$3 dolllars for parking at the shared lot everytime I drive to the gym and get validated

>$3 dolllars for parking at the shared lot everytime I drive to the gym and get validated

>that's $60 dollars a month if i go there as much as I want to

omg

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technischer_Überwachungsverein
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lol why do you barely go to the gym?

Park across the street

Switch to gomad. No need for gym

>arrive to the gym
>realize I don't have enough plate tokens to do 3 plate squats
>get caught on camera taking plates somebody forgot to return to the plate dispenser
>get caught on camera
>get put on probation for a month, only allowed enough tokens for 1 plate each visit
Fuck this shit.

>they are introducing plate dispensers and cardio tokens in my gym in germany too

never gonna make it

Get a homegym, will pay off in less than a year.

My gym didn't start with enough tokens at the beginning of the first month, so I didn't get ANY FUCKING TOKENS for that month. A bunch curlbros came to the gym on the first of the month and bough ALL OF THEM. Fucking faggots.

They got more tokens later, but they still sometimes run a bit short. Haven't been able to do heavy deadlifts in a long time. Takes too many fucking tokens. I occasionally will get enough plates for 225 lbs, and just do high rep deads. I tried to use my squat plates for deadlifts once and got a warning.

jog there like a real man

>finally save up for a barbell and some weights at home
>build a makeshift squat rack on a weekend
>two weeks later the government sports federation find out and shut me down confiscating all equipment
>facing a probation sentence of six months

>tokens for plates
what

What the fuck are you talking.

Try living in this country man (Sweden).

More gyms are keeping their plates in dispensers, you have to throw in tokens to get plates. They say it prevents the equipment from being spread over the whole gym.

Some gyms you need tokens for treadmills so that they are not overused or blocked for hours.

>sweden
That still doesn't explain everything, are there really laws against private home gyms?

You have to buy licensed equipment. They excuse it with safeguarding the safety of the equipment.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

holy shit

Holy shit that sounds so stupid I don't believe you. But it is Sweden, liberal fuck haven.

I get that if the gym has to deal with a lot of retards, sounds still ridiculous.

When did they go from no (you)s to this style ..............?

Its not like you can't build a homegym, you are just not allowed to weld you own rack or alike.

Its the same in germany, you can read it here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technischer_Überwachungsverein

>Not having a Home Gym
Enjoy your Tyrone, Pajeet and Ahmed sweat everywhere

My gym manager said it's more "fair", because people who use the plates most cause the most wear and damage over time. It's also an incentive to use less weight, and they get an insurance discount for implementing it. Just like they have to pay more insurance if they have power cages or squat racks.

do you ask your manager whgat he thinks the people are paying for their membership to the gym in the first place?

kek, just hide it better.

Access to machines and dumbbells. The body weight fitness area is an extra $5 a month though. I went ahead and had that added to my plan for days when the plate dispenser is jammed.

That's the TÜV, they check everything that is sold commercially, i never heard that we have laws against home build stuff.
For example, they are mainly known for checking cars in regular intervals, but stuff that is not driven on public roads is excluded.

My gym uses tokens for the showers, does yours too?

>bought chink plates
>packet is not coming
>get notice from customs i have to go to the mail hub
>go there
>"oh hello this chink shit does not have a TÜV certificate oh and it thats probably because the plates are not covered with rubber, its for your safety, thats a 300€ finde and we have to dispose the plates FOR YOUR SAFETY"
>europe, not even once

my gym uses tokens for towels. can't believe I had to use my shirt last time cause I spent all my tokens on squat plates.

>George W. Bush
Did he even do anything sexist , other than not being a Democrat?

Dear friend thank u

Where the fuck are you from?

I can buy plates without rubber coat just fine. The TÜV doesn't make the laws, it just gives advice and proposes guidelines.

shoo shoo shitcunt

wtf lads Australian government jus tannounced they will introduce a federal gains tax

wtf more details to come soon

what? no way. the TÜV patrol knocked down my door and confiscated my home made plates last week. now I'm on a 6 month gains probation.

stop going to powerhouse

Either I am being trolled or Veeky Forums really comes from 3rd world countries

Pic related kinda looks like the dispenser in my gym. Problem is 4 of 5kg plates is cheaper than 1 of 20kg plate, so to save money on supersets you sometimes have to tape 5kg plates onto the sides to save money

>mfw I used sunday free towel to jam the plate dispenser by putting it in the token slot

usually it'd cost me 1£ for the towel but this time it was free

Have this shit at my place as well, but it's a 24 hour gym and not always manned usually go with a buddy and we get half the plates each with our tokens.

This is seriously retarded, just another reason to get a home gym, unless you are a swedish cuck.

but the monthly TÜV inspections are so intrusive. it's really not worth it.

All these newfags responding to memes... It isn't even NY yet, please wait a couple days to post.

Nice unironic statism there bud

You should kill yourself if you're only going 20 days a month. You'll never make it.

job has a gym
its free

I like this plate dispencer token may may

Do you have to pay for those tokens or what?

>this whole thread
LOL

There are coin deposit locks like pic related on preety much all the equipment in my gym, but you get your money back when your rerack shit. I like it, keeps the place clean and tidy.

it would be okayish if they gave out enough tokens but in my gym you only get like 10 tokens wthout extra fee. to unlock a bar from the holder 4 tokens, each plate from the dispenser is 2 tokens. How can one make it under these circumstances?

Home gym master race. You'll save money in the long run. You can get a good workout in with just some adjustable dumbbells and resistance bands and you can do this for life for the price of one year at the gym.

>adjustable dumbbells

But those require an additional permit on top of the regular lifting license

And the training isn't exactly cheap

Wait what?

Plate dispensers? The fuck are you idiots talking about?

I have lived in Canada, the US, China, and now I am in South Korea and this is the first I have ever heard or seen of this shit.

I am still convinced this is some super elaborate ruse.