktGptKsWDQzowXkmHeM6XGMFj-TnGdQKLmY/edit?usp=sharing

Intermediate Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1htZVT7ltLYVBSB3Uh9PQKqARitj46IEgihbo3Uu04P0/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Medium Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-Yt4THa8mZNR81aUcgDVgdqTpc3GiAKLenx3Z7id0yE/edit?usp=sharing

Advanced Large Load
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1akqwfO1und1UI1zvnwK9KIMeJ-r0TLjYJMxi2cTp84c/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pls b friends here

wtf. klokov has fallen for the crossfit meme

It's what gives money for athletes like him. Going to crossfit gyms around the world and doing seminars teaching weightlifting.

He himself has no prejudice against crossfit but he has said that's not for him.

He's been trying to grow his own thing, crosslifting. Which is basically powerlifting+weightlifting+strongman.
It's actually really cool, but it's probably not gonna grow outside of Russia, and too difficult for new people to learn well.

check your email

bryce btfoing trappy was classic :joy: :ok_hand::skin-tone-2:

Trappy, what gym do you coach at?

Trappy made coaching up, the only coaching done was inside of ones head

Not working at any gym atm, I'm working in a hospital.

Why the fuck do I keep missing press ID lads? Every fourth or so week I get 4 rather than 5. It's only 65kg. Increasing in 0.5kg increments. I'm even doing lascek's press emphasis variation and still can't add that tiny increment to my 5RM every week. What gives? Am I really ready to move to triples at this piddly weight?

Wtf happened to the last thread? Trappy was completely BTFO and I went to sleep satisfied. Upon waking, the thread was pruned or deleted.

Move on to 2x3s, and do a few more sets on volume day.

yeah mod deleted the thread to protect trappys booty from getting even more BTFO I guess lol

Trappy makes me happy!

im going to eat this 2000kcal carrotcake and there is NOTHING any of you can do about it!

Every fucking day.

>Wtf happened to the last thread?
There was some good lifting talk. And some good lessons in humility for Trappy. I'm sure him and the orbiters reported it to hell.

Shame, too, because it was fun to talk to Bryce.

What lesson? Did I miss something?

Last I checked I'm not in the group that ran with their tails between their legs.

I already do 7x5 on VD at about 84% surely that's enough

I've always had this problem, even at the beginning. Will 2x3 really help this?

Also, main question: is it normal to progress THIS slow in my press? My big 3 fly up so I'm no GDE. Hence my choice of the press emphasis program. At this rate I stand to gain only 9kg to my.press in the next half year and am starting to feel like I'm wasting my time.

>tfw Gibbs has a micro penis

>pull ups
kek

>What lesson? Did I miss something?
What a smug cunt.

The lesson you "missed" was that most of the reputable trips here think that you are an annoying attention whore.

Most are just polite on accident because you are such a sensitive snowflake """""girl""""".

They're coming around. Bryce did a good thing.

Reminder that Trappy is a Veeky Forums janitor and that is the reason why threads get deleted and why he isnt banned from spamming pedophile anime.

>friendship edition

Yeah, press is just a difficult lift to advance.

2x3 will help for sure. The hardest part of the press is the bottom, doing less reps means you're spending less time at the hardest part.

If 7x5 isn't enough, you can do 6x5 at the start of the workout, and then after the squat or deadlift, you go back to the press and do 3x3 (or push presses).

The press is long test of resilience.

J-just flaccid user! Everyone's benis gets small when bench pressing, the blood is being recruited to the muscles.

>most of the reputable trips here think that you are an annoying attention whore

I'm sure user, I'm sure ;)

>Bryce did a good thing

Shitposting and derailing threads is now a good thing?

Funny isn't it? Hypocrisy that is. Good comedy fuel on a drama play, to lighten up the mood a bit.

Yes, it's normal. A big press takes a hell of a lot of time and effort to build.

Also that's a really high volume/intensity for VD. You might even want to consider backing off on that for a few weeks and seeing what happens.

>Last I checked I'm not in the group that ran with their tails between their legs.

Man I really Haino'ed up some deadlifts today. It was embarrassing. I tried to do a Mike T. style pressure breathing setup, and bounced a couple reps around like a Brazilian tranny fucker in a gaudily decorated apartment.

Ok thanks. Guess I just need to work on patience gains with it. God damn frustrating lift. Cheers. Just a thing, I tried push presses before and didn't see good results with them. Can you suggest another good press accessory? I already do cgbp and have no dip station in my home gym and no gym membership due to living in assfuck nowhere.

There you stupid faggots, changed my trip and name, you happy now? formerly known as trappy-chan

Have you tried Snatch presses?

You're not advanced enough to be incorporating all these variations and press accessories
But if you must, pushups and dumbell flys are good for stretching the pecs muscles
Floor presses are good too, but maybe wait on that for a little while, alright juniour ;)

Is hips shooting up in deadlift indicative of some problem other than too low start position?

A lot of this stuff depends on why your press isn't moving, but I've had good results from z presses and incline bench. I was also doing a fair bit of board work at the time, so who knows if that had anything to do with it.

Yes its indicative of shit deadlift form however elite lifters like weirzbicki can get away with it since he has monkey arms

Weak quads.

ahah this stupid fucking handicapped faggot

Literally who?

Really makes you think.

I missed all this Bryce stuff, I was just talking about BTFO her and cornering her on her psychiatry bullshit until she scurried away into hiding.

Tom Martin literally has perfect conventional technique. I can't think of anyone who's looks better.

Obviously yury Belkin is the equivalent for sumo. Although his is even better

I had it backed down to 4x5 at one point - I've experimented a lot with it and don't like whining on Veeky Forums, if I wasn't desperate I wouldn't be posting here. It always every 4th or even 3rd that i stall.

I got fat for this.

I haven't, and will incorporate now.

Thanks.

filip, mike t

Literally Blu

Was that the real Bryce in the other thread blowing the fuck out of Trappy or was that just Sean?

Yeah xe got blown the FUCK out

You mean trappy blowing the fuck out of bryce. Yes that was the real bryce, probably won't come back after being beaten by a tranny.

Trip on trannytrap

yeah that was him

Wow trappy taking his name off posts to say he won the victory.. A new low..

>him

Who? Trappy? xD

Wtf I love Bryce now.

Filip. Belkin is sick, but he's also pulling a megabendy bar. Pozdeev best slav.

It can mean your shoulders are behind the bar and not over it

I don't even like the tranny. but you guys are in denial, trappy clearly destroyed bryce in public.

>Tom Martin literally has perfect conventional technique
lmaooo not taking the bait

Trappy-chan kill count:
Lith
Lotus
Bryce
Anonymous

>implying anyone cares if you criticize your betters

Newb here

Am i right in assuming that, if you do all 3 of the major lifts with perfect form, deadlift is actually the safest one of the 3?

I keep hearing people mention about how they won't do deadlifts because they're afraid of injuries. But it seems like there's a much bigger risk you can snap some shit up while squatting or benching with perfect form than deadlifting with perfect form. Like, you keep seeing videos of people snapping their knees while squatting or tearing their pecs while benching, but i haven't really encountered any vid of people having an "instant" injury like that while deadlifting.

Tom martin was a pretty good powerlifter until he retired in 2015

Hey how do I fix my knee tendinitis?

Is he still natural?

Still couldnt beat sheikoexpert though LMAO

I'd say benching is the safest. I've gotten a disc bulge deadlifting, and believe me, it was very instantaneous.

I don't think there's any actual data on it, but anecdotally I've seen plenty of deadlifts where there's a pretty clear 'oh fuck' moment partway up and that's the end of the lift.

>getting injured

Isn't this just a meme?

Is it quad or patella i just got off of quad tendonitis

Lith was a faggot who exists in a state of BTFO. Trappy had nothing to do with that.

Lotus is a nigger and still obviously won their last confrontation.

Bryce is the best lifter in Australia, his mere presence BTFO dyel know it all Trappy.

I'm the user that BTFO her yesterday by winning an argument which she rage quit after revealing herself to be stupid as fuck then revealing herswlf to be the kind of dumbass who is unable to admit they're wrong so they continue trying to argue even though they don't know shit and are, in fact, a bitch.

Trappy BTFO

INB4 THREAD DELETED

Rest and keeping squats (and maybe DLs) under 50% until it heals

lmaooo no

Have you not?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wjq82nYPUeo

Anyway, these injuries (including the one above) are all from people using steroids. Muscle tears like that are extremely rare, and I've not seen one at all in drug tested powerlifting in three years

Injuries like that scare me, man

It feels like you just have to be lucky to not get them and there's nothing you can do to prevent getting it

isley was a pretty shitty powerlifter until he retired and became a forklift operator.

do i have to BTFO isley again?? it's as if the last two threads never happened.

More that you have to be unlucky to get them. Most tears are the result of accumulated damage and the lifter pushing through anyway rather than backing off and healing.

There are freak injuries that come out of nowhere but generally that's not the case.

Sounds boring as fuck but okay.

I'm still a shit powerlifter, Sean. I still lift my local IPF affiliate and hopefully will lift internationally (i.e. in the IPF) this year, work and savings willing.

Idk do you want to heal or just hurt yourself? Healing can be boring.

No, that is the priority, it just blows.

With my quad tendonitis dl didn't effect it at all but anything that even simulated a squat did

Trappy did beat him to the ground, I just forgot to include his name

Nice delusion

Yeah same but it's conceivable that a deadlift could hurt it.

>literally ran from the discord like a pussy

But how do you notice when you're starting to accumulate damage so you can start backing off and rest in time? Because i can imagine it can be hard to feel when the damage has just started appearing.

My deadlift is improving pretty good and i don't have any pain in my lower back or anything, but the fact that it's improving so much also makes me scared i will push my body too much without knowing it and causing some kind of injury.

Ok trappy. Since you deleted the evidence in the last thread, I'll be happy to BTFO again if you're not too busy scurrying back to your orbiter chat.

Deficts is the only dl id stay away from with tendonitis

>the only poster who really stays on topic is trappy
>trappys mere presence derails posts

Maybe time to take your trip off, Mate

I always round my back when I deadlift (lmao bruh only 2pl8). I feel my lower back isn't recovering fast enough. I'm thinking of switching to sumo. I don't ever plan on competing, just making gains and getting stronger all around. Do you think that sumo could help me achieve these 2, and if so, to the same extent conventional would?

You'll know. 99% of the time the twinges, the aches and the pains start showing up before the real injuries do.

The trick just becomes knowing exactly how far you can push into them before things really go to hell. But that's not really an issue unless you're at a fairly high level. The lesser of us don't need to go that far to keep improving.

i miss my gym buddy now, thanks for nothing trappy

(thanks for your continued helpful posting tho, you have a thankless job but i bet i'm not the only one who finds your advice helpful)

Shut the FUCK up you faggot

Ok trappy

Trip ON

My back just won't get better.
Resting does nothing,maybe even worse ATM.
Stretching is a real pain,I'm pain free for a bit but the next day is hell.
Currently on a forced stop till Monday,thinking on just getting a tricep/bicep/chest pump for another week and rest my back more.
I'm wondering if I should just let it be or stretch/mobilize etc.
I think I have a shit tight muscle that fucks my QL and erectors

Shut the FUCK up you faggot

dude i have shat on your in the past about your eyes during deadlifts but i genuinely like you and want to see you in the IPF. i think you're pretty cool and no homo but you're a p. good looking chap as well when you aren't deadlifting (no homo).

t. tipsy user

Lower back? Take a month off / go super light and do mcgills big 3 every day
Then start working back up and do a bunch of snatch grip deadlifs

bump

i'm not trappy

I've been doing DLs for a couple of months without any stretching or mobility work, but i always make sure i do enough warm up sets. So far it's been going great and my back still feels just fine.

Will i eventually snap my shit up in the future because i don't stretch/work on my mobility?

Hi I tried to talk to you in the last thread but it got deleted.

Do you mind answering a few questions?

What is it like to have trappy as coach?
Do you feel she is helping much?
Does she help improve your technique?
Is her advice good?
Do you talk to her via webcam?
does she have a cute accent and cute voice?
Is she a firm authoritarian coach or a girly cute coach?

And what program are you doing? Just Sheiko or a trappy program?

I'm curious on how it is, I envy you not for being a talentchad, but for working with trappy =(

pls respond as soon as possible I can't sleep without this

I have same question
Pic related its me

Maybe. Maybe not.

Depends whether you actually need it.

Ok trappy