Hi Veeky Forums I got a blender for xmas but I'm wondering how beneficial it is vs fast food...

hi Veeky Forums I got a blender for xmas but I'm wondering how beneficial it is vs fast food. they have very similar cals and macros, so I'm wondering if there'd be a difference in how I look if I ate 3 double cheeseburgers a day vs 3 smoothies a day, and if so, why

comparison:

Homemade smoothie: 700 cals, 38g fat, 58g protein, 55g carbs (used whey, peanutbutter, plain greek yogurt, whole milk, almonds, banana)

Wendy's Double Cheeseburger: 730 cals, 42g fat, 50g protein, 34g carbs

I feel like obviously a smoothie every day will be better for my health since it's all natural and has vitamins and shit, but if we're just talking aesthetics, is there a difference in eating these?

Let the NYE rush begin -_-

STICKY.

don't fucking use peanut butter, banana and almonds you retard.

they are very calorie dense.

>blender
>2 scoops casein
>600ml skim milk or soymilk
>200grams of greek yogurt
>100grams of grapes or berries(optional, you shouldn't)

that's 530 calories, 78g protein and varying amounts of carb/fat depending on the type of milk.

Or you could just eat grade D reject mystery meat doused in ridiculous amounts of oil with wonderbread and fake american cheese.

Fun fact : it is LEGAL for fast food to lie about their calories by up to 20% as a "margin of error", go look it up.

You really think that's 730 calories? lol mate more like 900+, maybe more if the retard cooking doesnt care and just greases up everything in extra oil.

I read it often but the only relevant advice I get is:
>fast food is bad because it's calorie dense and raises your cholesterol
>saturated fat raises your cholesterol
>calories in vs calories out

none of this answers my question though regarding how my appearance could change based on eating burgers vs smoothies if they' have the same cals and macros

It depends on whether you believe that certain fats are healthy or unhealthy.
If yes, then the smoothie is better.
If no, then nutritionally, you may as well have the Wendy's. Just don't forget your multivitamin.

Why do you assume he wants to lose weight?

Try this.

2c skim milk
2tbsp peanut butter
1c oats
2 scoops chocolate whey
1 banana

Tastes delicious, filling as fuck, about 1000 calories, will keep you full for 5-6 hours so you only need 2 a day.

ok almonds, bananas, and peanut butter being bad is definitely news so I'll cut them out. I tried 2 scoops but it tasted chalky so I stopped. my alternative is adding more milk/ice, but at that point, I'd need to carry two smoothies to work every day which seems odd. or I guess I could try to find bigger cups...

Just blend up cheeseburgers with a little olive oil

I don't rly believe anything, I just want to look normal. do most people say that the burgers will make me look worse than the smoothies (if same cals and macros)

I want to relatively maintain my current weight of 175 while building muscle. I don't wanna bulk and get fat and I know it'd be very hard to lose fat and gain muscle simultaneously.

ya but at that point why not just get a big sweaty burger and fries for the same cals and close to the same protein?

NYR fag.

there's no possible way hes not a fatty.

Anyone asking if "fast food" is just as good as freshly bought meat, vegetables, fruits and complex carbs cannot possibly have under 17% bodyfat.

nice this solves my problem thx

Why not just eat real food at work?

I pack in

>400g roasted pork shoulder trimmed of fat (I cook a 800g pack and just put it in the fridge)
>250g sweet potatos
>300g mixed vegetables

They're about 850 calories and 100g protein with lots of nutrients and complex carbs/fiber.

I don't even microwave it, roast pork and veggies taste very good when warm or a little chilled.

Swapping in the sweet potatos for kidney beans gives lots more protein as well.

I eat about 65-70% of it during my lunch break, then the rest during my second half hour break.

ya I'm about 20%bf, though I've been lifting for about 5 months. I'm also 5'10 175lbs so I'm not too far gone.

and I know it's not good for me, but I'm just wondering why it's worse for body composition if it has the same cals and macros. this isn't addressed in the sticky and I feel like a lot of ppl assume "oh but you get fries and a large coke too!"

Wendy's Double Cheeseburger.
> bread
> 100% beef
> cheese
> salad
Sounds like real food to me.

Make a homemade smoothie with:

Almond Milk
Almond Butter
Banana
Berries
Vanilla Whey

Best smoothie meal ever

>miss out on all that fiber and complex carbohydrates from the oats and banana, as well as micronutrients you won't be consuming in that shitty burger

Not making it 101.

>low quality reject cuts with filler/cartillage
>"cheese" lol fucking american, your kraft slices aren't cheese
>salad - 2 leaves and a small slice of tomato and onion

fatties will do anything they can to justify their habits.

Thinks it's what you eat that makes you fat not how much.

You will get fat drinking 3 smoothie calorie bombs a day and you will get fat eating 3 cheeseburgers a day. The smoothie will have more nutrients, but the macros aren't too different.

But if you want to look aesthetic, you shouldn't be eating like this.

>But if you want to look aesthetic, you shouldn't be eating like this.
Why not though.

ok brb eating mcdonalds every day and beating phil heath at the olympias.

oh really? why not? I figured smoothies were good because it's natural food and I can get a lot of protein in (via scoops) and vitamins in (via fruits)

also not to be a dick but literally no one has answered my question so far

will my body look differently eating 3 double cheeseburgers a day vs eating 3 smoothies a day if they have the same calories and macros?

dont listen to the cunt.

A protein smoothie of skim/soy/almond milk, greek yogurt, casein protein and maybe a very small amount of fruit is great for gains.

Just not 3-4 fucking times a day for all your calories, you should have vegetables, complex carbs, fiber, meat, etc.

they don't have the same micronutrients nor vitamins

and if your smoothie macros are the same as a double cheeseburger you're doing the smoothie wrong. it's like asking if theres a difference between a burger and a blended burger

Phil heath, stan efferding, jeff seid, kai greene

>eats steak, salmon, chicken, cod for protein
>eats fibrous vegetables and brown rice
>takes fish oil for good fat

Jason Genova, jason blaha, most IIFYM goers

>eats strawberry chocolates
>eats fast food almost exclusively

but clearly it's "muh steroids", can't possibly be the nutrition.

will my body look differently eating 3 double cheeseburgers a day vs eating 3 smoothies a day if they have the same calories and macros?

Sure enough, but if you're eating nothing but fast food on a calorie deficit, you will end up ill/generally unhealthy. You'd lose weight at the cost of your general health.

Google macro and micro nutrients. Calories is not the sole consideration. You won't look aesthetic by being a skeleton.

Yes, but that will never be the case. You need a balanced diet to get all the macros and micros you need. You will -not- get everything from eating 3 double cheeseburgers a day and you're all but guaranteed to be getting too much of something.

>tfw responding to bait but you cant help yourself

probably not.

If your smoothie has the same macros(complex carbs/fiber/micronutrients) as a fucking fast food double cheeseburger it's probably full of garbage as well.

Did you blend a poptart inside of it or something?

Right, I'm out. You've pretty much confirmed that you're just baiting now. All the information you need to answer that is in the thread, yet you keep asking it. 100% confirmed bait. Go back to /v/ you fat fuck.

I'm starting to think I'm the one getting baited. in all fairness, the person who said "probably not" was one of TWO people to give an actual answer (the other person said the opposite). I didn't post the question in the response to that one.

everyone else talked about micro nutrients, vitamins, smoothie recipes, body builder diets, and general "health" advice that didn't answer the question about aesthetics.

but for real, thanks to
for concrete answers

that's what I'm wondering, but I posted the ingredients in the OP. someone said almonds, bananas, and peanut butter are shit so I can take those out, but yeah, it's still hard to believe it's garbage

They're shit if your goal is a calorie deficit as they're dense as fuck. They're great if you're wanting to build muscle.

they are very bad for anyone who isn't a skeleton who's bulking.

Someone who's ripped and bulking generally won't eat such insanely calorie dense food with little protein in it.

That said, nuts, almonds and bananas are still far better than the shit in your burger, they have nutrients and potassium and fiber and shit.

Your burger is full of oil, sodium and hcfs, enjoy water retention/bloating making you look far worse in practice.

you're a fucking retard

micronutrients and SALT. Fast food's worst flaws are added sugar and salt. And maybe charred cancerous shit in the beef and the carcinogens in the fat of the fries