When people think that protectionism isn't just indirect welfare

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/857156/uganda-is-worried-about-the-number-of-chinese-men-marrying-their-women/
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/06/chinese-workers-in-africa-who-marry-locals-face-puzzled-reception-at-home/240662/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atleast its welfare for people who actually work rather than bums

This, welfare for people that actually work isn't the same as handing out welfare to people with no intention of improving or getting off of it

The thing is, though, artificially propping up uncompetitive industries preserves people's illusions about those industries being worthwhile to pursue jobs in. Maybe it's better to give money to bums - that way the people on welfare at least will understand that they're sitting on welfare, rather than having illusions about it.

It is legitimate in the same way that tariff matching is.
Turning the cheek is for cucks.

Every country does it to some degree. The US just wants an equal playing field.

It's not important. Just put the slider at zero. The thing you must do is to build some basic industry and subsidize them.

It isn't tho. It's an indirect bailout.

The only difference between gibmedats and lemmeworkfordats is that lemmeworkfordats have more self-respect and might actually do something useful if we let noncompetitive industries fail.

lemmeworkfordats is the same as making people dig holes and filling them up again, entirely useless and just a facade to pretend they earned the money

fuck american subsidies to farmes
while my shitty third world government basically is supported by us, we compete with americans who litterally get money from the richest government in the world

Doesn't violate the NAP

Breathing violates the NAP.

It's bad for American farmers too, most of the industry is massive farms. It's practically impossible to exist as a small farm.

>When people think that protectionism isn't just indirect warfare

That's literally the reason why American government is subsidizing food production, it's a matter of national security, to keep the food artificially cheap, to prevent imports from and eventual reliance on other countries.
I laugh like a motherfucker everytime some sheltered liberal urbanite misunderstands the nature of agricultural subsidies. They unironically think it's Ole McDonald and his wife receiving welfare so they don't starve.
By the way it's literally easier to (legally) bring drugs to the US than it is to bring large quantities of food.

Protectionism is proven to build nation states into industrial conquerors. Free Trade is boomer garbage that was laughed at back when locke came up with it.

>2012
>not having a literal social contract and AirCoin based economy in your private O'neil cylinder
What are you doing?

A man can dream.

I agree with you, but dear God do I hate my country's working class.

I'll go halvesies on a sea dragon with you.

Are you not in a white nation?

This
China is protectionist as hell and look at where they are now.

I'm a 56percenter.

Heading to 1960 china 2.0
Japan had enough sense to not base their entire economy around state mandated production for productions sake. China won't suffer a recession like japan, they're going to collapse.

You can only build so many thousands of square miles of buildings annually for the sake of it for so long before you collapse.

But the non-whites don't work. Are you sure you didn't mean poor people?

>Be American.
>Shill for free trade and all that jazz during the cold war. Call countries that don't participate in this unfree, savages.
>Start losing jobs to cheap labor.
>WAAAAH HELP ME GOVERNMENT!
The absolute state of America.

Especially considering the impending demographic collapse. Of course, the Chinese will just ignore the old, but having fewer young will bite them.

"Working class" is a PC term for the poor, yes.

>China gonna collapse aaaaany minute now.
Its like I'm back in 2008.

>When people think that protectionism isn't just indirect welfare
It isn't just indirect welfare. It's indirect warfare.

>Woah hey look, that bubble is going to pop
>Psh, look at this guy saying that this bubble which is inflating faster than it was before is going to pop
wew

long story short, chinks are unwilling to bite the bullet and are hoping they can salvage more from a big ruined economy than they could from a natural sized economy.

This

All countries do this shit, see China. They flood the planet with cheap shit, bitch at Germany and the EU for being too protectionist but you can't export anything to China.

There is nothing artificial about tariffs and subsidies. They are concrete objects that had an effect on the material world.
>shade
maybe your mother should've beaten you more too

>Ricardian free trade
disregarded

The US has a $600B trade imbalance with China. It doesn't matter the composition of that imbalance, it has to be rebalanced no matter what industries are or are not involved. The chinks will just have to buy more American stuff, or else. The chinks can decide what stuff that is.

>le collapse maymay

>demogaphic collapse maymay

China’s population is continuing to grow until the 2040s, assuming no immigration.

China imported $2.5 trillion last year though...

>le fuck the free market maymay
Kill yourself statist cuck

Okay. I haven't looked up the stats since like 2009 and I'm not that interested so I'll just take your word for it.

It was forced on us, America was one of the most rabidly protectionist nations in history prior to that.

so the one child policy that was only cancelled recently combined with china's traditional preference for male children won't lead to a gender imbalance crisis in the next couple years?

>implying America is comprised of one person

chinks are like arabs if you get my drift.

They kinda need women for that

Oh they're getting the women, african women that is.
qz.com/857156/uganda-is-worried-about-the-number-of-chinese-men-marrying-their-women/
theatlantic.com/international/archive/2011/06/chinese-workers-in-africa-who-marry-locals-face-puzzled-reception-at-home/240662/

I can't find the clip, but it's of arabs saying how they rape boys because it not gay (TM)

>But the non-whites don't work.
Wut. The Hispanics do a huge part of the US' manual labor. There are also many working blacks.

US Blacks have higher employment rates than people in most white European countries
'