Tell me about "her", bros. Is it the "one" you lift for? Does she lift with you?

Tell me about "her", bros. Is it the "one" you lift for? Does she lift with you?

she's a dime

If she lifted with me I would be with her and probably not lifting.

She's a brunette, shy, and squints her eyes in embarassment when talking.

Checked her Facebook recently and saw she's in a relationship with another dude.

"SHE" is called money.

Oh, my dear friend, she was never mine.

it doesn't matter how much bigger i get or how many more plates I add to my DL. I'll still turn into napoleon dynamite when I try to talk to her and i'll throw it all away again. Whatever attachment to women doesn't help when you're trying to leave humanity behind.

She may be my "one", but I am not her "one", she has that reserved for someone else

>Met her a while ago, but only caught a feel recently
>Drunkenly grabbed her head and kissed her at a party
>Was both of our first kisses
>She wanted to go on a date, but was too busy with exams
>Whenever i got the chance I would hold her and kiss her, and talk to her
>She's cold as ice whenever i do this
>I would ask her if she wants to get lunch and she'll just flat out say no
>Whenever i kiss her i feel like i'm pulling her in and she's too scared to pull away
>1.5 weeks later tells me she doesn't have feelings for me over text at 1 am
>Says she'd rather be friends
>Almost cry

Bros wtf is wrong with? Am I a future rapist? I want to let her go but it's the hardest thing. WHat should i do guys?

Just met her a couple o' weeks ago. She's got an amazing body, educated, great job, sexy, beautiful, smart, funny, quick-wit--literally a 10/10 in my book.

Thing is, her previous boyfriend cheated on her and it really fucked her up, so she's reluctant to get into a relationship again out of fear of broken heart. I think I'm winning her over, but I dunno. What should I do, Veeky Forums? I really like her.

move on brah, its super shitty i know, but theres not much else you can do. it's her loss.

Her spurn and rejection is what made me lift. I lift because of her, but not because I want her

This is tough, man. I know it's not the answer you're searching for, but the best option is to let her go. I have found that writing down my thoughts every day helped me move on from ex-girlfriends that I actually liked being with (I'm 30, so there's a few). If she doesn't reciprocate the emotion, it will only hurt you in the long run.

Best of luck, man. There's someone out there for you, I promise.

>tfw she's happy with someone else

The only person I lift for is for myself

tfw this was me until she came along and convinced me otherwise, then left. I thought it would never happen. keep doing you man, it's better that way

Yes, but who do you *love* for, user? You can tell me.

2nd the writing. it's almost as good of a release as a heavy-ass Deadlift

so i met this girl and i talked to her for a while
shes a qt and shes funny i managed to get her number but i dont know what to write, what do i do???

What's her sense of humor like? I've found that appealing to a woman's sense of humor is a great opener. Get to laughing about something, and then find what you two relate on based off that. If you get a response from whatever joke you throw out, find a way that you relate to it. Example:

>You know she likes pie
>Make a joke about some sort of pie, or whatever
>She laughs hopefully
>Start a story about a time you really enjoyed pie, or baked pies for the homeless

I know it's a shit example but it's off the top of my head.

Honestly m8 I havent pursued a girl in a long time due to just thinking that I'm not good enough

it's "me" i lift for and yes i started because of "her"
no she does not lift with me sadly but it'd be cool
then again it'd be even cooler if she was "mine" so to speak

In all my years on this board, and Veeky Forums in general, this has ruined me. I can no longer be sure that person in OP's picture is a real, biological woman.
"B-but she's feminine!"
No fuck that. Traps are gay.

She's my wife.

This is the first time I've been on Veeky Forums in months.

friendly reminder

duck out if the compromises make you miserable. duck out if you get miserable. duck out if it just makes you uncomfortable.

the goal is not to force a relationship to keep going. its to find a relationship worth keeping.

there is literally no benefit to frankensteining a relationship other than possibly sex, but you're better off withotu it if it isn't working.

emjoy the relationship for as long as you can. and if it goes south, leave, cuz all you're doing is preventing yourself from finding the good one that might last.

lasting isn't the point, it isn't the goal.

And yeah you have to take the risk of making a high stakes deal with a potentially very unstable person, plus people change. That's life, you can't play all of it safe.

>Get girls number
>Go on date and have amazing time with deep conversations and laughs
>Tells me halfway through she had another date with a guy yesterday and she is "trying to meet new people"
>Text her next day and she says she just wants to be friends

Fuck

She friendzoned me hard and fucked the local dyel chad.
Shit got me low and eventually pushed me into lifting.

That was about 4 years ago.
After joining a """commercial""" type gym and getting with a few qts I sometimes completely forget that it was a random 7/10 who actually got me into this shit.

She obviously doesn't lift with me.
I actually don't know anything about her for almost a year now.

That's a horrible attitude to have. That's reason why I can't get girl. She thinks she's not good enough for anyone because of how her ex fucked her over so badly.

If you want, and this does help a lot, make a list of all the things you like and love about yourself, and the things you dislike. There is no "hate" column, as this will only exacerbate your self worth issues.

I'll help start you off:
You are already more motivated than most Americans because you spend time in the gym exercising your body.

When you wake up in the morning, try this out for size: Thank whatever higher power you believe in. Be thankful and grateful for what you have. Soon, your self worth will grow exponentially. You will see that you TRULY ARE worth any woman you desire. But you must believe, deep down inside of yourself, 100%, that you ARE worth it. I believe you are.

Same here

I have been led on by 5 girls in the past 2 years and then friendzoned after explicitly expressing interest in something more

she has a dark and rude sense of humor

Can you relate to that? Or, is her sense of humor too dark for you? If you feel that there's humor in anything, then appeal to her. If there's some areas you shouldn't touch but she may find funny, it's possible she'll see you as lower than her (not that you are!)

I have noticed it's easier for men to relate to dark and rude sense of humor--especially those of us who've been in the military, cops, firemen, EMT--shit like that. If you know she has a dark sense of humor, capture her attention next time y'all are talking about a current event with something that most would deem "offensive" but use a lighter sense. Don't go full retard on whatever joke you want--let her do that if she chooses.

Of the many women I've been on dates with that say they're fluent in sarcasm or have a dark sense of humor, most aren't and most don't. It's just something they think all women in 2016 are supposed to have. Stay light at first (unless you're already comfortable with her).

No I think she'd be more repulsed b, dudes who lift, it's kind of looked down upon. But she's 30 as am I and here I learned that barely legal is where it's at so no biggie.

>"she" is my first love
>haven't seen her for 9 years
>fuel my lifts by repressed regret, guilt and anger

So yeah, I sorta lift for her.

It took me awhile to realize that I got friendzoned hard and the only one to blame is me for falling again.

>Tell me about "her", bros.
She's 2-D
>Is it the "one" you lift for?
yes
>Does she lift with you?
Thinking that she does makes me want to go even further beyond.

I'll give it my best effort user. Thanks for the advice. Have a happy 2017

>filename

Took me a second, but I had a hearty chuckle.

You too, bro.

she's not mine, that's the only problem here

Yes
No
She is the light of my life, but she doesn't know it

this hit home ;_;

this isn't exactly related to lifting but i met her on omegle 6 months ago

i kept pushing her away because she had a crush on me, but eventually 2 months later i agreed to be her boyfriend

we were hand in hand, we laughed at everything and anything but the problem is that she's continents away from me

two weeks ago, she broke up with me. 5 days after that, she already found a new boyfriend and i was burning with frustration, anger and jealousy. she still wants to be friends but it's hurting me; tonight she's meeting her boyfriend for new years eve

talking to her is destroying me, the pain from the whole process is excruciating

she said she feels guilty for moving on so quick and kept insisting that i should find a girlfriend. is it normal to feel sad every time she says that?

>tfw I'm also happy with someone else.

>Basing your self-esteem on your circumstances and accomplishments.

I don't recommend this. there's always someone better than you, stronger than you, more successful etc. Getting confidence by looking at your life and rationalising why you deserve to be confident is only ever going to be situational, and will only last for as long as it takes you to be in a situation where you feel someone is better than you at something.

Instead you have to accept that you have the inherent right to be happy and confident by default, and by looking at your circumstances and perceived shortcomings you keep rationalising yourself out of this state.

Kids are happy and confident without having to go through a laundry list of accomplishments and deciding that they "deserve" it, they don't think about that shit, they just do it because that should be your default state.

That's why its called self esteem, because it comes from within yourself and isn't dependent on external factors like whether you've got a lot of money or a nice body, all of those things can come and go, and inevitably will go as you get older.

So don't make lists, just give yourself permission to be happy and confident.

you're not otherwise you would not post here

First I lifted to impress her.
Then I got bitter and lifted in the hopes that I'd make her regret not giving me a chance.
Then I got depressed (not about her in particular, just in general), and I hadn't seen her in a while, and she kind of became just an ideal that I guess kept me grounded. Like "hey, everything is bleak, but just keep lifting, try to improve yourself mentally, you'll run into her again someday."
It's weird, but it's like the idea of "her" became hope. Her reaction, whatever it would have been, was something to work towards.

And then she moved. I realized I'd never just randomly run into her again, and I just felt empty.

I know now that it was a little creepy and obsessive, and I need to find something real to work towards, not just cling to false hope because I have nothing else.

What if you ran into past-you? What would he think?

she's not mine
>tfw

I really don't know. Past-me was pretty much worse than I am now. I used to have a wall up, and I would never let anyone in and isolated myself.

I think past-me would actually be more impressed that he was actually going to lose all the weight and become a fit guy, and that he actually managed to become social and open enough to even get into that situation.

He'd probably be depressed though to know that in spite of the positives, he still didn't wind up happy and was still just as neurotic as always

I lift because i want to get back in shape and get my girlfriend back and stop her from working as a stripper
I fucking miss you Anastasiia

>Azn qt
>Wears low cut shirts around me
>Adorable laugh
>Kind of shy until she opens up
>5'1

Her smiling at me makes my day desu~

I haven't met "her" yet, but once I get a job I'll start looking for her

guys

i think it's not worth waiting for her i feel

>>fuel my lifts by repressed regret, guilt and anger
Are you me?

She a hoe son.

It has happened to me too. All you can do is move on and don't fall for girls easily, they be cray cray

'1
Doe you want midget children, user?

She dumped her boyfriend for me a little while ago. We've been on two dates since then and a third is set for tomorrow. She's literally a perfect 10, everything I want in a girl, and she said that one of the things she first noticed about me was how fit I am. Couldn't have done it without you bros.

My "One" is a cheating whore. Not necessarily on me though.

I really do love this girl, but she has a history of cheating on her boyfriends... with me. I'm really conflicted with this, because if I do eventually be with her, I know it'd be a matter of time before she cheats on me. But it's whatever, I lift for me anyway.

Move on.

I went to school with a girl named Anastasia

Looking back, she was pretty much perfect. I don't know why I kept ignoring her

We were together for a short while (about a month) this year but then she moved abroad to study. We ended things in somewhat friendly terms. I don't know if she was as much into me as I was into her. We haven't spoken since.

I haven't gotten completely trough it yet and this was about 4 months ago, if it were possible I would get back together with her, but I do not think it is.

Should I send her a happy new year message? I really want too, but I don't know if I should.

how did you manage that?
go a girl literally on the verge of doing that

My fiance and I lift together. She's a fantastic workout partner. 4x a week. Couldn't be happier.

If she dropped her last guy for you, odds are she might drop you for someone else. Not saying don't go for her, just advising you to be careful.

probably still worth a try as long as you don't get invested too much

Yeah, it's normal, but it's better if you find a girl local to you. Long distance relationships rarely work out. It's gonna be hard, but you'll move on eventually.

well OP she's currently with her bf who so happens to be her ex

There is no her, there is no one. There is too much hate and anger in my heart for there to be room for love. But it's better this way because the anger keeps me fighting to improve, and the hate let's me do it independently.

I know it sounds edgy and fedora and all that, but it's gotten me this far and will keep me going for a good long while.

I'm blessed with a really attractive face, and I also exercise heavily and I like to think I'm a good conversationalist.

She and I met at a party, she had a boyfriend at the time who I wasn't aware of. She was cool to hang out with and we spent most of the evening together. We started texting and she mentioned she had a boyfriend and stressed that she and I were just friends.

A week later, she and her boyfriend had broken up after she sent me a lengthy text about how they aren't working together. She then told me that she's romantically interested in me, and a couple weeks later we went out on our first date after I got back from a trip with family. I didn't really do anything, it just kinda fell into my lap.

well damn a week later she breaks off things with him?

that'S a bit too fast imo

Thanks bro, I really like her but I know full well how things can turn out. I'm just taking it step by step right now.

Oh I didn't understand the second part of your post. When I knew she was on the verge of breaking up with her boyfriend but still hadn't told me that she was interested in me, I just acted like a concerned friend. Like "oh what did you think is going wrong?", etc. I can't say it'll work for everyone, but did for me.

hm alright wel my situation is a bit more complicated of sorts guess waiting a year for her is not something i should do

From what she told me, their relationship had been stagnant for a while. I don't know if she was just waiting for someone she liked more to come along or if it was going to happen then anyway, but from what I've been told by her friends I hurried along the inevitable.

yeah well i'm the guy who asked you and the relationship of this girl is stagnated for said year now and she's eagerly trying to fix the relationship even though her and i established through talking a long time that it's not possible

nevertheless wishing you best of luck my man

Thanks dude, hope you get that girl.

thanks happy new year

I started lifting for her after she left me, because I wanted to be a more confident person. I didn't care that she cheated on me, that she didn't care about me, that she didn't think about me - I was waiting for the moment that we would meet again and I would blow her away. That moment came, but it was too late: I had met someone better than her. And she loves me for who I am. You're better than her, whoever she is bros. You don't need her, and if she rejects you then it's her loss. You're going to find someone out there who loves you.

We're all going to make it.

I'm sadly only 5'7 myself lol. She gave me her number today and we're watching a movie next week. I'm going to make it breh.

i lift so i can snap people in half

I never received any attention from girls in middle or highschool and it made me not give a fuck.

I was fat and I resented that I couldn't get girls to like me.

I never tried or cared about fat or ugly girls either.

It made me realize I'd never actually love someone and they would never actually be able to love me in return. I'd never lower my standards, I'm raising myself up, but I also can't love or trust someone that only is with me because I'm fit or I have a money or whatever.

I'll never be able to love so I'd rather just be alone and better myself and dedicate my life to civil service.

>fall in love
>Things going perfectly for a long time
>She fucks someone else

>Get with old oneitis
>She admits she always liked me and thinks I'm "the one"
>She fucks someone else

I've had "her" twice now, amongst others.

Women are a bad meme. I've resolved myself to being a Veeky Forums celibate monk now.

>tfw it doesn't matter how big I get, she'll always hate me
It's good fuel too bee honest

How did you find out they cheated?

>because I'm fit or I have a money or whatever.

I wouldn't love someone who isn't fit or doesn't have self-created economic value, and it isn't shallow at all. Creation of wealth indicates the highest spiritual purity: man's domination of nature.
Being fit or being rich through your own doing IS part of you, not something external.

I guess I still lift for her, her name is Leila but I try my best to leave her alone.

I'm a stupid fuck up.

>betas

she wassent the prettiest girl in the world, not even the prettiest at the school to be frank. but for me she was perfect. The only person i cared for, the only one i trusted. I wanted to get in shape for her better how i look for HER (i did btw lost 50 pounds and gained muscle) but im not the one for her but lifting her me get over it

>go to England on vacation with some friends
>we have to meet at the hotel at 9pm
>it starts to get dark out
>got to check my watch
>I forgot it
>decide to go ask someone
>find someone to ask
>ARE YOU WIMBLY FOURS MATE!? IM CRIMBO NINAN SIX APPLE SMIBBLY DIN BIBBLY CHAP
>have no idea what he just said, ask him to repeat
>YOU WOT M8?
>he starts to laugh maniacally
>Big Ben rings out
>everyone stops in the freaking street
>a carriage with the initials HRH rides down the street
>the freaking queen herself sticks her head out
>OI YOU GITS DID YE HEAR THAT!? IT BE 6 BONG
>driver pokes his head out
>6 BONGERS!?

She left me. I dont mind desu, it was a great experience and she made me realize a lot of shit about me and what I want in life.

We are all gonna make it brehs. Happy 2017

I just started lifting, but not for her, to get over her, have something to occupy my mind that isnt booze, and maybe look a little better and feel a little better and more confident to find someone better. And jokes on me I broke up with her for some dumb reason, whatever

fuck im rucking retarded, meantI'm gunna go lift myself onto a bridge and jump off it now

My dumbass fell in love with a lesbian chick whos in a relationship.

lol just kill me senpai

Holy shit. This hit me hard.

underrated post

man that show was so cash

This year I'll definitely get in shape, and impress him!

Time to lift bra

lmao same here senpai

she's a cute asian chick who I heard kisses a few guys from time to time, but is in a serious relationship with a woman

just shoot me

something my brother needs to hear

fuck you. i dont want to think about "her"...

Do any of you ever think about the fact that these girls you pine over and think about endlessly and cry about on Veeky Forums have literally never given you a second thought

If they are an ex-girlfriend, they are out happily living their lives, hooking up with random guys, going places iwith their friends, posting on social media, loving their families, getting new boyfriends, everything typical girls do She does not ever think about you. If she wasn't an ex-gf and is just a regular girl, she never thinks about you period.

Maybe think about that next time you type your essays crying about the "girls you lift for"