/running/

what's your excuse for not running today?

pic related from my 5k run earlier this evening

feels good man

it's snowy and cold. why would i subject my lungs to that

why not?

I hate running distance even though it can be comfy running through the neighborhood in the evening

Sprints/HIIT/jump rope/route running for flag football are my go tos

I want to cardio outside, especially run. But I have no safe place to do it.

I live in the suburbs and I'm afraid I'd get run over by someone reversing out of their drive way.

>What are headlights

>route running
>flag football
How often do you take it up the ass?

I have shin splints like a bitch

My excuse, is and has always been, running is for massive low test faggots.

Seriously... what are you running from, pussy?

America's #1 killer, heart disease

Running is a meme

can't run 500m without coughing my lungs out

i ran 8 miles today user, it was nice. planning to run half marathon on monday to start the new year

also, anyone here have hip pain after running? my left hip joint burns a tiny bit post run recently but clears up after a few days. then it happens again. halp me.

Use you eyes and ears. If you're deaf you can still look for cars. If you don't have good enough vision to see if cars are backing up into you then you probably can't even see where you're running anyway.

Try different shoes

Will running and eating less cure me of fatass disease?

German running and roadbikefag here

Yup

Did a 5k the day before and another one planed tomorrow. Will post pix if the thread still exists....

Why is there no /cardio/ or /triathlon/ on fit ?

Sheeet, OP. You're making me consider going on a bike ride today. I may get some winter gear on and go. The snow has pretty much melted.

But I am planning on running. Have to burn off my holiday munches.

Start slowly

Run 100 meters , walk 400 meters.

Try a "couch to 5k in 30 days"-guide

i started a new job as forklift driver after being made redundant and my hours are all over the place right now ( early of late shifts) plus my new work boots have given me amazing blisters on the bottom of my feet which burst and are now healing, once i sort my hours out to get more consistency i will be back to running a 5k 4 times a week after i spend a week in full depression as i attempt to do one and realise how out of shape ive gotten through simply not doing it for a few weeks

sounds good, but I don't know if it's only because I'm a fatfuck or if I actually have problems with my breathing (lungs are okay according to doc)

Dont give up. When i started running i felt like shit every time because i wanted to much to early.

If you dont fell good or have pain take an additional recovery day.

Getting shot in my shit neighborhood.
I'm trying to run before work but since I go to work at different times, my sleeping schedule is so fucked.

>try couch to 5k
>can't do the 15+ minute runs, always need to stop
what do?

It's OK to stop jogging half way. Just run again when you catch your breath or pace yourself better

I'm bulking

Cardio will strengthen your lungs.
Keep aiming to run for 15 min. Sooner or later you'll do it and eventually it will feel easier.

Go back a couple days in the program

Running while getting heavier will blow your calves up buddeh.

I thought this is /fit, who the fuck runs only 5k?

Because I ran an 8 mile hill run yesterday and was going to run today, but it started fucking raining. I run in Xeroshoes and couldn't feel assed to get out there and get my feet wet today.

I just got back. My toes and face could have used a bit more warmth, though.

I saw some ice ponds but they were too thin to ride on. Has anybody ridden their bike on ice? I really want to try it.

I've not been out too much this week as we've had ice near my place. I'm gutted though, really wanted to get a few good runs in. Is it retardedly stupid to try running in these conditions?

Just get some shoes or boots on and go sliding instead of running.

kekkkkkkkkkk

Don't need an excuse.

Did 20k this morning.
Now I feel like Lt. Dan... Just kinda wheel myself around in an office chair because my legs are pretty much useless.
New PR though.

But i did OP, did a mini run of 2km just now, the weather is great. Chilly and lots of clouds

nice dood, join half marathon when?

Daily reminded that sprinting is for alphas