Who here /ohp only, never bench/?

who here /ohp only, never bench/?

>art of manliness

it's just a pic i grabbed from google. never post in my threads again.

my rotator cuff is still bothering me so I do dumbell OHP, low cable fly and RC work with bands

How much you bench, bro?

i PRESS your bodyweight you little bitch

>tfw only OHP and OHP variations for pressing

no srs, how much? height and weight also

Why can't I do both?

Screw bench press. I do OHP and weight vest push-ups.

Push-ups are better than bench press because they allow your shoulders to move forward and fully contract the chest.

Torn labrum here, no heavy benching as it feels like my shoulder is getting ripped out of its socket. I can still train The Press because there's no internal rotation pulling on my glenoid cavity

I'll do what I want

Elbows forward? I only do that to unrack. Isn't proper movement with elbows out?

>tfw 5'5 manlet

>The Art of Manliness

I pray this isn't a meme because I'm gonna start doing it

I absolutely do this as well.

Focus on OHP and use weighted push ups as auxiliary.

Hit my bodyweight for a double three different times last workout. Huge progress.

I never Bench and only OHP.

And can out bench and out ThePress all of the gym plebs.

are seated The OHPs okay

>never bench
>how much you bench?

yea after I hit 2pl8 bench I never do it anymore

I just do dips to hit chest and occassional incline/flies

Yeah,

nice

Might hurt your lower back.

>cartoon strong man OHP 3 pl8s
>mfw

Eddie hall presses 4pl8s

Presses and Weighted dips here

>inb4 fedora

I dip my BW (83kg) plus 40kg for reps bby

I want to save my shoulders and quit bench press.

Would this bar be enough for pressing or do you recommend a full transition to weighted pushups?

Also, would this bar be useful for OHP?

Using a parallel grip can help you turn the ohp into a tricep dominant movement, which will help your development, especially if you're weak at the lockout. You should still use a standard bar for the majority of your lifting because you involve your shoulders more and can push more weight with a pronated grip.

alright thanks. Also I don't recall a lot of OHP-related injuries.

What about the bench? Is this bar a good idea or just switch to pushups?

who here BENCH PRESS + LATERAL RAISES
OHP hurts my shoulders tbqh

I haven't heard of anyone injuring himself with ohp. Behind the neck of course, is another story.

Weighted pushups are a great exercise but kind of hard to set up if you have nobody there to assist you. Maybe you can use resistance bands but that in turn makes progressive overload pretty hard to do.

Funny, lateral raises, even with some degree of external rotation in my arms, hurts my shoulders but ohp is totally okay. I just do facepulls for mid and rear delts.

I never consistently train bench, only OHP and push press

but when i do bench which is probably about once a month, my numbers are still going up

>the art of manliness

Me, but I train strongman and also do tire flips, dips, bear hug sandbag carries and Atlas stones for dat dere pec work. .

>The Art of Manliness

DON'T
TEST
ME

You should probably still do some sort of horizontal pressing. The carryover to implement pressing is too good to give up.

>be me
>usto go 5 times a day strict routine
>start skipping powercleans on last leg day
>eventually permanently drop the 2nd leg day
>start doing whatever i want
>do different exercises for same muscle groups if i feel like it
>start skipping my only leg day every other week
>using dumbell bench more frequently
>going to the gym just to deadlift
>never stretch warmup or do cardio
>dont give a shit about diet, just eat more or less

>those long finger nails
Fucking hell

Those, the chin stubble, and the greasy hair spell class. To match the hat.

desu I'm going towards a similar routine, really burnt out on doing the same shit everyday for years. only thing i consistently enjoy doing is deadlift. these days my routine is something like

>incline bench
>db bench
>leg press
>cable rows
>curls
>facepulls

then

>deads
>ohp
>leg press
>pullups
>tricep extensions
>curls

it's a fucking mess but i don't even care

horse shit routine dreamed up by a clueless moron detected.

>used to go to the gym 5 times a day
MANIAC

I'm seriously considering dropping bench and doing The Press 3 times a week. I am also a calisthenics fag so to replace it I do ring dips variations, planche work and I'm working towards one arm push-ups. I'll toss in some fly's or incline Db every now and again.

i incorporated in my routine 3x10

Can someone please post their physique if they do this? I'm genuinely curious what that would look like

If you did dips or push-ups to replace it you'd look mostly the same as someone who benches I'd assume. If you only did vertical pressing I think you're chest would just be smaller and that would be the only real difference.