Water - 0 calories. The best thing to drink for your body

Water - 0 calories. The best thing to drink for your body.

Black Coffee - 4 calories. A wonderfully bitter kick start to your morning.

Tea - 2 calories. A delightful mid-day treat.

The three best things to drink are the cheapest and super low-calorie. Yet we add sugar, cream, and all the garbage in the world to them and have fucked up what should be the easiest part of a diet.

Is this one of the worst fuck-ups in human history?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/03/28/295332576/why-we-got-fatter-during-the-fat-free-food-boom
boingboing.net/2013/07/20/cheap-easy-no-mess-cold-brew.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

yes op it honestly is. I could go on for days with this subject. but most people don't realize how fucked it is

I remember in my youth when I would drink 3-4 cans of soda every day. It's a wonder I still have my teeth and didn't become obese. Soda and Fruit Juices are just god awful.

I add a dash of milk to coffee to calm down the acidity.

Maybe I should just make weaker coffee or something.

Indeed, we have been forcefully addicted to sugar from a young age. Sugar is truly worst thing we can put in our bodies. People like this user realize how terrible it's gotten, but most people don't think about it.

Even if they did, sugar is SO INGRAINED in our society that at this point it no longer matters. Sugar is worse than heroin. Call me a faggot, but it's true.

I almost exclusively drink these three things, you learn to accept flavors so much more, whereas sugary drinks get plain after a while and the amount sweetnes and taste you want is an ever-increasing struggle.

I have a degree in addictions counseling (and working towards a master/doctorate in clinical psych) and agree with you.

Street drugs are terrible, but the addiction to sugar begins usually at age 3-4 for many people. Fruit juices and soda become staples of a kid's diet.

The sugar added to fast food is just as atrocious.

It is so hard to get away from sugar in foods because it's in EVERYTHING.

What do you suggest for a fellow sugar addicted guy, trying to lose my unneccessary weight and sugar addiction?

Acidity is not a property of the weakness or strength of the coffee, but of the specific kind of coffee that you're brewing.

If you're drinking dark roast coffees, try a medium roast instead, and avoid ones with flavor descriptors like "fruity" or "acidic".

Alternatively, if you're a rich fag and the quantity of coffee doesn't matter to you, buy some Black Blood of the Earth. It's expensive af ($120 for 9 and a half cups), but it is high caffeine (VERY high caffeine) and the taste is sweet without being sugary. Also, I want to see what happens when you drink it so post results on here.

>Black Coffee - 4 calories. A wonderfully bitter kick start to your morning.

Why don't you make coffee properly? Then it wouldn't be bitter.

I cut my sugar intake drastically over the past two years, but it was very hard. Right now I am at the point where I drink one can of soda a month (if that) as a treat and drink nothing besides water, coffee, and tea.

You should start with soda. Just cut it out of your diet completely. After a month of that, cut out something else that is sugary. Just keep cutting things out every month without replacing them with something else that has sugar.

It only takes about a week to break soda/juice the habit.
I went 2 years without soda or juice and after a few weeks you basically forget other shit even exists.

I drink it bitter because I'm a recovering addict that loved Jagermeister and it reminds me of the taste of Jager. My body was conditioned to associate bitter beverages with fun drunk times so I love bitter coffee and super 90% dark chocolate (once a week or so for the chocolate).

Good for you bro

op be fucking right af
>mfw

Heaven Trips
Thanx, I'll have 3 years this April.

Sugary alcoholic drinks are another reason why so many women get obese. I remember when I was at bars all the time and I would see girls drinking probably 2000 calories worth of drinks with god knows how much sugar.

>tfw only ever drink water, coffee (with almond milk) and tea
>tfw i hate the taste of soda
>tfw still fat

Lel

>coffee
>cheap
Its like $9 for a weeks worth of low tier shit "coffee"

Very interesting. Thanks user, I'll try a different brand.

>coffee with almond milk
muh nigga

Drop the almond milk, your getting nothing for yur money. Go with hemp or coconut milk if you must have a dairy alternative.

$9/week? Are you coffeeing from a fucking Keurig?

Even Keurig is $0.27 per pod (if you get kirkland brand).

Is it bad to put a splash of milk and/or low fat creamer in my coffee user? I drink almost exclusively coffee and sugarless tea and I just want to make sure I'm not fucking up the diet with a splash of milk and a table spoon of creamer.

Agree! Back in the 70s - there was a spike in commodity price of sugar(74?). Living with an elder relative - we both cut out sugar in coffee and tea. So grateful, never looked back. Also, as a child and youth, soda was not allowed in my household. Frankly, when one thinks of the garbage the Big Aggie and others added to Western diets, it's depressing. Sugar is in near everything. Get off it, POISON!

sleep tight porker

I was born in 84 and grew up in the era of super cheap fast food and soda being staples of my diet. We're talking a weeks worth of 29 cent McDonalds Hamburgers and Store Brand Root beer.

My parents, and most people, really had no idea how bad sugar was back then.

The worst thing that happened was the low fat craze.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/03/28/295332576/why-we-got-fatter-during-the-fat-free-food-boom

Goddamn these fucking idiot lawmakers and terrible food companies. People ate low-fat snacks by the truckload that were also SUPER HIGH IN SUGAR. People should have been thrown in prison for misleading the public like this.

I can barely read this without my blood boiling.

"And the food industry saw the low-fat, high-carb mantra as an opportunity to create a whole new range of products. Fat-free frozen yogurt, fat-free muffins and cookies — the formula was: Take out the fat; add lots of sugar."

Take out the fat; add lots of sugar.

No just standard foldgers.

Nah your fine dude. It will probably add up very quickly if you drink a lot of coffee, so keep that in mind. I use milk in my first cup, then turn off the pot and let the rest cool down while i drink the first cup.

What do you mean by you're getting nothing for your money? Why hemp or coconut?

Almond milk has very little useful nutrients

Try cold brewing user, it is a bit more hassle but it only releases around 15% of acids and fats in coffe compared to normal brewing.

boingboing.net/2013/07/20/cheap-easy-no-mess-cold-brew.html

I always drink my shit without sugar.
Meh, some fruit juices are okay.
Tomato juice, carrot juice and beetroot juice - my three favorites. Used to drink a glass of each a day, with my meals for dem carotenes and betain.
Now, I'm tight on cash.