In 2017 I will finally grow a beard using Minoxidil

In 2017 I will finally grow a beard using Minoxidil

The anecdotal evidence is overwhelming that it works. By applying Minox 5% to my face daily for the next 6-12 months, I will attain a manly beard that I never dreamed possible due to my chronic lack of androgen receptors and cortisol ravaged body

Anyone else going on a beard journey this coming year?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/
roberttisserand.com/2013/02/lavender-oil-is-not-estrogenic/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>mfw I've heard it can worsen tinnitus

Enjoy smearing that nasty shit on your face.
I put that shit on my scalp daily and I hate it, couldn't even imagine how disgusting it would be on my face.
Thankfully I have a great beard.

Stay mad, baldy

I don't know. I'm really tempted also. I'm 22 and look like absolute shit, so a beard would help.

I'dl ike to try minox, but I'm wondering if there aren't safer means to get a beard, like gaining weight? I'm severly underweight and I wonder if this doesn't cause some shit on that level.

>he spent hundreds of dollars to grow a terrorist beard

really makes you think

what kind of man requires some shit to grow a fucking beard? people that can't grow beards are even worse than manlets

Have been using for last 3 months

AMA

how does it feel not being a real man?

TFW you're a manlet and also can't grow a beard.

>mfw rogaine starts to burn
>mfw flaky skin because that shit dries it out within seconds
>mfw accidentally getting a bit on my lips and tasting the disgusting bitterness

mr peanut?

i think he got enough shit for his cue ball so i didn't think it was worth mentioning

I shaved my chin fluff for christmas and I got ID'd the day after

Dont spill it, youll end up with hobbit feet

Some beards just come at a late age. My best friend couldnt grow a beard until he was 28....just saying...

I've heard it causes you to get saggy and wrinkley skin and also baggy eyes. Basically it ages you. Have you had this happen? Want to use it, but I like my youthful skin.

>and I got ID'd the day after
>ID'd

What?

>tfw beardlet
I have decent hair on the rest of my body too, this is fucking bullshit.

English colloquialism
it means the shop attendant asked for proof of age (identification) when trying to buy restricted products (alcohol, tobacco, etc.)

Nope. Heard the same. My skin is pretty shit though and i have acne scars (why id like a beard) so it probably isnt as recognizable. Liquid version makes your skin dry and flake like a bitch though.

Working so far? Hairs going terminal yet? Convinced gains will last post-minox?

I don't really get why someone would do this, it costs alot of money and supposedly it fucks up your skin.
t. beardlet.

give it time brethren

Doesn't this shit make some people's hair fall out?
Not worth the risk desu.

Yes working so far. All vellus but i think it will go terminal. Far better coverage than i thought - i intend to do 6 months then wean off and see where i stand after 3 without it. I assume all of it wont sray but if 75% does ill be very happy. Only side effects so far (i usually use 1ml once a day, sometimes twice, 5%) are dry skin and some unwanted vellus by the high cheeks and temples (plucked - only i spotted them, not worried)

oh shit never knew that was a colloquialism

>it cost a lot of money

where do you retards get this from? generic minoxidil 5% is less than 20 dollars for a three month supply.

I've been using it the last month or two, not religiously(twice a day, everyday), but usually at least once a day, occasionally missing a day. I've noticed hair filling in my cheeks where it wasn't before.

no.

My biggest concern is that the hairs won't go fully terminal or if they do, they will still fall out months/years after stopping Minox. Also, I have had acne for 20 years and worried I'll break out but prepared to risk it

There are so many guys on Youtube who have undoubtedly had great results from minox. But no one has been off it long enough yet to know whether the gains are permanent or if the minox usage causes any long term health problems etc

Even so, I am going for it. I can't stand to be a babyface any longer. I don't even want a fucking beard, I think they look stupid. I just want normal stubble with good coverage like every other normal human male

This seems like a good idea, but after some googling i ran into a couple of words/concepts im not sure about. Can anyone shed some light on this?

1) Vallus - Thin white hair? My "beared" is basically just that. Minox is supposed to make those thicker, right?
2) Hair going terminal: I guess that does not mean "terminally ill"? Is that the process of thin hair becomming thicker?
3) "dht inhibitor"? Wat?

Thanks.

Vellus hairs are the blonde hairs that are not fully developed. Once a vellus hair goes terminal, the follicle is fully activated and the dark, course hair it produces is permanent.

DHT inhibitors stop/slow down balding. DHT being the hormone responsible for male pattern baldness

>tfw beardlet and chinlet

Fuck i need surgery and a beard so bad

6 month supply from amazon for 5% is $30.
Shits gross though, gets my hair all nasty.

>No ma'am beards are NOT for hiding weak jaws and ugly faces, they are the mark of a truly masculine male, such as myself. Everybody looks better with one! How did I grow it out to this length? Well you see I rub this chemical meant for balding males on my face twice daily and carefully trim it twice a week to get my desired look. It takes roughly as much effort as putting on makeup for a woman, b-but beardsthetics are different because beards are for men!

fuck a beard journey. been there and done that. I started this recent beard trend back in 2008, now I've jumped ship and am rocking stubble round the clock. I'd advise you do the same.

>Beards are a part of masculine culture that has existed since cavemen times! Who cares that I can't grow one naturally, I'm sure the Vikings would have rubbed Rogaine on their face if it was available to them!

You seem upset

>exactly the same concept as whey protein

>psssh taking care of your appearance is the plight of wommen.... unless of course we are talking about a lads chin-mane! I reccomend applying balding medication to the lower half of your face just as I do! Now if youll excuse me, I have an Art of Manliness article to read...

If I have a bunch of vellus all over my cheeks, does this mean I'll eventually have serious beard-growing abilities? Not on minox btw

>"why do you have all these pictures of men in hats saved on your phone user?"

>oh you have a boyfriend... and he doesn't have a beard!? Well I do believe you may in fact have a girlfriend! *chuckles lightly* So what if he has a better job, physique and longer penis! Beards are what make a true man! Uh oh I must leave! My scheduled minoxodil application is in 30 minutes!

You see honey, I do this thing called "shitposting" It's an avant garde form of communication literature that exists in Japanese cartoon imageboards.

gaining weight increases the surface area of your face and increases the amount of estrogen in yolur system

OMG how alpha! You must be really popular and have a tremendous income.

Thanks, but you'll have to excuse me, I have to apply balding medication to my face now, otherwise I'll lose all of my manly beard gains!

>smearing chemicals on your face to grow a meme beard

kek, beardlets are pathetic

Dont forget to check Veeky Forums on the way and post some pictures! Stay lucky, buddy!

desu shaved pic looks better than his juiced beard

Tried it a year, didnt really work for me

If you're a fat fuck

Lets see dem beards boys

Anything above two weeks of not shaving looks like absolute fucking trash. There has never been a long beard that looks decent in anyway

Clean shaven or light to medium stubble is acceptable. Everything else is trying too hard

>losing your natty card for this

>Desperately want facial hair
>Already have sunken heroin addict eyes
Why is it like this

>that neckroll
how fat r u?

This. My biggest reservation is the possibility that all the hair falls out after using Minoxidil.

Anyone have experience with this?

gona fuck up your heart amigo
but gl nonetheless

Not fat at all

Used minox for about one and a half months and got pretty decent results as in a fuller "beard" around the mouth area and now also vellus on my previously baby smooth cheeks.
Stoped because cba buying new can and it also looked like my face got a little pluffy.
Im probably gonna give it another try next year though.
Also the gains have stayed for atleast 5 months now.

If I buy this stuff to get beard gains how often should I be using it? Twice a day? Once a day?

Can I wash my face a few minutes after application or does it have to stay on?

>gona fuck up your heart amigo
What's the deal with this? I have read something about minox originally being used for treating high blood pressure when they discovered the hair growth side effect.

Can this (topically applying blood-pressure-lowering medication) do long term damage to your heart?

Makes your left ventricle grow larger after using for like 6 months for some people.

What's the point? Most guys look better clean shaven. Beards only look acceptable on older men. Otherwise, you'll look unkempt and simply worse.
I have delicate, velvety skin and my own facial hair growth causes places affected to become red and itchy. I'd rather if it didn't grow at all, since it is useless and just a chore.

Is there something not dangerous I can do to speed up facial hair growth? I have a lot of thin bright hair tho, but I have to cut them, cause I don't want to look like fifteen.

Oh shit, thanks for the heads up. I just read a paper about how oral minox can cause LVH and I guess it makes sense that topically applied minox can also get absorbed in the bloodstream and elicit similar effects.

>tfw hair was always thick as fuck, and literally no one in my family has ever been bald
>start going bald all of the sudden out of nowhere at age 24
>beard is still patchy on the sides because polacks are not hairy people

FOR FUCKS SAKE. This shit sucks. At least right now it's not too bad. I can feel the hair on top thinning out and my temples have receded and thinned out, but it's not so bad that I have to go shave my head yet or anything like that. But if it continues at this rate, I'll have a nice big bald spot on the back of my head in a year.

I'm thinking about starting Rogaine. Any success/horror stories? Any downsides anyone has experienced with it? I'll also try to get my hands on a finasteride script, although I don't even know how to do that. Will your regular family doctor right a script for that, or do you have to go to a special dermatologist just to get it?

Haha, I'm Polish too. I have barely any hair on the upper side of my body, except my head, which is thick and lush.
I only need to shave once per week and my growth pattern looks exactly like Johnny Depp's.
I'm 26.

>but I'm wondering if there aren't safer means to get a beard

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4289931/

>essential oils
Enjoy you gyno. That shit mimics estrogen.

That's really interesting, thanks for sharing. Will be trying this out for sure.

it's recommended twice a day and to leave it on for four hours to let it fully soak in

I usually do it once a day and have still been making decent gains, but it is important to keep up with it

this beard is terrorist-tier
an ugly terrorist that is

>mimics estrogen
Explain.

literally muslim tier

Is it noticeable in your hair/scalp? I'm concerned because having to apply twice daily seems very impractical. Especially if it needs to stay in for 4 hours. And I can't brush my hair (wavy/curly hair looks like I got electrocuted if I try combing it)

I would say it is not very noticeable at all to others, in fact it 'feels' like it's soaked in within a half an hour.

I have only used it on my face so I can't comment about the scalp, but it really isn't much of an inconvenience. I brush my teeth and smear the shit on my face. It takes about one minute.

Thanks for the reply. Do you moisturize afterwards to avoid the "flaky skin" side effect that many complain about?

Also, how long has it been since you started and what would you consider "decent gains"?

overgeneralized broscience i'm guessing. I don't think it's possible to make such a blanket statement about ALL essential oils. Take lavender oil (another hair growth promoter) for example: roberttisserand.com/2013/02/lavender-oil-is-not-estrogenic/

yes, I definitely recommend grabbing some lotion as well. when I first started, my face got very dry and the cold weather certainly did not help either. just let it soak in for four hours without washing or moisturizing.

I guess I started about two months ago. I have definitely gone days without using it at all and most days I have only applied it once. That being said, my once bare cheeks are getting more terminal hairs all the time.

The first month or so you won't notice much difference, but I highly recommend keeping up with it at least through two to three months.

Good luck, user.

i used it from nov 2014 to august 2015, all the extra growth is still there plus maybe a tad more due to aging; i think the way it works is that it promotes new growth but when used on a scalp thats balding its losing vs gaining, but once use is halted, the balding just returns, however you never lose your beard hair naturally so once minox is stopped it doesnt mean the hair will then be lost as the follicles have been grown and are there to stay

Thanks for the feedback user. Will probably try once-a-day minox (at night) and use a combination of peppermint oil and lavender oil in the morning.

Facial hair growth is quite different from the scalp.
Continuous action of DHT on facial follicles induces hair growth, so with age you tend to have more terminal hair on your face and it grows quicker.
But, for those predisposed to balding, DHT causes shrinkage of hair follicles on their scalp, resulting in balding.
It's a well known myth that balding is related to the male side of your family - evidence points that it's females that carry the gene.
In my own family, I have seen that.

>thinking wanting a 3mm long slayer beard makes you the same as aut-right incels wanting to LARP as viking nerdics

Allahu akbar infidel

that is the worst beard I have ever seen, shave it user

get the liquid solution for hair
foam for beard

my friend has been using the foam for beard for the last few months. he went from a little mustache and chinstrap to filling out pretty nicely. using it now to fill in small patches in my upper cheeks myself.

>foam for beard
Interesting - does this make application easier with less sides or something? Was thinking it could potentially evaporate faster and not leave dried out skin, maybe requires less than the recommended 4 hours for liquid to totally soak in?

>25 years old
>this is as much beard as i can grow

i cant grow a goatee but the cheek hair only grows for a few days. i always have to trim it all with a beard trimmer because goatees look terrible, and if i let it grow the goatee gets really dark but the cheeks stay dirty looking

On January 1 I'm going clean shaven for the first time in like 3 years. I'mm probably look 15

nigga you seem 40 wtf is up with your grey hair

you've seen some spooky shit didnt you?

its a pretty bad predicament for me and why i'm ugly as fuck

i have gray hairs throughout my head because my parents both went gray at like 30.

i can barely grow facial hair except in the weird pattern seen, so when i do grow it i look older like an alcoholic or something. but i'm skinny as fuck so when i'm clean shaven i look like a kid and it makes my grossly cartoonish face look even worse

i cant win in anything.

This, my dad can grow a very full, big beard, but told me he couldn't do it until he was about 30. He said at my age (20) he had barely any facial hair, the pathetic pubey patches I can grow is already more than he had at this age, so I have hope.

>tfw 19 and can't grow a mustache
Feels good to be asian

made me lol

>2016
>paying to grow a beard

My beard is pretty aesthetic and I enjoy growing it, but I get much shit from the general plebs.

Beard growth continues well into your 20's, so even if it "works" all you did was wait for your beard genetics to finally kick in.

tfw you're a balding manlet who can't grow a beard

that's a pretty nice colloquialism

How do I know if I'll be able to grow a good beard? I'm 18 and can grow like quarter inch stubble in 1-2 weeks.

fucking kek

It shouldn't have any bald patches and it should have a nice thickness overall.