In terms of safety and conditions, what was the worst border a solider could guard during the roman empire?

in terms of safety and conditions, what was the worst border a solider could guard during the roman empire?

German borders. As usual the Germans were barbaric, monstrous and barely human.

German borders. As usual the Germans were barbaric, monstrous and barely human.

During which 500 years of the Roman Empire?

If you mean the Pax Romana it would be the Dacian border, constant raids.

That depends entirely on the period. But for the greatest period of the empire, the Danube and Rhine frontiers were the most active. That also meant that this was where the highest amount legions were allocated.

being a Limitanei feels like it would be p comfy

Praetorian Guard.
Fuck this emperor lol.

>comfy
>roman soldier in the late empire
come on now, there's a reason why the empire had to pay germans to fight for them.

One of the forts on the Rhine or Danube, followed by somewhere along the frontier with Parthia.

Rhine/Danube border
Asia minor border
the Iberian border during earlier times

>come on now, there's a reason why the empire had to pay germans to fight for them.
When will this meme end

Judaea desu

where ever the goths were at said time

>Danube
This is the only correct answer. All the other niggers ITT need to crack a book.

Wenigstens sind wir nicht zu blöde ein turkmenisches Kochbildbrett im Weltnetz zu nutzen.

Split between the Danube and Syria

The first was a long strip of dense forest where migrating tribes kept prodding and raiding and the garrisons being stretched as thin as possible, the second was like the korean DMZ with the Parthians/Sassanids constantly manouvering and waiting for a very convenient moment to strike, then a difficult campaign with towns changing back and forth would ensue but no clear victory for either, and it would repeat itself every 50 years.

The Rhine border was a fucking meme, Germans after Germanicus gave them a whooping weren't capable of doing anything of note.

asia minor

In either Ukraine or Poland I think.

So that's where cappadocia was located huh. Heard it mentioned a bunch of times when I was younger, never actually knew where it was, and I was never curious enough about the term to look it up. Mystery solved.

Heard they were in Denmark or Sweden at the start

The migration patterns of Germanics never made any sense, the Teutons literally walked in circles before fucking off.

They started in Sweden yes but at the height of the Roman Empire they were in Poland and Ukraine.

>cappadocia

I have my roots there pretty nice and interesting place

>They started in Sweden
Modern source please.

>mobile poster
>no substance
What surprise!

>ITT people thinking the Goths were a distinct ethnicity moving around together

>ERE wasn't Roman

Unironically? The Limes Prolissensis at the far northern end of the Dacian salient. You didn't have the benefit of a fuckhuge massive river and border walls, and were surrounded on three sides by potential enemies. On one side you had Iazyges, brutal horsemen famed for their archers, on the other the Roxolani, and then north you had brutal savages. On three sides you were hundreds of miles from Roman civilisation except for south. If there was an incursion further south, you were pretty much isolated and alone.

This. Ancient Jews were fucking madmen.

Not a border