Routine Thread critique

Looking to get off SS with a full body that had exercises I actually enjoy doing, so far I've come up with this

Could really use some critique, is there anyway I can get chin ups or dips or flyes in this without it becoming overwhelming? Is this scheme okay?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx

A
Back squat 3x5
Bench press 3x5
Db shoulder press 3x8-10
Leg extensions 2x10
Hammer curls 2x10
Db curls 2x10
Lateral raise 2x10
Front raise 2x10

B
Deadlift 1x5
Bent over row 3x5
Incline db press 3x8-10
Lat pulldowns 3x8-10
Skullcrushers 3x8-10
Calf raises 2x15-20

Need help from some friendly Veeky Forumsbro

Other urls found in this thread:

slideshare.net/guest98310f0/arnolds-advanced-training-program
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump

Can I stick one arm db rows into day A? I just realized nothing I'm doing that day works my back

If you're actually going to do this, do paused rep calf raises every day for 4-5 sets with a goal of getting around 10 difficult sets a week
Also if you're trying to make linear strength gains benching and shoulder pressing on the same day is pretty dumb imo, one of them is gonna suffer

Your routine makes no fucking sense. It's literally just a bunch of random shit each day. At this point, it doesn't matter where you stick some more random shit. It's totally fucked.

This is why beginners are told to follow a program and not make their own routines.

I tried to hit the same groups as SS just using more exercises I enjoy and adding leg and arm accessories

How can I improve upon this? Should I just stick with SS?

>that pic
are you trying to make me break no fap 2017 already, OP?

Oi ladz. I need a replacement for dumbbell pullovers, and also a possible list of replacements for power cleans.

I was thinking close grip bench for the pullovers, but I'm infamously bad at substituting exercises.

Do you have access to a cable setup? If you do, straight-arm pulldowns are about the closest thing you can get.

I have literally never seen a good routine in these threads. Stop thinking that you know shit and just do one of the popular proven programs god damn.

You should do TM as is recommended in PP for the most optimal gains.

Looks perfect. Thanks user.

ACBDAxx
BCADBxx

A
Back squat 5x5
Chin up 5x5
Face pull 5x5
Seated row 5x5

B
Dip 5x5
OHP 5x5
Pull over 5x5
Bodyweight squat 5x5
Deadlift x 5

C
Curls 3 x 8

D
Skull crusher 3x8

Was doing starting strength but reached a point where nothing except for my squat was going up as I was too fatigued post squat to increase weight on the other two main compound lifts every session, so I split it into a upper and lower day. My lifts are going up but any critique would be great.

ABxCDxx

A
Bench 3x5
Incline Press 3x8-12
Cable Flies 3x8-12
OHP 3x5
Lying tricep extension 3x8-12
Lateral raises 3x8-12

B
Deadlift 1x5
Squat 3x5
Weighted chin ups 3x5
T Bar rows 3x8-12
Alternating DB curls 3x8-12

C
OHP 3x5
Paused Bench 3x5
Incline Press 3x8-12
Cable Flies 3x8-12
Lying Tricep extension 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 3x8-12

D
Squat 3x5
Snatch Deadlift 3x5
Weighted chin ups 3x5
T Bar rows 3x8-12
Alternating DB curls 3x8-12

>bodyweight squat 5x5
LMAO!!

Monday:
Bench Press or Overhead Press - 5x3, 3min rest between each set.
Squat - 3x3 - 3min rest between each set.
Pendlay Row or Chinups - 3x5 - 1.5min rest between each set.
Hyperextentions or Hanging Leg Raises - 3x12 - 1min rest between each set.
HIIT Sprinting or HIIT Rowing - 15 minutes.

Wednesday:
Deadlift - 1x3

Friday:
Squat - 3x3 - 3min rest between each set.

Basically, my warmup outside of stretching is increasing the weight and lowering the reps, on bench for example it can look something like this, using percentages of what my plan is on lifting for the day.
1x10 - 25%
1x8 - 50%
1x5 - 75%

I alternate my pushing exercises, my back exercises, my core assistance exercises and my cardio for more enjoyable workouts and to cover the lacking parts I do have, which is lower back problems especially and endurance for boxing.

How does this upper/lower look? Does it need more volume?

Lower A
Squats - 3x5
RDL - 3x8
Lunges - 2x8
Leg Curl - 2x8
Straight Calf Raise - 3x12/Ab Work 3x12 superset

Upper A
Bench - 3x5
Dumbbell Row - 3x8
Incline Bench - 3x8
Lat Pulldown - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Face Pulls 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x12/Overhead Tricep Ext 2x12 superset

Lower B
Deadlift - 3x5
Leg Press - 3x8
Leg Extensions - 2x12
Leg Curl - 2x12
Calves 3x15/Ab Work 3x15 superset

Upper B
Military Press - 3x5
Pull-ups - 3x8
Flat DB Bench - 3x8
Cable Row - 2x10
Lateral Raise 2x15/Flys 2x15 superset
Bicep Curls 2x15/Tricep Pressdown 2x15 superset

ok guys how retarded am I?

AxBxAxBxAxBx

A:Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Incline DB Bench 3x12
Flies 3x12
Curls 3x12 or Chin Ups

B: OHP 3x5
Seated Dumbell Press 3x12
Pull Ups
Lateral Raise 3x12
Front Raise 3x12
Tricep Ext (3x12) or Dips
Deadlift 1x5

basically just sorta finishing up SS and added some stuff but i have no idea how to program. Any major changes I should make?

squats and oats

Don't do deadlift at the end of your B day and you don't need Tricep Ext with all the pushing you're doing and the front raise is not worth it, OHP is primarily the front of the delt anyways. Also, remove pull ups from day B and replace them with a bent over row of some sort instead. Something like this for example:

A)
Squat - 3x5
Bench Press - 3x5
Incline DB Press - 3x12
Chin ups - 3x12
Curls - 3x12

B)
Deadlift - 1x5
Overhead Press - 3x5
Lateral Raises - 3x12
Pendlay Row - 3x5
Face-Pulls - 3x12

i will follow your lead because of your trips bro, thank you. Any reason to get rid of pull ups in favor of rows? I ditched rows for pull ups a few months ago because I always thought I was cheating on form.

Hey, fit, does anyone have pics of "dat ass programm"?

My own experience is that having both pull ups and chin ups is overkill unless you're alternating between them, my reasoning for removing pull ups instead of chin ups is that chin ups are more enjoyable. For rows I find that they are better at hitting the middle back, lower back and traps, while chin/pull-ups are better for upper and lats. If you find that cheating on form to be a problem try to cut back on the weight or as I said, aim to do Pendlay Rows, they are my personal favorite and seeing as you lower the bar to the ground you get a semi-rest period in between each reps, kinda like "dead-stop" deadlifts.

Remember that this is still my personal preference, you can always try to switch things around to see what suits you best. Not just exercise-wise though, manipulate the amount of reps, sets and rest time if you feel it to be necessary.

All the following advice is from a dyel who lurks Veeky Forums and sometimes lifts.

What's with the convoluted day scheme, and the bodyweight squats? This routine feels like it's being tailored to some circumstance, but it's hard to judge without that context.

Looks fine, since everything is grouped, but the fact you're able to increase your lifts tells me your routine is probably working. But why are alternanating DB curls, T bar rows and chin ups on day D? A lot of the bodyparts used are hit pretty hard on day C. But then again, if it ain't broke.

Why sets of only 3 reps? Also, reminds me of Greyskull a bit. Looks decent, as long as you continue alternating those push exercises from workout to workout. Otherwise your body will have some issues recovering.

Why not incline bench right after bench? I prefer to do one after the other, because one warms up similar muscles to the other. Then again, it's definitely personal preference, but worth giving some thought. Looks pretty good, but how much volume you add or remove is up to you. If you find yourself being unable to finish workouts, consider dropping an exercise. If not, you're probably fine. If you want to add more, you can always trial it and see how it goes.

I do sets of 3 reps mainly because it works the best for me, I've used it times before when stuck on a certain weight, I go down to 5x3, get over a certain problem and then start increasing reps and lowering sets.

R8 mine pls
Monday
-Dumbbel BP 5x10/OHP 3x5+ (alternating every other day)
-Back squats 3x5+
-weighted chinups 3x5+
-DB biceps curl 3x10
-ABS exercises (weighted stomach crunches, hanging leg raises, windshield wipers)

Wednesday
-Deadlift 1x5+
-weighted dips 3x5+
-triceps extension 3x10
-lateral raises

Saturday
-Back squats 3x5+
-weighted chinups 3x5+
-DB biceps curl 3x10
-ABS exercises

Modified SS, thoughts?
A-x-B-x-A-Cardio-x
>A
>2x8 Warmup sets
3x5 Squat
3x5 Bench
3x5 SL Dead
3x5 Curls
3xF Shrugs

>B
>2x8 Warmup sets
3x5 OHP
3x5 Row
3x5 Front Squat
1x5 Deadlift
3xF Calf raises

>novice lifter creating own program

Why do pull-ups with all other push lifts?

Could you do ABxABx?

Just do SS as you normally would, throw 1-2 upper body and 1 lower body accessories of your choice in at the end of each session IF AND ONLY IF you have the energy after doing all of your previous sets.

Just do SS like I just said to the post above you.

I'm thinking about starting the "Shortcut to size" routine from the Bodybuilding webpage.

Is it any good?

Full Body. Everyday was structured in quite the same way.

Main Lower Body Movement
Main Press Movement
Hypertrophy Press Muscles Assistance
Back Movement
Assistance Movement.

its not exactly fluid mechanics to count macros and lift heavy objects.

Workout A: chest, back
Workout B: Legs and abs
Workout C: Shoulders, arms, and abs

MWF: A in the mornings, B later in afternoon/night
T/R/S: C

How much juice are you on?

Stats and stack?

test e 500 mg a week for 10 weeks.

6'1 200 lbs at around 10%
>bench 315x5
>incline 315x5 (idk why its so skrong)
>ohp 230x5