Veeky Forums approved barbell?

what barbell do you guys use for general all around lifting?

i hope i'll never be autistic enough to differentiate between different barbells other than regular vs curling

Nothing wrong in lifting for fun

Once you have used a good quality barbell the difference is night and day

Maybe overpriced, but rogue bars. May as well splurge a bit if it's more than a passing hobby.

Crossfit gyms and oly gyms usually have a variety of bars. My favorite is the black zinc chan bar of all the stuff on rogue but thats mostly for benchcing and ohp.

Why are they called Ohio bars? I'm from Ohio and I don't get it.

get one with a spear

Cap OB86B - cheap enough to not worry about DLing with, decent knurl, not a bad spin if you re-grease the sleeves

Texas Power Bar - stiffer than the OB86B, but dear god never again try the olifts with this

Some godawful curl bar I literally had to sandblast down to bare steel because it lived outside for 3 years before I bought it. Has even more aggressive knurl than the TPB

Fat bar that won off of some roidhead ex-cop. Actually just a 2" steel bar with shaft collars & no knurl. Weighs about 65lbs

That's where Rogue is

Anyone go to a gtm that has bars that are noticeably thicker than normal? My gym has one or two that some people just refuse to use because of it. Are they just handlets or is the thicker bar going to fuck me up at some point?
I like using it for squats, ohp, and if I want to work grip a little bit more while doing rows or deadlifts.
People tend to hoard the nicer ones so I grab the big bastard just to get shit done.

My gym has one bar that's thicker than the rest. For some reason people always use the girthy one for bench, but that might be because it's also the shiniest.

Cheaper bars are often thicker due to the poor quality material they are made from.

Usually about 32mm. I hate using them and can lift noticeably less with them.

My gym just installed this one. Should I use this on all pressing movements? I hear that it's way,way safer for your shoulders using a neutral grip.

There are two thick ass bars at my gym and I just swap out for one of the thinner ones because I can't grip it as well.

the one at the gym

the fuck? I've used plenty of different bars and no, it's not all that different.

>32mm shit knurling barbell shit flex vs Teas/Elieko 28-29mm in diameter with beautiful knurling

k

can't you just use dumbbells

This
I have three different bars at my gym:
>28mm Olympic style, 44lbs, dual knurl marks, by Iron Bull (Chinese Company)
>30mm, 40~41lbs, really good knurling, weird knurl marks that don't follow powerlifting or olympic style, feels "unstable" at >315lbs, no brand name on the side
>Same as the other 30mm but in a different color and with shit knurling.
I only ever use the first kind.

You two have never lifted with good bars then.