Strength Training

What does the body of someone who has achieved 1/2/3/4 look like? I'm seeing all these people who are pretty strong, have lifted for years and they look like shit.

He lifted for 13 weeks and he was benching 110 kgs and squatting 157kgs 3x5

At least 50% of how you look is related to diet.

That guy must be happy that he's become the symbol for how useless strength routines are for aesthetics.

According to the guy trying to sell you shit

Wow so you're telling me if I study science it won't make me a mathematician??? No way!

I'm 5'7 - 82.5kg (181)

1.25/2/3/5 here (5rm)

But I do a brosplit 1 x weekly frequency.

Same pose as SS poster boy.

If you were leaner I imagine you'd look fairly good. Thanks user.

Yeah I'm cutting down somewhere between 68-70kg for the first half of 2017. No more storing all this fat on my hips. The extra strength isn't worth the extra 12-14kg of mostly fat.

this picture was taken on the day i hit 1/90kg/3/3.5 on SS which took me around 7.5 months. gained quite some weight but i didn't care about aesthetics at all at that point, i just wanted to get as strong as i can before i stall on it.

since then i still progress on main lifts but i also started doing some bb stuff at the side. don't have any current picture but from what i've seen in the mirror my arms and chest got big really fast after a while doing BB shit due to how strong i was and with how much weight i could do reps with.

looking back at the picture it's nothing special but i was very happy with the results at that time. honestly, people shit on it too much on this board. it's a solid routine that does what it advertises; to make you strong fast.

Strength routines aren't useless for aesthetics. What the man in the picture did was go on a ridiculously high caloric diet and do strength training in order to put on as much weight on his lifts as possible. And the fastest way to increase your lifts is to increase your body weight. There are people that do SS but do not eat huge like he did and their bodies turn out okayish.

And how a person looks like after reaching those lifts depends on the persons genetics, diet and time trained.

>I'm 5'7

1/2/3/4 are initial goals for beginners. They aren't actually "good" numbers. You can reach them and still look completely dyel.

I am not picking on Izzy specifically, I am just using him as an example because he exclusively does the popular Internet routines.

That said, this is what you can expect after a cut. It's not the strength training that's the problem - it's the exercise selection. There is no direct shoulder work (OHP doesn't count), no traps work, no arm work, no back work and no ab work. You will look okayish but that's about it. If you want strength training and aesthetics you can run 5/3/1 BBB and do the accessories that would give you good results such as Cuban presses, trap work and rows.

Is it realistic to read 1/2/3/4 by just doing SS? I seem to hit a wall at low weight.

reach*

Depends - some do, some don't. If you can't progress anymore, just move on to something else.

Is 1/2/3/4 working weight or 1rm

Just hit 1 for working weight/can 1rm 2/at 250 working weight/ and I ran out of weight at home so I'm at 300 1x5

I've gotten to 0.5/1/2/2.5 on SS. Is it too low to "move on" or am I doing something wrong? What else would I move to next?

>Is it too low
Who cares - if you can't progress anymore it's time to move on.

>What should I move to next?
I don't know - look at some routines and find something that intrigues you.

work

Moving on is up to you, but an early plateau can usually be fixed by eating more and getting properly rested - including a good nights' sleep.

are you cutting or eating at surplus? you can move on to intermediate routine whenever you feel like you can no longer progress every workout on SS. when that happens varies from person to person.

how much do you weigh? I'm 160'ish after 6 months and I stopped progressing on SL once I got to like 105/165/250/325 lbs for 5 reps