"First time I went hunting and was successful, I was like “OooOOohh kay, I get it now, this is, oh this is nuts, ooh...

>"First time I went hunting and was successful, I was like “OooOOohh kay, I get it now, this is, oh this is nuts, ooh.. what a crazy thing to do. And it’s also… in a weird…odd way..there’s a helplessness that you feel when you’re in nature, that I think is almost psychedelic. Because like, when you go and you.. not even like hunting, I’m just talking about go to a place where theres no cell phone signal at all. Go deep into the woods, and you will feel vulnerable as fuck. You feel vulnerable, and then you start thinking, holy shit, there's bears out here *looks over at Jamie* there’s fucking MOUNTAIN lions out here FOR REAL *looks back at guest* I’m in.. in.. in.. where they live! This where THEY live! This isn’t like a mountain lion in Santa Monica in like, a freak incident, *looks back at Jamie* like you’re going where THEY live, and where people DON'T live."

- Joe Rogan

Yeah, you go there with a gun and shoot them.

Wow, what a king!

I think he is hunting with a bow.

ok

whats your point op?

I remember hiking the pacific crest trail, that 2600 mile mex to can thing, and several times being like fuck yah. You definitely get different vibes out there, and to keep this fit we made 50 miles one day cuz we wanted to make it in time for a buffet. So, fitness I guess?

hunters crack me the fuck up. I've hunted all my life and I don't see why people treat it as this euphoric experience. You have a gun or a bow that's created by engineers, you have the sharpest blades on the planet, sometimes you have a GPS system, walkie talkie, deer scent cover, camo, a tent, flashlights, etc. It, in no way, recreates what hunting was like back in the early ages of man.

Modern hunting is essentially like prehistoric hunting with the cheat codes turned on. Joe just busted a nut over his first kill because he's lived in major cities his whole life.

Nothing beats elk steak, though.

What about PrimitiveTechnology though? Is he cool?

the vegans are out in force tonight

I live in Oregon and want to train for the PCT. How was it? Any more stories/photos?

Bow hunter here. Most hunters don't treat it as a euphoric experience. Nor are they under the illusion that they're doing the same thing as prehistoric humans.

I'm probably telling you something you already know, but the appeal isn't from the difficulty of the hunt. Part of the appeal is from being the one that kills the animal you're eating. It's being able to appreciate that what you're eating was a live, walking animal enjoying its life. The other appeal is just the rush and adrenaline you get from seeing your target walk up on you, and having to battle all the excitement, etc.

i would marry this girl without even meeting her beforehand

Pussy faggot.

joe rogaine is my favorite natural normie

>lmao this guy USES A BOW what a king

>DUDE
>WEED

how do people listen to this meathead 3 hours a fucking day 5 days a week

how do people even have time to listen to that much

He has admitet to being on a test regimen, and trying human growth hormone

He's on TRT.

But honestly Joe Rogan opened my eyes to hunting. It's a way more humane way to get your meat than factory farming and the meat from 1 elk can last you a couple years. That elk already lived out the majority of its life and it faces other predators as well in the wild so why not you? If only I had the money and people to go hunting with I would be so down to do it.

Rogan is a dangus and an opinion parrot, but he he's pretty popular, has a huge audience and and a pretty high production value for a podcast. Once in a while he'll get a great guest that's really smart or interesting. Skip the Duncan, Schaub, Aubrey, and UFC shit and it's pretty good to listen to in the background while you do other shit.

This is what a pleb i am: I watch joe rogans podcast on youtube

hunting would be cool if you can get like hundreds of pounds of meat for free

the guests

rogaine does a decent job of keeping it casual but at the same time discussing all sorts of shit with all sorts of people. some of my favorites recently have been steve rinella and jordan peterson

also i listen to him when im getting ready in the morning

Remember if you hunt animals in any other method than persistence hunting you aren't a man.

>shoot defenceless animal with gun from 50ft away
as long as its for food its fine, but i dont get why you idiots brag about killing animals with guns

This is why I want to go boar hunting with a spear. Going to bring like 10 friends though. Fuck going 1v1 with a boar, I want to blot out the sun with spears and reign hellfire upon his carcass.

oh and elk burgers are fucking delicious, I had them high once at a hunterbros place.

Try it faggot

It's not as easy as it looks to do it well & successfully harvest the meat without waste

Hell - dressing large game & butchering are also skills all real men should know

The Jordan Peterson one was really good.

If you lift you can fucking rip the skin off a deer pretty fast. Impresses the normies.

I'm mostly triggered by people who hunt lions and shit like that

>Major Fight Companion
>Eddie Bravo is in the title.
>everyone when trying to calm Eddie down on the left

If it makes you feel better, they tend to pick out older males who control harems but stopped reproducing. Culling them off for profit helps fund conservation efforts and opens up the female pool for younger males who couldn't breed before because the old fucker had years of veteran combat experience.

What's a good way to get into hunting? None of my friends are hunters. I have experience with firearms and took a butchering class, but I don't know where to begin to actually go out into the field.

>tfw when took to much alpha brain

You could pay a hefty price to go on an expedition with one of the hunting services. They do those things for bear and other big game. Or you can accept that your first few expeditions will likely yield nothing and learn by yourself/information online the hard way.

>literally affirmative action
nah fuck that

I'm fine with no quarry on my first few attempts, but I don't know what to look out for. Any good youtube channels you recommend?

Honestly I'd ask /out/ and /k/ for recommendations.

yeah he's dope. dude makes a fucking house with a goddamn fireplace.

If you were actually a hunter you would realize that the quantity of land available to hunt, and the amount of animals on said land, is greatly reduced in comparison to the prehistoric era that you reference. Furthermore, not everyone hunts in scent-blocking under armour realtree with a .308 from a blind over a clover bed they planted. Some of us hunt trad archery or ground-stalk elk through the rockies.

kek what a fag

he's a fat, bald manlet who has a lot of strong opinions.

A lot of people can relate to him because of that.

>fat
U wot m8?
He's a fit dude with an amazon wife, two kids and a ton of money from his various business endeavors where he gets to travel the world and talk to interesting people. But I already know you're gonna get hung up on the manlet meme and assume she's cheating on him because you're unhappy with your love life.

I listen in the car. And when I chores around the house

Joe is a meathead but he has interesting guests and covers a broad range of topics