I don't want to turn this into /x/. Is there any reasonable explanation that doesn't include conspiracy theories...

I don't want to turn this into /x/. Is there any reasonable explanation that doesn't include conspiracy theories? Why is the freemason hidden hand sign a thing? Why so many communists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-in-waistcoat
freemasoninformation.com/masonic-symbols/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's your source on it being a Masonic symbol and not just a fashion trend?

WHY DO ALL WORLD LEADERS WEAR SUITS AND TIES
WHY DO THEY SHAKE HANDS WHEN THEY MEET
WHY DO THEY DRIVE AROUND IN EXPENSIVE CARS AND PRIVATE JETS

WHAT DOES IT MEAAAN

It is a masonic symbol, you can literally google it.

>fashion tred
This is what first came into my mind but these people lived on very different places and time lapses so I don't know.

Everyone and their mother does this to our days, except asians.

Fucking hell. Those oil paintings took weeks to make and those photos were not instant cause the tech was prehistoric so the model had to be fucking still the whole time. But guess what imagine if they just had their hands to their side or their pants like an autismo for all of history to chock at. Thank God the artists then thought that was retarded and boring so they had then pose one of their hands in their jacket. Its very comfortable and easy to maintain for long periods of time while being dynamic and interesting. Fucking /pol/, this is like someone saying contrapasto or steel yard composition is a Masonic taunting.

>there are people in the same pic doing it and not doing the hand sign
>gazillion of other paintings or photos where those portrayed didn't do it

But, hey, le /pol/ did this n shiet XDXxd.

If you don't have an explanation just admit you're clueless and don't expose yourself like a retard.

>there are people in the same pic doing it and not doing the hand sign
Seriously?So some guys do something, others do not.

It's clearly not a mere coincidence, if you haven't noticed yet.

>all people with revolutionary, liberal or republican alleigeances
>hmmmm they share nothing, he said "freemason" so he must be /pol/

Its a meme popularised by Napoleon. As the most important figure of his time lots of paintings were done of him, most with his hand in his jacket.

nearly all politically significant characters of the 19th and 20th centuries were either revolutionary, liberal or republican in nature

also pic related, a random civil war schlub, who judging by the pose must have in fact been a spy of the one world government jewish freemason communist illuminati

So it is just a shitty trend like the dab and the other cunts are nappy wannabes? Why didn't Hitler, well known for praising nappy, do it?

Also, Washington (and arguably Mozart too) is previous to Napoleon.

Just because I like Plato doesn't mean I'm gonna fuck boys.

Google it isn't a source or citation.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand-in-waistcoat

It's just a symbol of power you fucking autist. Napoleon did it so others copied it for portraits and photographs to show their leadership.

I have just Googled it out of interest. Only completely trash tier conspiritard websites came up, you are right to be highly sceptical.

Look, Freemasons have many symbols, but I would not know for sure if the hidden hand is one of them. And others, I dont know.

From the image you put, Simón Bolívar was one of them. The rest, I dont know.

Here, a list of most of the masonic symbols, is very accurate: freemasoninformation.com/masonic-symbols/

You will note that many of them are in flags today.

I didn't put an image and your link does not say the hidden hand is a sign of Freemasonary.

Saying "Freemasons have lots of symbols and I don't know if the hidden hand is one of them, therefore it is, here have a link of Freemason symbols that doesn't include a hidden hand" is not a serious or cogent point.

They were reaching for their gun to kill the painter/photographer.

>In 200 years crazies on the internet will interpret the peace sign as a Masonic conspiracy.
Nice.

What a retarded thread. Jesus Christ.

>It is a masonic symbol, you can literally google it.
It isn't. And it was just easier for both parties if you chilled like that.