Worn out from PPLxPPL (1.5 to 2 hours in the gym 6 days a week is too much)

>worn out from PPLxPPL (1.5 to 2 hours in the gym 6 days a week is too much)
>too strong for Full Body (takes me like 3+ hours)
>had shit gains on Upper/Lower

Should I just give in and go back to bro-splitting like when i first started lifting all those years ago?

I kinda miss just blasting 1 muscle group for 30-40 minutes and then leaving the gym pumped as fuck. I made most of my gains doing that, so I'm not sure why I stopped doing it, I must have got caught up in all the science meme'ing on here.

Chest - Monday
Back - Tuesday
Shoulders - Wednesday
Arms - Thursday
Legs - Friday
Calves/Abs - Saturday

^Literally the best gains I had ever made was doing that. Lots of sets squeezed into 30-40minutes.

>mfw made better gains doing retarded shit then I ever did doing science shit

Other urls found in this thread:

blestcoaching.com/guided-template
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oh and because I only lifted for 30-40 min on the bro-split, I always did 20-30 minutes of cardio after lifting.

Since I switched to more science-based routines that take 2+ hours to complete, I stopped doing cardio all together.

I wonder if that's a contributing factor as to why I'm struggling to stay as lean as I once did back in the bro-split days.

Brosplits allow for a lot more work to be done in a very short amount of time because you are always fresh and never beaten up too much. For getting jacked and lean they are the bomb.

I do cooldicadas ppl and one training session takes max 1h. Only swapped leg press to romanian deadlift tho.

cant you modify your PPL to be shorter? 1,5 hours seems long

If i make it any shorter, I start missing out on important stuff, which I wouldn't miss out on in a bro-split.

Just do ppxppxx and do squats on pull days

That sounds horrible.

L-U-x-Legs-Push-Pull-x-x

So what exactly do you consider the important stuff?

Not him, but it's not bad. Doing squats then bench/OHP is a bit tiring though, so make sure to take some rest.

It's a retarded idea if you want to stack volume.

You will make great gains if you program your Upper/Lower efficiently
There is no way you can make better gains on a stupid bro split that has been made for steroid users and by then, there isnt enough frequency to get better in the lifts and not enough muscle protein synthesis.
>Inb4 "thats science bs i made great gains on bro splits"
Thats true I didnt make it up my ass..
Dont get me wrong you can get bomb gains on brosplit its just that you can get more by diffrent programs,you were just a novice back then therefore you think you made the best gains on bro split but in fact it was your "noob gains"

You sound like a bad forum post dubs-kun. All of this science mumbo-jumbo falls flat when stacked against real-world evidence. The guys blasting away with retarded amounts of volume on their brosplits are the ones that make gains in the end. "Optimal training" has only created skinny-fat Blaha clones.

Typically, volume isn't the only thing they're blasting.

the only real thing i hate about pplpplx is that chest/shoulders are the same day. i really would like a routine that separates the two. i wouldnt mind doing the routine you posted tho

That's as much intellectual sloth as saying the OP's progress was due to "noob gains".

This is my PPL(s)x

Push:
Bench press 3x5
Incline 3x8
Dumbbell chest flies 3x10
*Another chest fly machine occasionally 3x10
Tricep pushdowns 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10
Abs/obliques (as much as you want / have energy for)

Pull:
Deadlifts (every other pull day) 3x5
Rows (switch up variations) 3x5
Lat pull downs 3x10-12 (over or underhand grip switch it up every now and then)
Finish with biceps (kill as much as wanted)

Legs:
Squats 3x5
OHP 3x5
Leg extensions 3x12
Leg curls 3x10
Lateral raises 3x10
Calves 3x15
Finish with whatever energy you have for shoulders

Dunno, been working for me. Feel free to criticize.

upper lower push pull legs, 5/3/1 on main lifts, whatever accessory lifts you need

best of both worlds

Forgot to mention there is more lat work on pull day if needed

Why would I criticise something that works?

Not really. The amount of gymgoers on gear is fucking insane these days, as is the dosage half the time - about a third or so of male lifters have used at some point.

>about a third or so of male lifters have used at some point
No way, Jose.

Do you honestly believe that amount of bullshit you are spewing?

That's funny because when I used to train at a commercial gym with bros like your self they all had 185 bench and bird chests you know why? Improper programing, they were small and weak only those who blasted were big.
Then I moved to a powerlifting/hardcore gym there guys ran strength programs with volume (not ss) and they were big and strong, one guy has a 200 kg squat at 17 years old and hes not fat, one guy who is natty af did a 180(405) bench at 18-19 and he is big unlike you, keep "pumpin" those 12 inch arms of yours and sippin overpriced whey, strength programs that are properly programed and have volume in them will get you big, very big.

>(strength) training
>with proper volume
Is what I advocate.

To carry on a big - training methods that don't suck:

>Sheiko
>Westside/WS4SB
>Doggcrap
>Mountain dog
>Juggernaut
>5/3/1
>PHUL/PHAT
>proper splits

do you do anything for shoulders???

My squat went from 155 to 260, dead 215 to 325, bench 165 to 220 in 2 months on SS. Ya it really "sucks", you dumb fuck.

Have you increased calories sufficiently? PPLPPL requires a lot more than a regular brosplit. Anyway, if you get better gains on a brosplit why wouldn't you do it? The gains are after all the goal, not sticking to a certain routine.

why does Veeky Forums hate split routines so much

He's talking about intermediate and up routines, you dip. Also why does that guy pose when he has kifljice to bake.

you're already missing out the frequency on a brosplit.

How strong are you that you're too strong for full body? Because you aren't.

You're just out of shape.

Noob gains you weak bitch.

This^^ 100% You're NEVER too strong for full body

How so? I do PPL and it takes me 1 hour, maybe 1h15min on chest day because I added a couple of small exercises.

FB is bad for hypertrophy.

What day would you do cleans on

t. DYEL

No dipshit - you gas yourself pretty fast on the big compounds and when the time comes for dumbells and isolations you are trashed. You do FB when you are short on time and want the most bang for your buck.

Way to prove yourself to be even more of a DYEL than I initially thought.

Good luck working at your fullest when your squat and DL worksets are all in the high hundreds.

>squat one day
>deadlift the next
>squat the next
>deadlift the last
>flat bench 3x per week
>incline day 4
>light shoulder work daily
>pulling daily
>maybe some arm work
>maybe some ab work

How to do full body.

I don't like it that much but that's one way of making it not suck.

It's literally the best way to see gains as a natty. Instead of having all of your volume over 1-2 days, you have a little bit each day. It still ends up being the same weekly volume, but you have higher frequency for each muscle group/lift and frequency and volume are what make you get bigger and stronger as a natural lifter.

>too strong for Full Body (takes me like 3+ hours)
What are you doing for those sessions? Even the shittest volume days on the Texas Method don't come close to that.

Depends. Some guys complain about nagging injuries on high-frequency routines. I've personally done Sheiko and Bulgarian-style training in the past and the frequency just drives me nuts. To each his own.

Blevins has some nice full body programs out and he's strong as fuck

blestcoaching.com/guided-template

OP I'm actually in the exact same boat. I do PPL and focus on the heavy lifts. But doing heavy squats and deadlifts twice a week can be physically, emotionally, and mentally draining. I've been thinking if I should just do PPL once a week. Or if I stick with PPLxPPL, one of those I would deload and go for reps. This way I could recover better and go heavy for the other PPL days.

Anyone had this same issue with PPL?

BTW, I'm making great strength gains, getting a new max like every 1-2 weeks after already hitting 1/2/3/4. I'm just drained from PPLxPPL, too much time consumed.

you don't have to lift heavy 2x a week. have your first 3 PPL be heavy and the next 3 more hypertrophy/speed based

>takes over 90 mins to do ~20 sets

Stop fucking around if it takes you that long.

Also, get rid of tricep pushdowns and move lat raises and OHP to push day. I'd add some face pulls or rear delt flies to pull days as well.

Shouldn't take more than an hour.

1. It's better to hit each muscle group 2-3 times a week instead of just once

2. A classic "bro-split" (as opposed to PPL, PHUL, PHAT, UL, etc.) usually ends up putting too much volume on Chest and sometimes Arms, and not enough on Legs.

Monday: Chest Bi
tuesday: Legs ( Back pump workout without lower back use Latpulldown or Pullups)
Wednessday: free
Thursday:Shoulders (front, side) , triceps
Friday: Back, Biceps , Neck, rear delts
Sat:free
Sunday:free
If Hardgainer go one day training, one day free

Abs,forearms and Calves can be added to the days.

Rule 3: Max 3 sets per ex, max 3 exercis per muscle group a day, max 3 times a week

Why this split: It doesn´t overlap

What's wrong with tricep pushdowns? I quite like them 3x15 at the end of my workout because of the pump they give me.

I like it, looks like mine but where is your shoulderwork?

What are the decent routines for lifting 3 times a week for someone at upper intermediate/advanced strength levels?

Starting Strength.

6'0" 96kg here

Bro split is THE BEST unless you are low test af

On a week with no motherfucking holidays to interrupt my routine I workout for 2-3hours 7 days a week.

Shoulders2x
Chest2x
Back2x
Legs1x

Nothing is wrong with them, but you're already doing skullcrushers and you say that it's taking too much time. Get rid of the skullcrushers and keep the pushdowns if it makes you happy (I hate them personally).

Triceps get tons of work from benching and OHP, so you don't need 150 reps of isolation work a week as well.

Doing exact same thing. I added weighted pullups to pull day

>5/3/1
>volume

>Needing gas in the tank for small muscle group isolations

>I'm too strong for a full body routine

what the fuck are you talking about

Do you know how I know you're weak?