Who /PoliSci/ here?

Who /PoliSci/ here?

History by itself is meh tier because you get the facts but not the sufficient background to put them into perspective

IMO PoliSci gets the absolute best theoretical framework from both history and theoretical politics

Arts is just for hipsters

Sociology for women and SJW

>History by itself is meh tier because you get the facts but not the sufficient background to put them into perspective
You obviously do it wrong then. Which makes sense, because you are a polisci major.

PoliSci is pretty good tbqh. If you combine it with economics it can be pretty useful.

>IMO PoliSci gets the absolute best theoretical framework from both history and theoretical politics

Which one? There are several schools of thought within polisci. Even Public Choice alone isn't just a singular school.

>IMO PoliSci gets the absolute best theoretical framework from both history and theoretical politics

>PolSci: "Let's apply our modern political frameworks on ancient states like Rome or China."

>"Let's apply our modern political frameworks on ancient states like Rome or China."

What is wrong with this exactly? Politics is historical just as much as it is contemporary.

>guys polisci is great
>history is meh you guys don't have enough theory understanding, you just read stories
>I'm polisci myself btw

It looks like your opinion is biased. Polisci is not even a science.

Sounds lame, urban planner here, I am much cooler.

>Polisci is not even a science.

Of course it is. It's just not a science based on the narrow definitions of positivistic philosophers in the early 20th century.

If you think it is so easy to define what a science is, you're welcome to do so, but the last 100 years has been a huge argument between several dozens of philosophers on what it actually constitutes.

This is a misunderstanding of what studying history even involves at any sort of serious level. Rote learning facts is kid level stuff.

Top tier:
>Philosophy
>Psychology and cognitive science
>Linguistics

OK tier:
>Sociology
>History
>Economics
>Politics
>Literature

Trash tier:
>Anthropology
>Theology
>Arts
>Archaeology

>tfw most of these have been ruined by womyn and libtards

>History by itself is meh tier because you get the facts but not the sufficient background to put them into perspective
You have no idea what you're talking about do you? University level history is 90% theory and social sciences / 10% historical facts.
The first thing you're told is "here we give you the tool to learn and understand history by yourself".

>m-muh job cant be replaced by a robot!
everyones job is at risk of robots. I cant believe number crunchers of all people unironcially say this shit. Construction workers will still have a job at that point

>implying this thread couldnt be done better by a cheap bot

Who here /internationalrelationsmajor/

I think he's referring to people who try to project modern divides and ideologies like left-right or communism/capitalism/fascism etc onto historical figures and movements.

>Of course it is. It's just not a science based on the narrow definitions of positivistic philosophers in the early 20th century.
>If you think it is so easy to define what a science is, you're welcome to do so, but the last 100 years has been a huge argument between several dozens of philosophers on what it actually constitutes.

Yeah but any philosopher worth a damn doesn't put more than .5% of what you do in polisci in the category of "science", which you would know if you actually read anything higher level than Sartre/Camus, you filthy brainlet.

Heh.

bump

>Economics not in Top tier

>2018

>Being in anything other than STEM

I'll have the sandwich with some fries please

>Philosophy
>Top tier
I really hope this is a bait.

What would be a God tier Major?

>stem meme

Is that image supposed to prove anything besides that fact that STEM is so good they can get employed anywhere?

>STEM is so good they can get employed anywhere?
Maybe in McDonalds.

>tfw Graphic Design major
i'll enjoy creating propaganda posters for our transhumanist overlords while I watch all you STEMcucks slowly get replaced by calculators

>dismissing all of sociology as "for women and SJWs"

How can I tell that you know nothing about the field other than what you learned in Sociology 101 about privilege theory (which is only one aspect)?

Most people who study sociology at my uni are the typical girls with colored hair and daddy issues