A squat isn't a great standard of fitness because individual proportions greatly affect how much you can squat...

A squat isn't a great standard of fitness because individual proportions greatly affect how much you can squat. A tall person has to create much more force to move the same weight in a squat.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=waNT8hCcjTk
youtube.com/watch?v=xeO6IekbgU4
youtube.com/watch?v=tYgRDCA0LWI
youtu.be/FTbp3JdEoI4?t=36
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>lanklets are weaker because they have to move a larger distance.

Genetics play a role in everything but they don't dictate everything. Layne Norton has really shitty proportions for the squat and he got a squat WR.

work on your mobility

most people who complain about long femurs actually just have shit hip and ankle mobility

>ignores physics

Lanklets will never squat well. Worst proportions to have for weight lifting are long legs and a short torso

lanklets btfo

why the cringe beard?
why talk like an autist telling about minecraft?

Where can I find a power rack with lots of holes like that?

>ignores physics
KEK

This is the main reason I quit motocross.
It's impossible to compete with manlets.
They barely have to exert any energy.

you watch like two of his videos to learn some form,

never have to watch him again

>taking form tips from someone who spent 10 years to bench 300 lbs
kek

>im weak because im a lanklet beta

kek

he's a fucking strongman not a powerlifter
quit being ignorant

>strongman not a powerlifter
what does this mean.

Strongmen still have good benches lmao. Eddie Hall fucking incline benches 585 lbs

Alan Thrall has no excuse for a bench that people can get in a year of training lmao

oh wait it was 585 bench with pause. Point still stands though haha.

This is true. I'm 6'5, and have really long femurs. I struggled with squats for a while, but improving my hip and ankle flexibility has allowed me to get close to atg

Of course, my atg means the bar travels a hell of alot further than it does for a manlet, which I assume means it's harder or something, but, well, I'm not a manlet, so it all evens out I guess

man, I got BTFO

Surely you'll post a vid of your squat for comparison,

Yeah, but you can say the same thing about every exercise.
Bench? Fuck you if you have long arms.
Deadlift? Fuck you if you have short arms.

It's even the same thing for isolation movements. A curl is far easier for someone with a short forearm, because the lever is shorter.

A good standard to measure your strength should involve a variety of movement patterns, that different people with different biomechanics either respond to well, or bad.

For example:
The squat, where short femurs/long tibia and a long torso give you an advantage
The deadlift where long arms in relation to your torso give you an advantage
The bench where short arms and a big ribcage give you an advantage

>1 year to bench 300

Plenty of guys do it.

Took me less than 10 years to bench 3pl8 atleast.

>ragnar prepares to ransack paris.jpg

AND HE WEIGHS 240LBS

10 YEARS OF TRAINING TO DO 300LBS 1 REP MAX BENCH WHILE WEIGHING 240LBS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT WHY IS THIS LOSER EVEN ALLOWED TO POST FITNESS ADVICE ON YOUTUBE

>Plenty of guys do it.
Aside from genetic freaks with years of manual labor during their teens who are also fat and became even fatter during their first year of training, no.

>Took me less than 10 years to bench 3pl8 atleast.
How long lifting, how much do you bench. Video lifting or a pic of you?

Then how come the world record is held by a 6 foot guy
>inb4 that's a manlet

Is it bad advice? As long as it's legit he doesn't need to be the strongest guy in the world

I cannot squat atg like this. Not even just bodyweight. My toes flare the fuck out and my heels want to come off the ground. Never gonna make it?

He trains for the sport of strongman (think worlds strongest man type events), not the sport of powerlifting (squat/bench/deadlift).

Still he is pretty shit for his time spent training.

I'm telling you right now it's common I've seen several natty dudes at my gym do it and there are guys over at reddit too.

Also bruh I'm not posting videos/pics of myself on Veeky Forums to win an internet argument with an autist.

Who has the best form videos? I need to squat

Found the dyel(s).

hows he weigh 240 when hes tiny?

the beard is hiding a quintuple chin

u right u right

STOP THIS MEME NOW.

This is half the story. Tall people have to generate more force, correct. But their larger frame allows them to carry a lot more muscle mass which outweighs the extra effort involved.

The only people at a disadvantage are skeletal lanklets, but who the fuck cares about skellingtons anyway. Just put on some muscle.

What about olympic weightlifters, who are considered some of the best squatters in the world, they're all manlets right?

Lasha Talakhadze (heaviest total WR) - 6'6"
Behdad Salimi (heaviest snatch WR) - 6'6"
Hossein Rezazadeh (heaviest c&j WR) - 6'1"

Seriously, manlets might be able to achieve the prettiest looking squats but bigger guys will always have the strength advantage because of how much mass they can carry.

youtube.com/watch?v=waNT8hCcjTk

youtube.com/watch?v=xeO6IekbgU4

youtube.com/watch?v=tYgRDCA0LWI

youtu.be/FTbp3JdEoI4?t=36

Did they really need to make the weight look so big in the last video? It's cartoonish

>tfw 6'1 w/ short legs and long torso

To be fair I think he's too busy running his gym to train consistently

Why does every tall dude bitch about squatting holy shit.

I'm 6'3" and when I first tried to squat it looked absolutely dogshit. I couldn't go to parallel with 95lb or my heels coming off the ground, despite weighing 250lb.

Work on your mobility and stop being such a pussey.

Once you can do a bodyweight squat start light and slowly add weight, it's not that hard holy shit.

If you are training it correctly your squat won't be garbage. Stop bitching.

>weighs 250 lbs
>can't squat 95 lbs atg
Quit reading right there.

Tall people generally have poor proportions for squat strength (and often bench as well, but you can eat your way around those). Long limbs/short torso makes pulling easy but squatting suck.

You can and should work hard on your squat, but if you're built like most tall guys it'll never be as proportionally good as your deadlift - or as good as a non-lanky fucker who puts in the same work.