Get history book

>get history book
>open book
>"published in 2017"
>"BCE"
>"CE"
>close book
>leave

I feel bad cause I got it as a gift (that I chose, admittedly).

why are you such a sperg?

why should that matter we are well past the age where religion plays a major part in our lives. Why use a antiquated dating system. Stop being pretentious

t. Shlomo Angloberg Shalomstein

What should the new zero point be? Is there a physical constant it can be tied to?

>muh fairytails

Grow up manchild

if the author switched from the familiar BC and AD to the confusing and pointless BCE and CE so they wouldn't offend a minority of jews and atheist you know the book is going to be full of shit

The author also goes on unnecessary tangents about "marginalised" groups like women. Only 40 pages in and I'm tempted to stop.

>minority

Most mentally people don’t believe in our era, those who do like Peterson and Molyneux pretend to do so for social cohesion reasons

*most mentally sane people

muslims aren't a minority

They should be.

you do what you have to do to survive in the modern era

"survivors" just parrot mainstream views and add nothing to the table

1453 when the Wh*Toids were blown the fuck out by the TÜRKISH BLACK MASTERRACE

KARA BOGA

>turkish
>black

lmfao, the only competent and non-retarded turks were the white ones

>2017
>Being an atheist

Imagine being this mentally stunted.

You are one too probably you just like to LARP as a Christian and deep down you know it

t. Wh*Toid

>shitskins and braindead fedoras already butthurt itt
Noice one op

>have nothing add to the thread
>I'm just gonna Ad hom everyone in the thread
>and call everyone who replies to me butthurt

>adds nothing to the thread
Thats you tho

Wow so edgy bro, are you autistic?

Go back to /Pol/ dumbfuck

What the hell, literally no one uses bc ad anymore, it is retarded and not universal.

What makes the year 0 the beginning of some "common era" then, if I may ask?

>is the most influential person in the history
>we still count years based on his birth
>oy vey w-we cant use this archaism

Easier for Whites to adapt, we are still the dominant force in the world even if we are fading.
So we should still call the shots on this new year measure thing.

Is literally the 1st world cucking the rest of the world by making a "universal and non religious" calendar by just swapping BC and AD with BCE and CE and pretending is based on something other than JesusChrist

Why are /pol/tards so fucking retarded

You are not white schlomo

Gotta love all these poltards who are racist, pro eugenetics, extremely materialistic and obsessed with money, pro-war and woman hating but as soon as an atheist shows up they LARP as devote Christians

>confusing BCE and CE
It's literally the same dates as BC and AD
>pointless BCE and CE
Because a neutral system that removes hypocrisy is pointless. Stop being a fucking faggot.

>pretending is based on something other than JesusChrist
No one is pretending that it isn't based on a flawed calculation of the birth of Jesus.

So why change what you call it if it's still based on the exact same thing? Are you really that triggered by just the name of Jesus?

Jesus wasn't born in 1ad, the ad/bc system is nonsense.

>Not sending angry complaints to the publishers.

So what? most non-christians are not bothered by that, it's just a convention not matter what you think of Jesus.

Don't act the retard. The problem is the AD. That's why countries such as Sweden, who uses Before Christ and After Christ, doesn't have this problem.

Or are you a person who literally don't see the problem of forcing people to falsely proclaim a religious affinity?

>Jesus was born in 1ad.
You dingus.

It should be the founding of rome

I have the feeling that you're the type of person I'd dislike a lot in real life, like in a casual sort of environment. We just... we wouldn't get along.

>Jesus was not born in AD 1
What's the point

It should be at the year of the fall of Carthage and the destruction of Corinth.

You're not forcing shit
It's convention

Who the fuck cares buddy? This isn't a popularity contest.

No it should not
Year zero should be 753 BC

We are in year 2771

>Convention cannot be forced upon people.
You're kidding right?
Even if you aren't how the fuck is that a good excuse on its own for anything?

Oh my god please fucking kill yourself you SJW.

You don't have to use it
You could use the muslim calendar, nobody's forcing you to do anything

>MMDCCLXXI AUC

Hahahaha what an autist

The start of Rome's era as the hegemon of the mediterranean is a much better starting date than its irrelevent mytholigical founding.

Good way to prove how weak your side of the argument is matey.

>You don't have to use it.
You don't seem to really understand the purpose of a dating system.

Surely that is what you would expect from any history book published in 2017.

>ITT: brainlets getting buttflustered over Christ's name
It's BC/AD, deal with it.

This argument can also be used in favour of BCE/CE.
If you are butthurt you can always keep to the old discarded system.

>I believe in a supr speshul 2,000yo book written by goatfucker jews that tells me to kill my children if they disobey me but ur de mentally stunted
Somewhat doesn't add up if you actually think about it for more than 4 seconds, don't you think?

Good job of completely missing the point there.
See

Why not just use the old roman calendar instead? You know, Ab Urbe Condita? Seems like it would work pretty well.

Dude, nobody should be bothered by anno domine because christendom is dead and nobody cares about christfaggotry outside of holidays and other shit like that.

See

Rome was shit and a ridiculous meme empire. The only good thing they've done was spreading Christianity.

Probably died then though

I garantee that alot of people don't like to to be forced to proclaim faith in a religion they don't have. People have fucking killed themselves over it.

>>christardation
>>good.
lol no.

Buddy, normally in these kinds of threads my fedora is at maximum tippage, but this is a bit much even for me. I am not proclaiming faith in the norse gods when I mention some of the days of the week, nor am I proclaiming faith in the roman imperial cult when I mention some of the months of the year.

Anyone who kills themselves over something as trivial as a frigging calendar system is being a fucking drama queen.

>BCE and CE
>confusing

>Buddy
I'm not your buddy, friend!
>I am not proclaiming faith in the norse gods when I mention some of the days of the week, nor am I proclaiming faith in the roman imperial cult when I mention some of the months of the year.
Which is exactly why we keep those yet got rid of “in the year of our Lord.” if english simply used "Before Christ" and After (the birth of) Christ" the problem wouldn't be there.

t. Millennial Brainlet

t. Edgelord faggot who larps as a cannibal

If we're forced to make a new dating system then start of the bronze age for the Sumer civilization is the best starting point.

Reminder that apologists for B/CE are the most soy-loving white cucks on earth
>Because a neutral system that removes hypocrisy is pointless. Stop being a fucking faggot.

>the system that we number our yearse from calculated 1500 years ago was 6 years away from the event it tried to date so we can change the designation to something else so the muslims that won't read my scientific work don't get offended

t. soyboy vegan

Religion is the nectar of the cuckold

>Religion is the nectar of the cuckold

>the christcuck in his natural habitat

Literally, unironically triggered

T. Memesperging lowlife

>I won't read any modern scholarship because I'm upset Christianity isn't the center of literally everything in my life

Okay

Any (((modern))) scholarship that feels the need to adhere into current year political correctness is not worth reading

>"BC is confusing"
>"BC is not inclusive"
>"BCE is literally better"

This thread is truly an eyeopener.

There is no hope for humanity.

Who the FUCK are you quoting?
Imagine coming into a thread where someone LITERALLY says he stopped reading a book because of a couple fucking LETTERS and you find yourself calling HIS CRITICS the reason why you lost hope.
You guys are literal fucking right wing SJWs. Consider yourselves hidden.

Just rephrase it as “Before Christian Era” And “Christian Era” to make the atheists sperg out

Brainlet detected. Good thing you don’t actually determine or influence the rest of the world in any way

>hypocrisy
How is it even remotely hypocritical?

You described something that nobody other than nu-atheists think is accurate.
The Bible is not one book, for one thing.

>dude horseshoe theory
>blocked ;)

We need BLACKposter to chase away the wh*Te wimps off Veeky Forums

>science is supposed to be rational, we cant let the irrational feelings of an ideologically motivated group determine its language

"Ok sounds good we'll change the dating system's terminology so it doesnt favor christians but leave the timeline more or less the same for ease of use"

>REEEEEEEE MUH SCHLOMOBERG NIGGERS ARE CHANGING THE DATE SYSTEM TO MAKE ME SUCK BIG BLACK DICK REEEEE DEUS VEULT ITS TIME BROTHERS

Atheist here, and I have no idea what's wrong with BC/AD. Only in my spergiest teenage years would I even make a case against it.
Why the need to change a thousand year old dating system for the exact same shit, but with different nomenclature and less meaning? Specially when the great majority of people utilizing it believe in it.
Next thing you know there'll be a change from the Gregorian Calendar for a DeGrass Tysonian Calendar because muh church.

WHY do you capitalize the t????

Climate change, we should choose the end of the last glacial period as our beginning, because civilization was possible the first time then

Phoneposting

>christianity
>kill literally everything good about european civilization
>good because i can't think past what my parents taught me :-DDDDDD
>t. brainlet
fuck off

>confusing and pointless BCE and CE
>t. literal brainlet
how the fuck does BCE and CE confuse you? are you literally 10 years old?

The french attempted that when they were rationalizing the measurements systems of weight and size.

>using terminology regarding the single most influential individual in all of history
>irrational
There is literally no argument against using BC and AD. With the only exception being that we should say Before Christ and After Christ

>I disagree with what my parents taught me so that means I’m right
Or is your argument:
>my parents taught me it, so it must be wrong
Either way you’re a contrarian retard